PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Chappelle Show

cali240sxdrifter
08-03-2005, 04:17 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050803/ap_en_tv/tv_chappelle_s_show

sucks ass

it says they filmed half of the 3rd season, I wonder if they will release it on dvd later on.

sw20>>s14
08-03-2005, 04:24 PM
i just read about it on my comcast page...rediculous!...if the third comes out on dvd...ill definitely be showing my support for crude, sexual, racist, senseless humor...

rancid240
08-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Why dont you click your heels twice, and go back to africa

m0rex
08-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Lol... but how about that new show Carlos Mencia. Damn that shit is funny. If you know spanish you kinda get everything. Hes the new Chappelle and he is kicking ass at it.

*NismoS13*
08-03-2005, 06:56 PM
I'm so dissapointed...that show was hilarious in my opinion...

-Adam

blaze1
08-03-2005, 07:06 PM
he will be back in 1 year exactly, just like ricky williams

KiDyNomiTe
08-03-2005, 08:16 PM
According to Charlie Murphy in an interview on a local station they will more than likely release the 3rd seasn. Either by re-releasing the 2nd season with the 3rd, or make it into a movie (apparently there is enough footage for one).

mjjstang
08-03-2005, 09:13 PM
mind of mencia blows. where do you get off comparing it to chappelle show

m0rex
08-03-2005, 09:19 PM
What lol. Its pretty good. I think you are just offended by it. :D

cali240sxdrifter
08-03-2005, 09:27 PM
mind of mencia is pretty good since I know spanish and I get all the jokes, but you can't compare it to the chappelle show.

Phlip
08-03-2005, 09:57 PM
Mencia is like the Mexican version of Chappelle, and is DAMNED funny... Peoples' only knock against him is that he was on Comedy Central AFTER Chappelle and does the same type of comedy.
Let us not forget, on the other hand, that Chappelle is saying the same shit, almost verbatim, that Richard Pryor was saying DECADES ago.

JaeTea
08-03-2005, 10:07 PM
Blame Whitey!

sr240mike
08-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Some girl just walked past me today at the mall saying "hollahollahollahollahollahollahollahollahollaholla hollaholla", wtf?

420sx
08-03-2005, 11:59 PM
hes rick james bitch. dat fool be back in no time

chlatboy
08-04-2005, 02:52 AM
hes rick james bitch. dat fool be back in no time

Tru, he just gotta go back to Africa to think of new jokes to tell. You know he be shit talkin ova there too.

reefer1114
08-04-2005, 03:09 AM
ive seen dave live and he is the fucking shit. so damn funny. everyone there was either stoned, drunk or both. amazing experience. ive seen mencia but im not a fan. for some reason it doesnt appeal to me...

exitspeed
08-04-2005, 08:41 AM
Mind of Mancia is dumb, just dumb. I don't think you can compare it to Chappelle at all.

Damn, I'm so pissed it's not coming back!

MadScientist
08-04-2005, 09:22 AM
I read this the other day...
Dec. 29th, 2004 Interview... http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/10/19/60II/main650149.shtml
"If you take these kind of chances, it’s absolutely necessary. I mean, you know, I got responsibilities," says Chappelle. "I got real important relationships in my life that are very empowering relationships. I got a lot of positive people around me. I'm cool with failing so long as I know that there are people around me that love me unconditionally. And I got that. So … what do I got to lose?"

Followed by this..
May 15, 2005 Interview...
http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1061415,00.html
The problems, he says, started with his inner circle."If you don't have the right people around you and you're moving at a million miles an hour you can lose yourself," he says. "Everyone around me says, 'You're a genius!'; 'You're great!'; 'That's your voice!' But I'm not sure that they're right." And he stresses that Comedy Central was not part of the problem and put no more than normal television restrictions on what he could do.

"You got to be careful of the company you keep," Chappelle says. "It's hard to know how much to say. One of the things that happens when people make the leap from a certain amount of money to tens of millions of dollars is that the people around you dramatically change.

"During my ascent, I've seen other people go through that wall to become really big. They always said that fame didn't change them but that it changes the people around them. You always hear that but you never really understand it. But now that I'm there that makes a lot of sense and I'm learning what that means. You have to have people around you that you can trust and aren't just out for a meal ticket."

And now after reading that shit Charlie Murphy is talking...
"Now I can go out and do stand-up," he said. "I'm getting movie offers. It's off the hook. Me getting to the next level or whatever's going to happen is going to come from the next things I do, but `Chappelle's Show' served its purpose and I'll always be grateful."

Peace
Drew

TheSquidd
08-04-2005, 09:27 AM
Yeah, sorry Mencia isn't funny. I'm sorry to break it to you.

Chappelle had a good run. He might be back.

MakotoS13
08-04-2005, 09:57 AM
chappelle = brilliantly funny and insightful
mencia = dick and fart jokes

ZERO comparison.

Var
08-04-2005, 10:02 AM
I like Mencia cause he goes out of his way to offend people. His material isn't too clever tho.

lilredstiffy
08-04-2005, 10:03 AM
where will i find hip black themed one liners to make me seem cool now :cry:

Phlip
08-04-2005, 10:19 AM
^^^ You grow a sense of humor of your own and FINALLY come to the realization that "I'm Rick James, bitch!" just ain't as funny after we've heard it a trillion times from every 7th grader we see

TheSquidd
08-04-2005, 11:42 AM
Yeah the one liners on Chapelle's show were old just about the first time I heard them repeated by a friend. But Chapelle had more than the one liners, he had a lot of actually smart comedy on there too.

Mencia though, I could hardly sit through his stand up let alone a show were he's doing skits. He's the stereotypical mexican racist stand up, not that Chapelle doesn't do racial humor, Dave doesn't ONLY do racial humor though. Mind of Mencia is the Mexican version of Blue Collar TV or whatever it's called. Both shows are just atrociously bad. The same, stereotypical jokes I've heard a thousand times before. :blah:

Anyway, Chapelle may not be doing that show anymore but I'm sure he'll still do stand up and movies, which is good enough for me.

Charlie Murphy's a dick though, we all know he got famous from that show, but to actually brag about it in an interview, that's just ... well .. he's an :mrmeph:

smellslikecurry
08-04-2005, 01:01 PM
i saw chappelle at my local mosque before he left...its ashame i didnt get to talk to him...he left in a hurry :(

chlatboy
08-04-2005, 01:15 PM
you guys member george lopez. Come one you member!!??? Hahaha. +1 for george lopez and the dissing of hispanics. Do the yellows have a guy like that yet?

SochBAT
08-04-2005, 01:56 PM
Us asians are walking jokes. Look at us. I am ashamed of myself.

cali240sxdrifter
08-04-2005, 03:10 PM
you member!! hahahaha i love that line from Lopez...

rancid240
08-04-2005, 04:25 PM
i only drink the finest breast milks

hendogg8
08-04-2005, 06:26 PM
I read this the other day...
Dec. 29th, 2004 Interview... http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/10/19/60II/main650149.shtml
"If you take these kind of chances, it’s absolutely necessary. I mean, you know, I got responsibilities," says Chappelle. "I got real important relationships in my life that are very empowering relationships. I got a lot of positive people around me. I'm cool with failing so long as I know that there are people around me that love me unconditionally. And I got that. So … what do I got to lose?"

Followed by this..
May 15, 2005 Interview...
http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1061415,00.html
The problems, he says, started with his inner circle."If you don't have the right people around you and you're moving at a million miles an hour you can lose yourself," he says. "Everyone around me says, 'You're a genius!'; 'You're great!'; 'That's your voice!' But I'm not sure that they're right." And he stresses that Comedy Central was not part of the problem and put no more than normal television restrictions on what he could do.

"You got to be careful of the company you keep," Chappelle says. "It's hard to know how much to say. One of the things that happens when people make the leap from a certain amount of money to tens of millions of dollars is that the people around you dramatically change.

"During my ascent, I've seen other people go through that wall to become really big. They always said that fame didn't change them but that it changes the people around them. You always hear that but you never really understand it. But now that I'm there that makes a lot of sense and I'm learning what that means. You have to have people around you that you can trust and aren't just out for a meal ticket."

And now after reading that shit Charlie Murphy is talking...
"Now I can go out and do stand-up," he said. "I'm getting movie offers. It's off the hook. Me getting to the next level or whatever's going to happen is going to come from the next things I do, but `Chappelle's Show' served its purpose and I'll always be grateful."

Peace
Drew

Wow, that's crazy. It really seems like Dave is the kind of guy that keeps it real. It's a shame that he's gotta deal with this BS.

Cheesegr8er
08-06-2005, 01:36 AM
Just to let you know... Carlos Mencia isnt Mexican. He's from Honduras.

Secondly, while yeah his jokes are steriotypical, some are kinda true. I mean, not to blanket it over an entire race, but it's generally true. (strict asian parents, getting pulled over in LA cuz he drives a CL 600, etc.) Also, not all his jokes are about race (His joke about hurricanes, or his joke one his show about people who use obsolete technology, people who complain about their shitty jobs, etc.)

Lastly, about asians having comics like Geroge Lopez, the ones I can think of off the top of my head are Margaret Cho and Rex Navarrette.

teknoKs
08-06-2005, 01:47 AM
I wonder what Arsenio Hall is doin.....he's prolly at a fancy wine and cheese party