PDA

View Full Version : Lost 240 Title!!!!!!!!

projekt_s13
08-25-2005, 01:53 AM
Ok, I just moved and I remember packing the title for my car but i looked everywhere and i cant find it. And since I just bought the car, I was gonna register it in my name but i dont have the title. I dont know much about the dmv but if the guy turned in that paper that he sold the car, to the dmv.
wouldnt i still be able to register it??

Please dont Flame me

A Spec Products
08-25-2005, 02:02 AM
Ok, I just moved and I remember packing the title for my car but i looked everywhere and i cant find it. And since I just bought the car, I was gonna register it in my name but i dont have the title. I dont know much about the dmv but if the guy turned in that paper that he sold the car, to the dmv.
wouldnt i still be able to register it??

Please dont Flame me

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/topbuysell.htm

read up, if you can't figure it out, call the dmv and ask them

and let's hope that the guy who sold it to you isn't on here, cause he could technically say you just stole his car.

projekt_s13
08-25-2005, 02:22 AM
read up, if you can't figure it out, call the dmv and ask them

I live in Oakland. The people arent gonna belive me. But i will try to call

let's hope that the guy who sold it to you isn't on here, cause he could technically say you just stole his car.

But if he completed one of those Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability things. Then he cant say i stole it right???

*EDIT*
Just found this

The number of days you have to transfer ownership of a vehicle you purchased or sold.

Buyer
If you purchase or acquire a vehicle from a private party, you have 10 days from the date of sale to report to DMV the change of ownership. Transfer fees must be paid to DMV within 30 days of the purchase date, even if you do not have all of the required documents. Failure to pay your fees to DMV within 30 days will result in transfer and use tax penalties.

So can i do it without the title?? and what is "will result in transfer" mean??

A Spec Products
08-25-2005, 03:07 AM
I live in Oakland. The people arent gonna belive me. But i will try to call

I'm trying to think of some witty "you live in Oakland" thing but I'm drawing a blank. As long as you sound professional in any situation on any telephone call, people will believe you and listen. I like Oak Town. MC Hammer came from there.

So can i do it without the title?? and what is "will result in transfer" mean??

You could try. To be honest I don't know the correct answer, call tomorrow and see what the deal is. All is not lost, all CA cares about is their money, so as long as you pay, they don't care who owns the car (or so we hope).

Good luck!

monkey7
08-25-2005, 04:02 AM
All you need is the pink form and do a paperless transfer. You will need the previous owner to sign the paper though.

projekt_s13
08-26-2005, 09:58 PM
damn today is the luckyest day of my life!!!! I found that damn Pink slip.
went to register it today :rawk:

infinitexsound
08-27-2005, 01:19 AM
LOL.......... ok yeah u can do a paperless transfer, Liensale to urself.... i think... or u can just do a bill of sale but ur gonna have to contact the seller no matter what in ur case ... i believe liensale u wouldnt...need to.... but anyhow next time for furture situations register ur car the day after u bought it... it would save u alot of grief

undercoverdjay
08-27-2005, 08:30 AM
"I dont have any cash, but I do have the pink slip to my car" thats all I could think of. My friends and I are always quoting that stupid movie, mainly because we hate ricers.