PDA

View Full Version : Bullshit Ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

95Blue240sx
08-30-2005, 12:44 AM
Expired tags, even though registration is paid for.
No front plate.
Speeding.

WTF!! Im just on my way hom from my gf's house which is only about 4 minutes away. When im making the turn onto my street theres a cop behind me. Tells me that i was going 50 in a 35, then tells me to pop the hood. So before i do that i told him i have an intake, he says ok. Then takes a look and with a sarcastic "wow" he says ok then tells me to sit on the curb. Then he ask why do you even put stuff like that on your car, it doesnt even do anything. BLah, ok just cause its not a chevy camaro with a 350 or a rustang with a 302 its crap? and it gives him the right to talk shit? Then he tells me, yeah street racers have been dying a lot lately. I say I dont street race, and he laughs. Im sick of being profiled because I drive an import car.

Ill admit i do speed, but he could just let me go with that.

ootranceformeroo
08-30-2005, 12:52 AM
FCKIN GHEY DUDE!!!!!!

what an asshole. go report him to the sherrif or something. tell them the name of the guy then maybe they'll do something about it? haha never know man.

infinitexsound
08-30-2005, 12:54 AM
cause cops can do what they want when they want how ever they want... if he felt like taking u thru a alleyway with his buddy and felt like jolting u with their nite stick they can, but he didnt do that.. he just called u a street racer.... LOL sorry guy get over it... most of that is fix it tix... so just get it settled with.. and pay the speeding part..then write a complaint for kicks.. and send it in

TougeRacing
08-30-2005, 12:54 AM
well good thing u didnt have to deal with a ref! (well if ur in CA atleast). and i do believe a front plate must be connected to the front of the bumper. i know your just ranting though i feeeel the paaaaaiiin.

95Blue240sx
08-30-2005, 12:59 AM
I actually do have to goto state ref, for what? "an intake dude." Is how the cop said it.

So how can i lower the price of the speeding ticket? Can i goto traffic school?

He didnt say much about the exhaust but it was loud, should i change it out to stock before ref?

infinitexsound
08-30-2005, 01:00 AM
contest... if u can.... at court.... class only lowers ur points... i got 3

fliprayzin240sx
08-30-2005, 01:01 AM
Suck BJ but shiet your in cali and you know the deal w/ this stupid state. They'd rather harass you for your front plate that solve a damn murder now a days.

infinitexsound
08-30-2005, 01:02 AM
+1 for that, aint that the truth ray

95Blue240sx
08-30-2005, 01:02 AM
^^^so sad but so true, im just lucky he didnt shoot me when i was pulling my license out my wallet. How many people has SJPD killed this year?

Giant Robot
08-30-2005, 01:18 AM
just go to traffic school, admit guilt of your speeding (which is your major point here), ask the judge NICELY to go to traffic court, speeding ticket gets reduced,
and pick PIZZA traffic school(I'm not lying).....they do exist....

everything else is an easy fix it ticket....

HyperTek
08-30-2005, 01:35 AM
yah that chit happened to me.. we gotta take a stand.. Letting the Man get his way since they see a market to profit off import cars as well..

I got pulled over for no reason and got my hood popped.. why should we feel like criminals when we drive?

ghostuss
08-30-2005, 01:41 AM
do you really have to pop it? I thought you can just refuse to pop ur hood.

infinitexsound
08-30-2005, 01:52 AM
its just best to do what he said or else him and his buddie he calls over double team ur ass and give something even worse... then u would of gotten before hand...

CHARLIE2020
08-30-2005, 02:06 AM
NEVER ADMIT GUILT EVER! AND ALWAYS CONTEST ANY *UCKIN TICKET YOU GET PERIOD YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOOSE AND EVERYTHING TO GAIN.

Your best bet is to request a "trial by written decleration" and ask for as many extensions as possible you want to draw this thing out as far a possible so its not so fresh in the cops memory and then send it into the court at the very last moment but make sure its on time, i wont go into detail here but if you want you can seek info either by searching or go to a library.

I beat a 105mph+ ticket this way, I actually hit 155mph+ in my 91 Sentra SE-R but he didn't see me do that, but i no longer speed like that anymore, cant afford to.

chlatboy
08-30-2005, 02:31 AM
Police gotta make their quotas!! Drivers = 0 Police = 1 = OWNAGE!!

broken_s13
08-30-2005, 03:23 AM
MY brother Got pulled over tonight when we were driving home from IN-N-OUT. I guess they were bored so they decided to harrass us. We werent speeding or anything. They walked around the car looking for shit but found nothing. They tried to say that my brother in the back seat wasent wearing his seatbelt. But he was wearing his lapbelt. So he asked why wasnt he wearing his shoulder belt( I thought as long as you had your lapbelt on your fine). Cop assumed he wasent wearing a seatbelt. Told my brother some shit for his harness. But they couldent do anything cause they were secured properly. Then they asked why he had no licence plate in the front. It fell off but we had it. So they had nothing. No reason to pull us over Just wanted to be dicks. Fucking cops. I dont hate all of them just most of them. You dont have to drive like a moron to get pulled over you just have to be around a dickhead cop that has nothing better to do like actually fighting crime. :rant2: :smash: :mad:

FaLKoN240
08-30-2005, 10:02 AM
and pick PIZZA traffic school(I'm not lying).....they do exist....

Sounds interesting, what does. . ."Pizza" have to do with traffic school? I'm not being sarcastic, I have a feeling I'll be doing traffic school sometime soon, so I just thought I'd ask.

TheSquidd
08-30-2005, 10:16 AM
I agree, contest the ticket if you didn't admit guilt to the officer. I have family that works in the courts, and they've told me so many times how people contest tickets and end up paying like... 10% of what they would have if they pled guilty.

Like me for example, I got caught at 100mph+, and so did my friend. He pled guilty, paid 1200$ and lost his license for 60 days. I contested it to the end, told the judge I wasn't going that fast, he asked me how fast I was going, I said 90, ta da, I paid 220$ and that's IT!

Contest it. But also, you were 50 in a 35, which means you were probably in a neighborhood, which isn't cool man. Just don't drive that fast down my street please, I'd hate to see my neighbor's kids get run over by you.

chlatboy
08-30-2005, 12:07 PM
chantha, you got pulled over after we left In N Out? Damn that sux.

kazuo
08-30-2005, 02:33 PM
BJ,

- You were speeding.
- You didn't have a front plate.
- You said "expired tags even though registration was paid for." So that means you paid your registration, but have not received tags. Why? POI? No smog (your car is stock so I assume thats not it)? Haven't gotten the tags in the mail yet? Either way, you paid for registration, doesnt matter, you dont have the tags or a temp permit, you're SOL.

So basically, he pulled you over cause you broke 3 laws and you're sore about it?

Come on now, if you werent speeding, the chances of him pulling you over go down by over half. The plate he obviously just piled on, cause he had you and he knew it.

If you decided to register so late to the point where your tags would not arrive until the following month (like me), you should have done it in person to avoid driving with expired tags, which is yet another reason for you to get pulled over.

In other words, you brought it upon yourself. Sorry if this seems harsh, but he didn't target you ause you were driving an import.

Obviously, due to the manner in which he spoke to you, he has it out for import guys, but you were speeding and had expired tags.

That means you get pulled over.

Good luck fighting the ticket and all. You can easily get out of the expired tags and the front plate, so you really dont have much to worry about.

Giant Robot
08-30-2005, 07:06 PM
BJ,

- You were speeding.
- You didn't have a front plate.
- You said "expired tags even though registration was paid for." So that means you paid your registration, but have not received tags. Why? POI? No smog (your car is stock so I assume thats not it)? Haven't gotten the tags in the mail yet? Either way, you paid for registration, doesnt matter, you dont have the tags or a temp permit, you're SOL.

So basically, he pulled you over cause you broke 3 laws and you're sore about it?

Come on now, if you werent speeding, the chances of him pulling you over go down by over half. The plate he obviously just piled on, cause he had you and he knew it.

If you decided to register so late to the point where your tags would not arrive until the following month (like me), you should have done it in person to avoid driving with expired tags, which is yet another reason for you to get pulled over.

In other words, you brought it upon yourself. Sorry if this seems harsh, but he didn't target you ause you were driving an import.

Obviously, due to the manner in which he spoke to you, he has it out for import guys, but you were speeding and had expired tags.

That means you get pulled over.

Good luck fighting the ticket and all. You can easily get out of the expired tags and the front plate, so you really dont have much to worry about.

exactly, sorry BJ, but you were just asking for trouble in the first place......
The cop pulled you over solely because you were speeding, then decided to be a dick from there on about your no front plate and expired tags....just shit he felt like adding and teaching you a lesson to comply with the law.....It's highly unlikely that cops will chase you down if you were following the speed limit and DID NOT have a front license plate....maybe if it was a neighborhood with alot of "night activities", it was very late at night and he noticed your expired tags that maygive the cop reason to pull you over...

there is too much irony in all the other posts, i dont even know where to begin....

as for PIZZA Traffic School, you go to traffic school and EAT PIZZA.....
if you're thinking about online traffic school, good luck with that, its worse than online school classes.....There's even a Comedy Traffic School

95Blue240sx
08-30-2005, 07:25 PM
yeah i know i know i was just pushin my luck with everything, and on my way home i was so happy too. I traded my jordan xi blk/red for 3 pairs of SB dunks! gah!!!

Well id like to say it wasnt really a bs ticket, but the other stuff he could of let go, it was late at night and didnt expect any kids to be playing in the street.

Well what i plan to do is take the car to the state ref and put a stock intake/exhaust on and get that dealt with. Then goto the court to see if i can lower my fees and goto school for it. As long as my insurance doesnt go up ill be happy.

ThatGuy
08-30-2005, 07:52 PM
^Bravo, it shows alot of maturity to be able to admit you were wrong. Thank you for partially restoring my faith in Californians. :bowrofl: