PDA

View Full Version : Intial D***ARCADE GAME

No Motiv
08-16-2005, 11:38 AM
yeah so....you all know about the intial D arcade game....

and if you dont...its bassically you race the characters from the show or whatever on all the touge spots from the show, and some that are just very famous in real life, like irohazaka and akagi hill....

but anywho...

I had never played this game before, until this weekend when my cousin from cali came to town (supposedly its all the rage in cali)...i used his car (you save your progress on a card) he had a RX-8, he told me to do a time attack on the "shomaru" course.....

well basically.....

i got the first place time...

3 mins and 4 secs

thats what real world driving will do for you i guess.....

but im not really hating on the game...it was actually kinda fun and some what realistic...

what do you think about this game? :eek3d:

ALTRNTV
08-16-2005, 11:41 AM
How much did the game cost you? It used to be $1 to play. Now it's down to $0.50 here. It's a fun game, but not the greatest. It feels like you can slide just by jerking the wheel a bit. I play when I have a chance to. I drive a s13 Silvia.

No Motiv
08-16-2005, 11:49 AM
it was a dollar

yeah i thought it was fun

but there are some frrreaaks about the game...

there was this one guy there who said he had prob. spent almost 2k just playing the game....that was sad

i bought a card...i got a GC8 impreza. only played once with it...well then again ive only played three times

Var
08-16-2005, 12:01 PM
if you think thiat game is realistic, you need to go drive your car again. I'm not saying it's not fun. I played it last night at the movies. But realistic..umm.. Top of 5th gear hits 160kph aka 100mph. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear accelerate like a 9 second drag car, but 4th and 5th move like a stock diesel Mercedes. Cars dont spin out. It's just not real. But it's fun.

Cthulhu
08-16-2005, 12:09 PM
Battle Gear 4, that's all I have to say.

aznpoopy
08-16-2005, 12:10 PM
^^^ what varmint said

(btw, how do you have 4311 posts and i've never even seen you post before? XD)

-cars are impossible to spin
-cornering is limited only by how hard you can throw the wheel lock to lock
-braking really hard into the turn makes your car corner ... better ?
-counter...steering...? what's that?

not knocking it, its definitely a fun game.

FaLKoN240
08-16-2005, 12:30 PM
Varmint, is formerly known as WestboroughPimp.

He doesn't own an S chassis anymore, I don't blame him, he owns a Z06 now.

So MrMeph is fucking around with his name whenever he wants, just thought I'd clear that up.

As far as Initial D goes. It's damn fun, but, it's stupid to believe that game is realistic. I don't know about you, but I can't just down shift to second gear, not follow a good line, and grip a turn.

Also, my car doesn't stop anywhere near as fast as those cars.

TheSquidd
08-16-2005, 12:42 PM
Battle Gear > Initial D.

Neither are realistic at all though. If you think your real world driving gave you top time, go try drifting in the touge at night and see how much like the game real world physics are.

Nan Desu Ka?!
08-16-2005, 12:42 PM
Varmint, is formerly known as WestboroughPimp.

He doesn't own an S chassis anymore, I don't blame him, he owns a Z06 now.

So MrMeph is fucking around with his name whenever he wants, just thought I'd clear that up.

As far as Initial D goes. It's damn fun, but, it's stupid to believe that game is realistic. I don't know about you, but I can't just down shift to second gear, not follow a good line, and grip a turn.

Also, my car doesn't stop anywhere near as fast as those cars.

That's becasue your car is sOOOOOooo not JDM tyte, Scott. duh. :loco:

The game can be fun when played every once in a while. As everyone has said previous it is really NOT a realistic game at all. Battle gear 4 is much more realistic.

thats my 0.02

rainier
08-16-2005, 01:03 PM
i used to be addicted to initial d. when they had the version 2. i hate version 3, i cant use the cheap type R car. but oh well.

battle gear is pretty cool too. id pick that over initial d.

yeah yeah yeah its not like real driving. its a ARCADE game.

dct223
08-16-2005, 01:27 PM
the game is alright, but people take the game over the edge...but its entertaining to watch haha...

i remember people would bring gloves to drive... and would heel toe and crap when down shifting for every corner, and brake super hard and do all this turning shaking the whole machine to get through a corner lol.. i remember after a race.. people would like shake hands and be all.. "good race"

FaLKoN240
08-16-2005, 01:28 PM
i cant use the cheap type R car. but oh well.

You can't use it because not just Honda sponsored it this time. . .so hey made it FAIR.

Var
08-16-2005, 01:56 PM
If you want a realistic game play Forza. It's not perfect but it's the best out there IMO

kandyflip445
08-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Initial D is fun. I only get to play it when I'm in Asheville, NC or in Wichita, KS though. Booooo. I tried to get some arcades here to get the game but none of them want to foot the 10k bill for the dual person setup with card readers. BOOOOOO.

revat619
08-16-2005, 02:58 PM
Battle Gear DEFINITELY owns Initial D as far as realism. Initial D is fun to play though. I've got a few cards from when the first one came out.

I cant find Battle Gear 4 in San Diego anywhere though! Somebody tell me who has it!! And I've only been able to play Battle Gear 3 when i'm with friends up in the LA area.....more specifically...Life F'ING Plaza where it seems like everybody with a lowered car and their dog hangs out. :jerkit:

Oh yeah, Forza kicks ass! I made a hot pink s14 zenki with a bn sports looking kit, super slammed with white wheels, a park bench rear wing and an array of white flowery decals. It was the gayest thing EVAR, but it looked sooo badass in the replay! hahahaha

xbox still sucks, but that game rocks.

ciGARRETTsRbad4u
08-16-2005, 09:20 PM
None of these games really match up to the real thing, but they are fun.
Forza is a good game but i still perfer gran turismo over it.
Anyone play Ferrari F355 Challange? It's old and the graphics are not as great, but i perfer it over Initial D or Battle gear.

infinitexsound
08-16-2005, 09:32 PM
GT4 best game i have to admit it..... InitialD is kinda too cartoony with the graphics and the realism of the wheel is kinda wack... its to sensitive....

Mervyn
08-16-2005, 09:58 PM
The stickers add 5+ horsepower to your car ;)

Got13oost
08-18-2005, 01:48 PM
Wanna hear a good game?? Outrun2 by Sega i was the drift king in that~! lol

aznpoopy
08-18-2005, 05:05 PM
i remember people would bring gloves to drive... and would heel toe and crap when down shifting for every corner, and brake super hard and do all this turning shaking the whole machine to get through a corner lol.. i remember after a race.. people would like shake hands and be all.. "good race"

i hope you're not serious... :-/

Jcb890
08-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Forza > GT4

JaeTea
08-18-2005, 09:43 PM
Sega's Ferrari F50 pwnz all those cartoony ass driving games.

m0rex
08-18-2005, 10:17 PM
Forza is one of the most realistic games i ever played. I played the shit out of gt4 and forza. I ended up loving forza. Initial D kinda sucks. Its not even close to being realistic i know its not suppose to be and shit but if it was challenging enough it would be pretty cool oh and if you can actually do some upgrades or tuning.

Right now my favorite arcade game is maximum tune but i havent found something better yet.

!Zar!
08-18-2005, 10:24 PM
Sega's Ferrari F50 pwnz all those cartoony ass driving games.
+1 That is the most realistic game I've played. And I never knew there was a Battle Gear 4... I better start wasting more money at the arcade again.

Cthulhu
08-19-2005, 12:18 AM
And I never knew there was a Battle Gear 4... I better start wasting more money at the arcade again.
As far as I know it just came out pretty recently, like in the last 2 or 3 months. I played it when I lived in Tokyo, it might not be too common in America yet. No more s13 or s14 but it's as fun as ever.

MidnightstarS13
08-19-2005, 09:53 AM
I've actually tried BG4 and it's pretty hard. Why? Cause I tried the hardest course first. Duh!

There's an arcade up in the northside of Chicago where I got to play three games (BG4, WM:MT2, and ID Ver. 2 and 3). ID doesn't appeal to me that much anymore. WM:MT2 is the one I've been into so much lately. BG4 is pretty challenging and I wish they had a machine with a 6spd shifter like WM:MT2. Sigh!

240silvia
08-19-2005, 12:32 PM
I just bought a Japan PS2 and bought initial D and play it at home. I also bought D1 Gran Prix.... that game is PIMP!

Var
08-19-2005, 12:42 PM
D1 GP has to be the worst driving game i've played recently.

For grip driving and mild drifting..Forza. *
For Crazy D1 style Drifting.. GT3.
Strictly grip..GT4

*Forza owns you. Kaido Downhill
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/westboroughpimp/fujimi_kaido.jpg

Phlip
08-19-2005, 01:23 PM
None of these games really match up to the real thing, but they are fun.
Forza is a good game but i still perfer gran turismo over it.
Anyone play Ferrari F355 Challange? It's old and the graphics are not as great, but i perfer it over Initial D or Battle gear.
I played 355 Challenge in the arcade in atlanta a while back, pretty good game, I now have it for my PS2.
People here are the same way about Initial D in the mall, there is always a line to get onto it and a large group of people taking the shit way too serious. I am glad I haven't bothered to terribly enjoy the game personally

Phlip
08-19-2005, 01:25 PM
i hope you're not serious... :-/
Oh, he's serious, I have seen people committing similar acts of gheyness here, sans gloves of course... And this is North Carolina, I can only imagine California

revat619
08-19-2005, 05:29 PM
oh yeah, its the worst here...

whats sad is that most of them dont even drive real cars. They go from shit talkers to fanboys and nutswingers in a matter of seconds as soon as we get into the parking lot.

"Is that a real silvia yO?! You got turbo?"

"No."

"aww that sucks"

STFU stupid kids. :jerkit:

Var
08-19-2005, 05:33 PM
HAHAHA>...."aww that sucks"

Phlip
08-19-2005, 05:34 PM
^^^ And these very children are the reason I RARELY drive my own car to the mall, I will take mom's Kia in a heartbeat

revat619
08-19-2005, 05:40 PM
HAHAHA>...."aww that sucks"

hey hey hey, i KNOW n/a is lame compared to ka-t, sr, rb, etc, but i dont need these little ass clowns to remind me! Stop encouraging their behavior! :fawk: hahaha

Var
08-19-2005, 05:47 PM
I agree. Sometime when i had my sr, people would ask if it was turbo. I'd tell them no. As they were looking at my FMIC. Then when i drove off... pshhhhhh. LOL.. fuck what everyone thinks

aznpoopy
08-19-2005, 06:01 PM
whats sad is that most of them dont even drive real cars. They go from shit talkers to fanboys and nutswingers in a matter of seconds as soon as we get into the parking lot.

lol! this has actually happened to me.

got pwned in initialD at the campus center. guys laughed at me. we happened to leave at the same time later on. when we get to the parking lot they stood there slack jawed as i drove off.

revat619
08-19-2005, 06:08 PM
"its not turbo" WITH them looking at the fmic and then blowing off as you leave.....now i woulda been LMAO at the stupified looks those guys must've had. Good stuff man, good stuff!

FaLKoN240
08-19-2005, 08:54 PM
I agree. Sometime when i had my sr, people would ask if it was turbo. I'd tell them no. As they were looking at my FMIC. Then when i drove off... pshhhhhh. LOL.. fuck what everyone thinks

Haha, I could picture you doing that. . .

LOL, "That's a radiator, are you crazy?"