PDA

View Full Version : HiD's?? technical help!

Redsunz916
08-12-2005, 04:52 PM
my HiDs worked for a minute, and they dont now, i got my car detailed, and the ignitors got wet, is there a replacement for them? or am i assed out? i bought them from ebay they are "vision X" brand? from ebay? help let me know!

s13driver
08-12-2005, 05:05 PM
so you are saying that you turn on the light after the ignitors got wet, it worked for a min?
if that's the case it is possible that the circuit is fried, especially with crappy ebay brand hid components.

radhaz
08-12-2005, 10:24 PM
Try the hidplanet.com forums you might find someone parting out HID kit's. It's already been said if it worked for a short while and then died then its safe to say the water intrusion or possibly thermal problems with the water cooking off caused the premature death of your HID. Are you sure its the ignitor? Did you already swap components across to troubleshoot which component(s) are faulty?

theicecreamdan
08-12-2005, 10:43 PM
yeah check that, but be careful. The time I fucked up my HIDs was when I shorted out the wires on the ballast housing, and then when I was checking the other side I did the same thing... DOH

nrg
08-13-2005, 04:55 AM
get rid of the ghetto kit and do OEM hid retrofiting.

Redsunz916
08-14-2005, 12:11 AM
bleh, oem is BREAD, not everyone has it... anyway can they get f**** d up if they are losely wired or anyhting of that nature? i tried to wire them directly to the battery and they make a little tiny buzz and nothing. Can it be fucked up if i cross + to - or -to + it shouldnt make a differance but maybe?

is there a true way of checking these without using other parts?

ps, they worked fine, i used them for one day, then my car broke down, and it sat for like 2 months wihtout the hids going on, and then i finally get it fixed and they started to tweek out. Sometimes i would have to tap it to get them goin, i duno tho, im very pissed,.

SimpleS14
08-14-2005, 12:24 AM
Try to make a seperate harness.....and the only way to test the ballast is to connect them directly to the battery. If they do not turn on the bulb, then they are bad.