PDA

View Full Version : fighting crickets

240SX714
08-25-2005, 08:27 PM
When I was a little boy growing up in Vietnam, I used to go into the wood/fields to catch crickets. I used to love these little creatures so much that I'd wake up at early hours to go and catch them. During the night and morning is when these creatures start chipping. But unlike the crickets in North America, the crickets I catch are much bigger and badder. They will actually battle. They have big jaws to bite and grind and strong hind legs to push and knock their opponents back. I'm now in VN and just saw my little cousins played with these crickets. Brings back so much memories, looks so goddamn fun. Only if we have these in America. Anyone here know what I'm talking about?

fliprayzin240sx
08-25-2005, 08:35 PM
haha i used to play with beatles or spiders when i was a kid

nrg
08-25-2005, 09:03 PM
catch a box load of them and bring it back. then set them free in america, in 10 years, they'll be everywhere =D

SochBAT
08-25-2005, 10:24 PM
Attack Of The Killer Crickets!!!

ALTRNTV
08-25-2005, 10:51 PM
My friends catch spiders and put them on a stick. They start fighting.

darren240
08-25-2005, 11:23 PM
DO MA!!! LETS LEG FIGHT YO. lol
i say, sneek some over and the losing crickets gets to be fried and eaten. :bow:

infinitexsound
08-26-2005, 01:33 AM
i know what ur talkin about.... its an asian thing.. chinese folks love that shit... its dates back to ancient times...http://www.danwashburn.com/blogger/crickets2.jpg

still prefer cock fighting... just because it was bloody.. but i never tied a fukn razor to their legs... I use to raise little thai cocks.... Had a black one names TYSON... hhahha
http://www.shamo-dolfo.com/rooster/winner.jpg

chlatboy
08-26-2005, 01:33 AM
DO MA!!! LETS LEG FIGHT YO. lol
i say, sneek some over and the losing crickets gets to be fried and eaten. :bow:

By you of course. I dont know how ppl do this.

Pank
08-26-2005, 02:15 AM
i know what ur talkin about.... its an asian thing.. chinese folks love that shit... its dates back to ancient times...http://www.danwashburn.com/blogger/crickets2.jpg

still prefer cock fighting... just because it was bloody.. but i never tied a fukn razor to their legs... I use to raise little thai cocks.... Had a black one names TYSON... hhahha
http://www.shamo-dolfo.com/rooster/winner.jpg

good to know you're a worthless peice of shit.
Animal cruelty like this is fucking retarded.

S14DB
08-26-2005, 06:28 AM
So, you like teh cock?

MELLO*SOS
08-26-2005, 10:04 AM
Come to Vegas and capture all the worthless crickets you want, they run rampant here. Albiet not the "fighting crickets" you know and love but still a tasty delicacy none the less! jk

infinitexsound
08-26-2005, 02:10 PM
Dude this was back in when i was 6 years old, get over it, u tree hugger. but next time if u ever go to a restaurant and decide to order a veal dish.. im still the bad guy...

luisgonz
08-26-2005, 02:32 PM
You two calm down with your cock fighting.......... :bowrofl: ..........."In the one corner......Razor Cock .........and in the next corner Tree Huger ..................hahahahahahahaha

Got Sileighty?
08-26-2005, 05:28 PM

are you an electric-car-driving vegan? ....anyway, i remember those spiders fighting on sticks. hahahha back in the philippines they sold the spiders in matchboxes right outside school grounds. that was some crazy stuff...

infinitexsound
08-26-2005, 05:48 PM
man the stories.... when we were kids running around... anyone remember making ur own sling shot...?

anthony240
08-26-2005, 09:24 PM
haha good ol spiders, now i hate those fuckers.
they didn't get as big in the Philippines than they are here!

and cockfighting, what can I say, it's entertaining. Winner lives to fight another day, loser is dinner.
My dad used to raise fighters back home.

what do you expect from a third world country? no room for critics.

and dammit you find a piece of wood with a Y shape, some rubber bands, you got a slinger
and you build kites from newspaper, use your moms sewing yarn
play on the streets with flip flops on a can
collecting bottle caps and use empty, flattened cigarette packs as currency
use a washer, and tie some cloth on it and you got a hackey, without the sack.

s13panda2004
08-26-2005, 09:55 PM

Looks like someone has a tampon up his ass too high..

anyways..

Fighting cricketts are cool.. But not as cool as a prey mantis. They fuckin' eat humming birds!

http://tinypic.com/b7f0nq.jpg

http://tinypic.com/b7eyhu.jpg

element240
08-26-2005, 10:09 PM
^ :aw: ........................ :eek3:

infinitexsound
08-26-2005, 10:12 PM
thats so dope......... preying mantis is DOPE......

SochBAT
08-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Anyone use to make bows n arrows from tree branches? or chop the top off a 2liter, attact a balloon to the end, and have a 'RubberGun?' how about making those potato cannons? I miss childhood. Wake up, play at school, come home, destroy things.

darren240
08-26-2005, 10:40 PM
chop the top off a 2liter, attach a big ass balloon to the end (the bigger the better) and use sharpen paper clips as bullets haha

a few nails and some electical tape = home made ninja star

childhood memories :sadwavey: i hope kids arent reading this.

im still laughing about the post earlier, little thai cocks haha

Pank
08-27-2005, 12:46 AM
Dude this was back in when i was 6 years old, get over it, u tree hugger. but next time if u ever go to a restaurant and decide to order a veal dish.. im still the bad guy...

you didnt say you were 6. Any grown person that enjoys dogfighting/cockfighting etc etc has a tiny dick, thats all i'm saying.

now, bugs fighting, thats fairly cool.

KA24DESOneThree
08-27-2005, 02:14 AM
you didnt say you were 6. Any grown person that enjoys dogfighting/cockfighting etc etc has a tiny dick, thats all i'm saying.

now, bugs fighting, thats fairly cool.

...and that's coming from an ideal created by our Judeo-Christian beliefs in the US.

There is a difference of cultures. To us, it is mean. To them, it is entertainment. Hell, the only reason there aren't really any more tribes of cannibals is because the Christians wanted to reform their "barbaric evildoing."

Try to be a little more open-minded about other cultures. There's a lot about our culture that's screwed up too, you know. (Like elitism... ;))

SochBAT
08-27-2005, 04:13 AM
You sound like one of those people that would have voted to ban the book, "Mein Kampf."

What really seperates dogs/cocks from bugs? Both are alive, right? Or cuz bugs are a 'lesser species?' Dictators thought the same thing. I think we've got one in the making. While i don't advocate people to go out and fight their cocks :wiggle: and dogs, its entertainment. Just like bullfighting, alligator wrestling, hogtie-ing pigs, rodeo, all that crap. Certain things appeal more to certain people than others.

Any grown person that enjoys dogfighting/cockfighting etc etc has a tiny dick, thats all i'm saying. I like your scientific breakdown and proven facts.

You shouldn't judge people based on their personal preferences. No one's perfect. And i've got a tinypenis too.

infinitexsound
08-27-2005, 01:52 PM
well honestly u guys are just kinda changing the subject a tad bit, were just talkin about growing up on the country side as kids and finding little small things to amuse ourselves...i use to live on a farm when i was younger... wouldnt trade it for anything... cause thats where i learned about growing veggies... hunting, and raising animals..... at one point i had a barn full of chickens.. couple of ducks, a dog and 8 acres to play on..all that shit was lost when we moved to the city go figure.....

ThatGuy
08-27-2005, 02:06 PM
Racketball Cannon > Potato Gun

Same construction, just tends to be a smaller diameter barrel. Grease up the racetball (we used Crisco) and fire away. The bonus over the potato gun is that the projectiles are more uniform in shape and usually re-useable.

I also remember making Tennis Ball Grenades. Damn those were fun! Box of Matches+Tennis Ball=Boom :rofl: :rofl:

Oh and Dry Ice bombs!! 2 litre bottle with about 3-4 inches of warm water in the bottom, drop in a couple chunks of dry ice, close the lid, throw. Wait for it..................BOOM!!!

Disclaimer: ThatGuy and Zilvia.net claim no responsibility for personal injury due to you being a dumbass and attempting any of the "experiments" talked about in this post and thread. :D :D

Pank
08-27-2005, 02:24 PM
You sound like one of those people that would have voted to ban the book, "Mein Kampf."

What really seperates dogs/cocks from bugs? Both are alive, right? Or cuz bugs are a 'lesser species?' Dictators thought the same thing. I think we've got one in the making. While i don't advocate people to go out and fight their cocks :wiggle: and dogs, its entertainment. Just like bullfighting, alligator wrestling, hogtie-ing pigs, rodeo, all that crap. Certain things appeal more to certain people than others.

I like your scientific breakdown and proven facts.

You shouldn't judge people based on their personal preferences. No one's perfect. And i've got a tinypenis too.

I grew up on a farm, and my mother was a director of animal control for longer than have been alive, i guess i've just seen too many abused dogs/cats/horses/chickens, whatever, and it gets to me.

bugs, however, are a different story. They're bugs. BUGS

everyone knows penis size is measured by whee/tire flushness anyways, what was i thinking.

sorry for the derail.

Pank
08-27-2005, 02:26 PM

I like your scientific breakdown and proven facts.

and b/c i dont like people making animals fight, i'm the next genocide enthusiast/HITLER?

could you exaggerate a little more?

SochBAT
08-27-2005, 07:29 PM
whats the difference between chickens n bugs? Both living, right? I probably could go on exaggerating more, but im a nice guy. :wiggle:

We did that tennis bomb to my buddy a while back. We were playing baseball with it, and he got owned.
Good times, good times.

Anyone remember great childhood games like POW, Labrynth/Downhill Jam, or Road Rash? If you didn't know, POW makes one person in the group a rebel, you either escape, or become a bitchass POW. Labrynth was pretty much "make it down the hill, dodge crap, and win" on a bike. I was smart and used a 'spear' in the front spokes. RoadRash, just like the game. hit each other while riding and loser falls and gets hurt.

Anyone besides me thought injured friends make good games?

Pank
08-28-2005, 12:25 AM
whats the difference between chickens n bugs? Both living, right? I probably could go on exaggerating more, but im a nice guy. :wiggle:

good point, i guess, i just guess that chickens getting abused hits closer to home.

anyway, if you manage to hurt your friends, then you know the game you were playing was more than likely fun as hell.

S14DB
08-28-2005, 12:28 AM
I choke the chicken all the time...

infinitexsound
08-28-2005, 06:02 PM
Lol...............

Drunk Bastard
08-28-2005, 06:34 PM
I use to raise little thai cocks....

Bori, you just owned yourself :mepoke: :mepoke:

infinitexsound
08-28-2005, 06:38 PM
thats not ownage thats living the country life... har har har

ALTRNTV
08-28-2005, 09:27 PM
^

Thai cocks.. hahaha

hnugen
08-30-2005, 03:18 PM
I used to grow up in Vietnam too, on the farms. The cockfights are fucking awesome, especially the ones with razors or needles on them :bigok: I didnt have toys like kids nowadays. Here are the toys I played with:
1. frog drum= skin a frog and stretch the skin on a tin can and let it dry. Instant drum.
2. ghetto kite= bambo sticks and paper with yarn
3. baseball= a cube of wood and a big stick
4. dont know= a stick and an old bicycle rim. run after the rim and hit it with stick
5. dont know= flatten soda bottle cap and stick yarn through center. make it spin ;)
6. dont know= tie a piece of cloth to a stick and try to keep a draddle spinning.
7. of course, crickets in a baseball cap :D

docrice
08-30-2005, 10:39 PM
praying mantises are the ownage! We had one that lived outside the entrance at work, usually hung around on the automatic doors looking for crickets and spiders and shit. Last week he found his way in between the doors and got crushed. I was sad, mostly cause a. those things are cool as fuck and b. one less thing to keep me entertained at work.

sorry to get people off track from the stupid hippie debate. Continue..