PDA

View Full Version : What would you pay for these wheels?

SpeedMonkeyInc
08-05-2005, 05:03 PM
IF these wheels where 5x114.3, what would you pay for them? I posted that ad, and I finnally sold them this morning. That was the third posting on craigslist and I had them on eBay twice. I am a little dissapointed with what they sold for.

http://www.craigslist.com/eby/pts/88066641.html

infinitexsound
08-05-2005, 05:21 PM
daymn nice wheels $1200? thats kinda of a good deal.... 1600 would be the ideal or somewhere around there

rancid240
08-05-2005, 05:56 PM
There nice, but if they were 5x114.3 I see them going for more. You cant really expect to get back what you put in for refinishing though, since the wheels were nice in the first place you arent adding any real value. Like someone wanting more for their car because they replaced a dent or something.

SpeedMonkeyInc
08-05-2005, 06:24 PM
Actually they where NOT nice! Brand new sure. These when I got them had major curb rash, the paint was flaking because the wheels where begining to corrode on the surface of the center, all the bolts where rusted, the polish was near gone, and they where filthy. So I picked them up for a deal wanting to re-do them. Well the re-finish cost more than the wheels! I would not sell them for less than the cost of the re-finish, but I honestly thought they would sell for 1200-1600. I thought the same thing Infinitexsound thought, but I kept lowering the price on each re-list. I asked the guy I sold them to why he thought nobody was buying them, and he said BMW guys have not really heard of Work wheels. If they where BBS or someother Euro brand I am sure they would have gone for more. Also, most of the interest came from 3 series guys but they really like their +45mm offsets. Oh well. I am out the cost of the wheels but at least I got what I put into them back.