PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* what has become of this sport?

sw20>>s14
08-19-2005, 05:15 PM
i go on comcast just like everyday and check my mail and occasionally browse "the fan." its a multimedia device that offers pretty interesting clips/articles...so today i see it and one of the titles are: SEE 'DRIFTING' A.K.A. DRIVING SIDEWAYS'...i dont have audio at my office, but i would love to hear the commentary on this clip lol...c'mon, comcast? maybe if everybody and their moms stopped hyping up drift, the media might concentrate on real japanese racing like the jgtc...then the media will go, "hey, ppl like that...lets get more coverage of that bad boy..." and soon well be blessed with more jgtc events this side of the ocean...well, thats my tidbit of disgust for today...ITS COMCAST GAWD DAMMIT!! okay, im done...

MakotoS13
08-19-2005, 07:24 PM
Jgtc > Any Drift Event Ever

wootwoot
08-19-2005, 09:25 PM
I still think the most impressive drifting I have seen ever is on two internet clips. One was 2 fc3s's drifting on mountain roads in traffic tottaly controlled, fast, and dialed. The other was 2 cars at night drifting WAY to close and high powered/fast and twisty.One was an rx7 and the othe ran ae86 I think.

sdtouge
08-19-2005, 11:27 PM
those rx7s were using nothing but ebrake in that clip your talking about from what i could see, but still they did have good control

kandyflip445
08-20-2005, 12:05 AM

:werd: :stupid:

Sil Beer S13
08-20-2005, 12:43 AM

When i saw rotor glow and went a little deaf from the cars.

aahhh heaven.

wootwoot
08-20-2005, 03:56 AM
those rx7s were using nothing but ebrake in that clip your talking about from what i could see, but still they did have good control

This is true but I rationalise it by they were using basic technique because they really diddnt want to fuck up under those conditions. I think in one clip the driver used shift lock though

Var
08-20-2005, 11:25 AM

i'm still convinced you'll change your mind if you tried it out a few times

ThatGuy
08-20-2005, 11:34 AM
I agree with Var. You would enjoy playing around sideways if you just got out there and did it Doug. I enjoy JGTC and F1 more then any other form of racing on TV these days. But just the few times I've thrown my car sideways, I've instantly wanted to see and do more. When you push your car to the limits, you're bound to exceed the limits a few times, after that it's all about setting new limits. No longer a matter of grip levels, now it's control levels. Don't shun something just because it's trendy. Try it, you might just like it.

As for the Media aspect of it.. If it sells they'll milk it for all it's worth. I have my own problems with the media dealing with my aircraft. The media doesn't really care about the truth, they only care about what people will watch/read/listen to. Screw the media, end of story.

Var
08-20-2005, 11:44 AM
yep..it's the whole scene that you have a problem with i think, not the sport. If Dimebag Darell invented drifting you'd be all over it.

KA24DESOneThree
08-20-2005, 12:10 PM
If Dimebag Darell invented drifting you'd be all over it.

... and I'd be driving a Hyundai just to space myself as far away as possible.

420sx
08-20-2005, 01:03 PM
.....since it suits you better?

chlatboy
08-20-2005, 01:22 PM
If Dimebag Darell invented drifting you'd be all over it.

Or the Dukes of Hazard!!