PDA

View Full Version : WTT: 89 SUPRA TWIN TURBO for SR S13 **N.FL**

AE_Racer
09-02-2005, 01:01 PM
I have an 89 toyota supra targa, 5spd, began as a turbo car..The stock 7MGTE got rodknock, so I swapped in a 1G-GTE, this is a 2.0 Twin Turbo motor, that came in the supras from Japan..HP is around 210 at the crank, you notice the torque loss down low, but I love revs..The car is in decent shape...~132k miles

Exterior: Car is a white package car, meaning body, moldings, and wheels are all white..Basically it needs a paint job
-Missing mudflap piece on PS front quarter, can get if needed
-missing grille on DS front
-PS foglight hanging, only DS works if i remember correctly
-car was in a slight tap, so the front upper nose piece is missing some paint, as well as the bumper
-there are maybe 5 minor dings scattered across the car, nothing major, should be able to be taken out with PDR
-89+ tails and 3 piece spoiler are in tact and in good shape
-windshield is cracked immensely, basically cracked in every which way consuming the whole windshield, if i have the car long enough this will be fixed

interior: interior is blue
-DS seat is seperating where the top center and side are seamed, believe this is the case for the bottom too
-either the clutch master cylinder is leaking fluid, or it was, so the carpet under the DS front floormat is stained
-console cover on the underside on the front has come loose, so some foam falls out every once in a while
-otherwise cant think of any major problems with the interior, other than it needs a cleaning...missing ashtray

the good stuff:
~80K mile complete 1G-GTE swap from J-HOT
-it was a 92 motor, and i have an early 89 car, so custom mounts were fabbed up, they have worked flawlessly after 2k miles on this motor, not solid, still use the rubber also
-the motor has not been modded or boosted higher than stock, the only mod I have found is a TRD clutch (common upgrade im told)
-harness was not extended, rather stretched, it runs across the valve cover, but i havent found any problems with this yet
-still uses stock airbox, like i said no mods
-running no exhaust, at the moment, meaning no downpipe either...i have the downpipe and a complete stock turbo exhaust that will be included if the exhaust is wanted

other things...A/C nor P/S work, neither were hooked up..needs new rear tires, again if car is kept long enough those will be replaced with another set of used tires...

I'm looking for a clean SR S13, that is daily drivable...I drive this car every day, so any trades I would expect the same...I may also consider other interesting trades..Doesnt have to be an SR S13, just need something with better gas mileage, and a change...I have a few pics...You can hit me up on AIM at AERacer20 or reply here..Thanks

Vash
09-02-2005, 02:11 PM
You should really try to post some pix. That'll help some.

AE_Racer
09-02-2005, 03:01 PM
Cam phone pics..Sorry...
Engine Bay
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/7766/1ggte26nk.jpg

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7061/supra14fs.jpg/
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3267/supra23fy.jpg

AE_Racer
09-05-2005, 08:34 PM
bump, anyone?

jackdoe
09-21-2005, 06:54 PM