PDA

View Full Version : Computer geeks check in. Need Centrino program

Jeff240sx
09-14-2005, 12:48 AM
I just picked up a new laptop.. well.. my old one died under warranty, so I was given a new one. Pay a bit more, and I've got a Vaio s460 on my lap.
Now, using the built-in battery saving program, I can only get about 3hr and 15mins out of the battery, with the screen on 1 (dim), turning off the optical drive, and whatever the hell else it does.
However, in a 3 hour class, it gets kinda scary close, and I'd like to detune the notebook even further for battery-life. I hear there's programs out there, but my googling is turning up nothing.

Anyway, if you have a link to a Pentium Centrino compatible program for battery life, let me know.
-Jeff

Drunk Bastard
09-14-2005, 04:04 AM
I am TEH computer nerd.

Jeff240sx
09-14-2005, 10:43 AM
WTF? Where is my battery-saving program link?
-Jeff

RJF
09-14-2005, 12:49 PM
I've never seen anything like this for the newer (Centrino) computers.

Have you checked the Sony site for any updated power/battery drivers or utilities?

gigimow
09-15-2005, 11:20 AM
Isn't that what Centrino is all about. A combination of hardwares that was design to save power, giving you longer life compare to other model that Intel/AMD produced. You can always go to standby mode to conserve. A 3 hours time is pretty good. My Sony P3 notebook only gets about 45 minutes. So I doubt that a program exist. I do believe it's done on the hardware level.