PDA

View Full Version : Zilvia Server Hard Disk FAILURE

RJF
08-22-2005, 07:53 PM
We had a major failure of one of the three hard disks in the Zilvia server tonight. Luckily I was able to rebuild and restore services, however the server is running on only two of the three disks. I there is another disk failure, Zilvia will be down hard and I can't estimate how long repairs may take.

We are trying to buy a replacement hard disk to restore full system redundancy.

We appreciate all the support in the past from everyone who has purchased stickers or a premium membership, however, we are running and maintaining Zilvia in our spare time and with the help of volunteer moderators, so unexpected expenses like this really hurt us.

If you have been thinking about buying stickers, becoming a Premium Member or renewing your expired Premium Membership, now would be a very good time so we can order the replacement hard disk.

Again, we appreciate all the support in the past and Zilvia.net is looking forward to be here a very long time into the future.

-Bob

MakotoS13
08-22-2005, 09:12 PM
that RAID bullcrap gets tricky ya dont restore it soon.

SYSTEM IS IN A DEGRADED STATE!

Phlip
08-22-2005, 11:12 PM
Someone PM me about renewing my premium membership without using a CC, I am going through a phase right now, but would like to help

SochBAT
08-23-2005, 12:09 AM
Buy buy buy! Im buying mines soon! Support Zilvia and its renegade ideals.

smellslikecurry
08-23-2005, 07:02 AM
how much does that shizzle cost?? maybe we can setup like a donation thing and whoever donates can have some kind of special privelage...like pinking mods!! muahah jk...but seriously im down to send u guys a couple of bucks...i cant live without my zilvia...im sure there are a lot of other zilvia crack fiends out there...good luck with the disk

justinhustle
08-23-2005, 09:38 AM
ill donate 50 bux of the sale of my gp sports front bumper to zilvia, when it sells

and i got a gb i pm'd west about posting, so let me know ;)

RJF
08-23-2005, 01:56 PM
Okay, ordered a replacment drive and paid for it with my CC. Should be here tomorrow, I hope.

If it does arrive tomorrow I plan on installing it tomorrow evening, which would mean that Zilvia could be down for a few hours, while I do the disk rebuild.

I will make an announcement once the disk arrives, but just wanted to give everyone advance notice that there may some downtime in the next day or two.

-Bob

MakotoS13
08-23-2005, 02:10 PM
hours? dude, somebody needs to upgrade.

RJF
08-23-2005, 03:10 PM
hours? dude, somebody needs to upgrade.

If the disk arrives, it'll probably 2-3 hours starting at 7PM MDT.

sw20>>s14
08-23-2005, 03:29 PM
time for me to buy a couple of zilvia stickers...

RJF
08-24-2005, 02:20 PM
Replacement hard disk has arrived. The server will be down starting at approximately 3:30 PM MDT this afternoon (Wednesday, August 24th). Hopefully it won't take more than one hour.

-Bob

RJF
08-24-2005, 05:55 PM
The failed disk has been replaced and the drive array rebuilt, so we are running at 100% redundancy again. Thanks for your patience.

Buy stickers and a Premium Membership! :D

vinhisbored
08-24-2005, 10:49 PM
You guys sell stickers? Whatttt? Haha jk, I never went to the main page, just always got linked to the forums..

TougeRacing
08-24-2005, 11:07 PM
sweet goodjob guys!

smellslikecurry
08-25-2005, 05:24 AM
thanks for aiding my sick addiction!!