PDA

View Full Version : usb data cables? for cell phones

frozencoconutz
09-01-2005, 01:07 PM
does anybody use these? i finnally upgraded my cell phone :o and i was wondering if i could use this to upload pics and songs to my phone. i dont plan on using it as a modem (im sure thats against my policy) but i would like to be able to edit my phone's calendar and phonebook via my desktop. btw i have a sanyo mm-7400 and sprint is my provider.

keirnna
09-01-2005, 01:17 PM
does anybody use these? i finnally upgraded my cell phone :o and i was wondering if i could use this to upload pics and songs to my phone. i dont plan on using it as a modem (im sure thats against my policy) but i would like to be able to edit my phone's calendar and phonebook via my desktop. btw i have a sanyo mm-7400 and sprint is my provider.

I went to my local fry's and picked up a set of these for almost all cell phone companies. It works well. It is not against your policy to use the phone as a modem. It just uses your alloted net minutes I believe.

SimpleSexy180
09-01-2005, 04:21 PM
i was wondering about those and thinking about getting one for my i830 what about those ebay ones?

S14DB
09-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Ebay, for all your Sprint needs.

crioten
09-01-2005, 07:59 PM
could someone share some more info on using a cell as a modem?

frozencoconutz
09-01-2005, 08:48 PM
could someone share some more info on using a cell as a modem?

i havent tried it myself but i think u just plug it in to the comp, wait for it to detect the phone and install the drivers. Create a new dial-up connection, select the phone as the modem and enter #777 for the phone number.

but dont quote me on this.

keirnna did u get any software with it? and what brand?

mjjstang
09-01-2005, 09:39 PM
i bought one off ebay from china i think, it didnt work.

SimpleS14
09-01-2005, 10:09 PM
I have a Motorola with Bluetooth. So I just bought what Motorola has to offer.....from a seller on eBay.

mbmbmb23
09-01-2005, 10:17 PM
I have a Motorola V400.....I bought a Motorola USB cable via ebay and downloaded Motorola Phone Tools from the web and was able to upload wallpapers, mp3's, and Java games to it. You can also download some other programs that let you change some other options too (button tone volume, color themes, etc). The main thing is to find out if your make of phone has software available....then look for a USB cable.

Go here: http://www.howardforums.com/ for info on hacking specific cells phone models.

-m

240trainee
09-02-2005, 06:02 AM
Yea, I got a cable off ebay, and downloaded the Motorola phone tools program, but for some reason, I can't figure out how to get mp3's on my phone, a v265. It's been pissing me off.