PDA

View Full Version : MP3 editor?

95Blue240sx
08-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Im looking for a program to edit mp3s. Just looking for one that can do it all and is user friendly.

Also a program that will convert a avi into dvd format.

Thanks.

Yoshi
08-02-2005, 04:29 PM
edit MP3's how?
if u wanna be pro about it, u convert it back to WAV and use Audition or SoundForge or whatever your fav program is.

AVI -> DVD is a huge thing to deal with... since AVI can mean so many different public and proprietary formats, it'd be nearly impossible to tell you what would work or what steps to take, as it would depend heavily on what codecs are used, and whether you have the decoders for them.... there are litterally DOZENS that could be considered "standard", depending on what field you're in. The safest way to go would be the idea that if you can properly view the AVI in question, then you must have the proper codecs for it... now throw it into Premiere Pro and sequence it out, then export to DVD :P (yes I know that's a WAY simplified order of operations).

It's hard to answer your questions more specifically cuz it's basically like asking, "what's the best engine for drifting?"... sure there's an answer, but it'll be HIGHLY biased, everyone has their own method of doing mm stuff I've found, people basically just stick with what's comfortable and works best in their experience... The correct answer will be very application specific, and the answer is going to be different according to whom you speak with... funny how that explains both the AV and the engine question :)

95Blue240sx
08-02-2005, 04:39 PM
lol thanks yoshi.

Well i just want to do basic crap i guess. I got some mp3s that i need shortened or remove the intro ect. I just dont know what is out there. I guess some basic programs?

Yoshi
08-02-2005, 04:59 PM
lol thanks yoshi.

Well i just want to do basic crap i guess. I got some mp3s that i need shortened or remove the intro ect. I just dont know what is out there. I guess some basic programs?

ohhhh wait a minute.... are you tryin to make your first drift vid? Hehee

A Spec Products
08-02-2005, 05:34 PM
BACK in the day i used to use Cool Edit Pro (v1.2) to edit wav's and mp3s...it was good for fading songs in and out, splicing, or boosting track volume.

I never did any crazy stuff but I'm sure there's some stuff that will work for free on download.com.

SimpleSexy180
08-02-2005, 06:32 PM
use soundforge like yoshi said, it works great and user friendly.

Yoshi
08-02-2005, 06:34 PM
BACK in the day i used to use Cool Edit Pro (v1.2) to edit wav's and mp3s...it was good for fading songs in and out, splicing, or boosting track volume.

I never did any crazy stuff but I'm sure there's some stuff that will work for free on download.com.

funny u mention that :)
that' was the multitracker I used when I was recording... it's actually still around, adobe bought out syntrillium (AFAIK), and Cool Edit Pro 2.1 = Adobe Audition :) Adobe didn't really do much other than throw it's logo into the splash screen and take all the credit, LOL!

s13silady
08-02-2005, 07:51 PM
do a www.download.com search for MP3cut. simplest program to do it with.

95Blue240sx
08-02-2005, 10:04 PM
nah im not making a drift vid. I just got an ipod and some songs i got are filled with crap at the begining and end.

The dvd stuff is for this video i got thats an avi and want to make it a dvd. I hate to watch things on my comp.

undercoverdjay
08-09-2005, 09:35 AM
**edit**Sony Soundforge 7.0 excellent program, well worth the 300 I spent on it. Thumbs Up

Yoshi
08-09-2005, 10:09 AM
Sony Sounforge 7.0 I'll send you the setup and the serial generator if you need it.my AOL screen name is S13 Slide Squad I've been doing MP3 editing for years. Hence my handle here.

wtf.
What are u thinking? This isn't a \\'@R3z site!
This thread was answered and done a week ago.
If u wanted to offer, fine, but use PM! Things like this make the site owners liable... it'd be really shitty if zilvia got in trouble over something so lame... and avoidable.