PDA

View Full Version : Buying college books on amazon.com etc..

HyperTek
08-31-2005, 09:04 PM
So last semester i ordered a text book off amazon and it was a teachers edition.. i just never took it to class lol.

anyways, i dont really want that to happen next time, and i need to order my books asap.. any one else have that happen to them??

Its like when you find a book you need, there are salers selling the book new for like $65, then you see the used books listed for about the same... Im guessing those new books are teachers editions?? I have no clue.. Can someone shine some light? I dont want a teachers edition lol

Andrew Bohan
08-31-2005, 10:40 PM
umm. just read carefully and you should be okay. i always got my books from amazon. have to watch out for old editions, international editions, etc

ass15
08-31-2005, 11:32 PM
YUP ! same shiit happened to me. last summer, i bought some books for my girl, the math txt book ended up being teachers edition.... :-(

sucks... and yes, it didn't state as teachers edition... i don't know how to figure that out, but i guess we can always email the seller and ask them if it is or not.

HyperTek
09-01-2005, 12:34 AM
yah, cuz it doesnt state teachers edition or not.. I wonder if buying from "used" would more then likely cancel this factor out or not..

Id think that maybe the sellers offer the "new" books soo cheap becuase they get hooked up on them by cheating the publishers by getting teachers editions for free or something really cheap.. i dunno

Sil-Abc
09-01-2005, 02:00 AM
i would just email the guy to find out. but used books could also be teacher editions if its the same price as new ones. u never kno till u ask

ranisron
09-01-2005, 07:55 AM
I buy int'l edition, they are the cheapest... I am foreigner anyway :D

what's wrong with teacher's edition? I'd love teacher's edition... MBA 2nd year is tough.

crioten
09-01-2005, 10:49 AM
i always sell my books back over amazon...

works great and i get maybe 10% more back than the bookstore would buy it back for (if they buy it back at all)

i really need to start buying books used off of their from now on

HyperTek
09-01-2005, 11:13 AM
wouldnt it raise suspesion or something if you where in math class and just busted out a teachers edition with all the answers??

crioten
09-01-2005, 12:29 PM
most of the time they have answers in the back of the book anyway...

but the professor probably wouldnt like to see the teachers addition anyway...

but, most classes are large and i doubt that the teacher would be able to see each individuals book

if they do have a hissy fit, jsut tell them that they sent you the wrong one and if you have to prove it, do so...

carlos9984
09-01-2005, 02:52 PM
http://www.fetchbook.info/
New & used books - Find the lowest price - Compare 123 book stores, 60,000 sellers, in a click.

crioten
09-01-2005, 08:01 PM
i was the "president" of a college only bookstore that would kick the crap out of the major ones in town...

we had all the plans laid out and everyting... would have been really simple... but then i realized i was lazy and decided to say screw it lol