PDA

View Full Version : exhaust leak between cat and midpipe

YellwMonky
09-05-2005, 11:44 PM
I just bought a apex'i n1 dual exhaust used. It only came with a gasket for the mid pipe/end pipe, but not for the mid pipe to cat. I installed the exhaust using the gasket I had on there and when i started it up, i noticed it was shooting out exhaust fumes from connection. I went out and purchased a new gasket, reinstalled, and noticed it STILL is leaking :hammer: Do I need to purchase a different kind of gasket other than the stock one? Since the pipe is bigger am i going to need to purchase a larger gasket?

S14DB
09-06-2005, 12:00 AM
Yeah, you need a new gasket every time you remove your exhaust system. I get mine from Project Nissan http://www.projectnissan.com/shopping/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=153&idproduct=637 but whatever works for you.

ghostuss
09-06-2005, 12:45 AM
you just answered ur own question. stock ain't gonna cut it. go to an exhaust shop or any hardware store they should have those gaskets. Or call up apexi dealer in US for that. gonna take you longer to get thou.

YellwMonky
09-06-2005, 01:14 AM
all right i thought so. Thanks for the quick replies. Project Nissan wants 7 dollars for a 5-7 day delivery time...I'll have to pass. I'll check at an exhaust store to find it. This new exhaust system sounds awesome! although...it's a bit too loud as is

sw20>>s14
09-06-2005, 02:24 AM
get a gasket that works, then try some copper spray just cuz its out and open...cant hurt, might as well...