PDA

View Full Version : So I looked under the hood of my friends Z31..

JtWo
09-05-2005, 04:59 PM
So my friend that I've known since 1st grade got his first car and said he started modifying it. When I went to his house and saw a black z31 turbo with REALLY nice paint I was pretty amazed. He said he had a custom intake, no cat(wtf), and an ebay cat back. He opened his hood and I looked for this custom intake. All I saw was a stock intake with this flat, white, cotton filter...When I look even close, I see it said "Hanes" It was a freakin' sock! LOL I wanted to laugh so hard too. But then when I started to head home, I wondered if that actually filtered anything. LOL does it? :confused:

420sx
09-05-2005, 05:10 PM
yea but not the smallest particles. real filter is alot better.

FaLKoN240
09-05-2005, 05:37 PM
This thread makes me sad. I thought you were gonna say he had like. . .an LS1 or an RB. . or something more interesting/ important to say.

aznpoopy
09-05-2005, 06:00 PM
hanes sock = custom intake

i find that pretty amusing. :)

SpeedMonkeyInc
09-05-2005, 06:26 PM
Damn! If I had known that this whole time my dresser was stuffed full of custom high performance engine enhancement products I never would have spent the kind cash on making my car faster that I have! I am a fool.

ThatGuy
09-05-2005, 07:10 PM
I always used my old socks for other "performance gains". But wow, now my KA will be better then turbo!!

:duh:Stupid Thread.:duh:

speeddreamz
09-06-2005, 03:06 AM
This thread makes me sad. I thought you were gonna say he had like. . .an LS1 or an RB. . or something more interesting/ important to say.

Dude me 2, on another forum im in, guy has a rb25 in a z31, its sick.

sr240mike
09-06-2005, 11:13 AM
If he wants to improve the flow he should move up to women's nylon hosery. Those thick white socks are killing his performance. Who needs an hks pod foam filter? His sock probably filters about the same and won't disintigrate. Other performanc uses: I used a sock to cover my power steering resevoir for when it boiled over at track events. Could be used to cover brake fluid resevoir to cut down on heat from turbo headers??