PDA

View Full Version : Do U Die From Air In Your Blood

maverick27
07-30-2005, 10:13 PM
so i have a bet with sochbat. heres the deal next paycheck i get his whole pay check if hes right and i get his hole paycheck if im right. but anyways heres the deal i say if air gets into your blood stream do u die. i say yes so cheat says no. INPUT PLEASE.

zenkiDori
07-30-2005, 10:24 PM
Yes, it's called an Embolism:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embolism

Phlip
07-30-2005, 10:24 PM
so i have a bet with sochbat. heres the deal next paycheck i get his whole pay check if hes right and i get his hole paycheck if im right. but anyways heres the deal i say if air gets into your blood stream do u die. i say yes so cheat says no. INPUT PLEASE.

Dear Die? When Air Enters Your Bloodstream,

When air enters the bloodstream it is called an air embolus. This happens very rarely, and can often be treated, although death is possible in some cases. Material in your bloodstream that shouldn?t be there is called an embolus. An embolus can be caused by air, tissue, fat, bone marrow, or most commonly a blood clot. An air embolus occurs when a bubble of gas or air circulates freely through the vessels until it reaches one so small that it cannot go further. An embolus in one of the vessels leading to the lungs, brain, or heart, if large enough, can be fatal; in an arm or leg it may lead to gangrene (death of tissue) and, ultimately, the need for amputation. Medications can be used to dilate the vessels so the embolus can pass through all of the vessels.

This condition may occur in divers who have breathed high-pressure air at a depth and who then surface without allowing the expanding air to escape freely. This can happen if divers run out of air and hold their breath while coming to the surface. The air in the lungs expands and can enter the veins that carry blood back to the heart. From there it is pumped to the brain and elsewhere.

Other circumstance you hear this in include healthcare professionals who, prior to giving an injection, ensure that all the air has escaped from the needle so that they do not inject air into the body. Also, sometimes people are told not to forcefully blow into the vagina for fear that this may cause an air embolism. There is some research that shows that this can in fact be dangerous during pregnancy when the air can pass through the fetal membranes and into the circulation of the fetus. Again, this is a very rare occurrence.

... google

zenkiDori
07-30-2005, 10:26 PM
Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_embolism

SR240DET
07-30-2005, 10:29 PM

why do you think the flick the needle at the doctors?... to get the air bubbles out.. i dont know how much air it takes to kill you but im sure its not much... thats why the nurse or doctor takes the time to flick the needle.... g'day

anthony240
07-30-2005, 10:41 PM
you win! get the money spend it well.

maverick27
07-30-2005, 10:45 PM
Yay! Scored Thanks Guys! He Better Pay!

MakotoS13
07-30-2005, 10:48 PM
actually she does that to activate the small magnet near the top of the needle. since air is polarized it flies towards the tip and out thus leaving the passage for whatever meds are to be distributed.

SochBAT
07-30-2005, 10:50 PM
Doesn't your blood carry oxygen???

So TECHNICALLY wouldn't you have traces of oxygen in your blood?

So TECHNICALLY, don't you have oxygen in your system already?

Fuggin WOOTAGE.

If i lose,i STILL won't PAY!

MakotoS13
07-30-2005, 10:50 PM
actually if air gets in your bloodstream you CAN die. this doesn't mean you WILL die. since no quantities are specified the bet is rendered invalid because neither side can be proven correct.

maverick27
07-30-2005, 10:52 PM
YOU HATER! i said air not oxygen and when i say air i mean all the component of air not just oxygen SO PAY ME NOW. NOW!

maverick27
07-30-2005, 10:54 PM
well the bet was based on two things. one the simpsons episode where homer gets a shot of hair when giving bart smart drugs haha and two the old high school thing where if air gets pusshed into a girls vagina when doing her she will die or if a girl blows into u when giving u head u could die. all these are if their gets in not saying it is but if it does cause death.

MakotoS13
07-30-2005, 10:56 PM
air could mean any kind of gas. nitrogen, oxygen, tons of other little things. next time be more specific.

i hope you never plan on making a deal with the devil.

SochBAT
07-30-2005, 11:04 PM
HAH, if that simpsons episode didn't prove me right, as homer did not die, and they ARE going on what seems like season 400th.

So i win. This thread is going to get locked tho.

Air = mixture of molecules that PWNS you. :wiggle:

maverick27
07-30-2005, 11:04 PM
air i mean as in air air as in AIR THATS ALL AROUND U cheat knows what where talking about and he knows hes ganna have to give his 50 dollar two week paycheck to me!

maverick27
07-30-2005, 11:05 PM
Anyways U Know Im Right Go Get Me Chicken!

airsoft
07-30-2005, 11:06 PM
NO one WINS!

buy us In N Out

maverick27
07-30-2005, 11:07 PM
i would since cheat can no longer afford to buy anything since hes ganna pay me the whole thing!

maverick27
07-30-2005, 11:08 PM
give me ur two weeks 50 bucks!

SochBAT
07-30-2005, 11:16 PM
Technicallities own you.

I win. LOCK IT!

TheSnail
07-30-2005, 11:21 PM
I remember reading it on a "methods of suicide" site last year. I will try to find the info. But they said you need alot of air in you blood stream. something like 50cc. But think of it this way:

Veins = clutch lines
Heart = clutch pedal

What happens when you get air in the lines?

chlatboy
07-31-2005, 12:41 AM
Man u guys are weird.

420sx
07-31-2005, 12:50 AM
you dont die, you become a fag. you both loose, now send money to me whores

Stock-S13
07-31-2005, 01:51 AM
If i impart the CORRECT answer, may I have the money?

I'm sadden by the level of the commoners "understanding" about a RBC.

HyperTek
07-31-2005, 01:53 AM
.. i get his whole pay check if hes right and i get his hole paycheck if im right.

then who cares? thats a win win situation!!! score!!!!

rokmplutonium
07-31-2005, 02:00 AM
you guys need to go watch some CSI

airsoft
07-31-2005, 02:17 AM
since ur both right, swap pay checks

upSLIDEdown
07-31-2005, 10:43 AM
.. i get his whole pay check if hes right and i get his hole paycheck if im right.

then who cares? thats a win win situation!!! score!!!!

I didn't even notice the wording on that! HAHA! You win either way chief!

theicecreamdan
07-31-2005, 10:47 AM
it takes a lot of air in your blood to kill you

Phlip
07-31-2005, 11:00 AM
I didn't even notice the wording on that! HAHA! You win either way chief!
Kinda like:
"here, I'll flip a coin, heads I win, tails you lose"

420sx
07-31-2005, 11:44 AM
it takes a lot of air in your blood to kill you

not a lot. even a lil bit can kill you. its a medical fact. can cause plenty of damage if not death.

Phlip
07-31-2005, 11:45 AM
not a lot. even a lil bit can kill you. its a medical fact. can cause plenty of damage if not death.
yeah, I heard that it can cause dain bramage or some shit like that

theicecreamdan
07-31-2005, 07:53 PM
my sister works in ER in LA county (forgot which hospital), been an EMT for 5 years. just a little air won't kill you, it does take quite a bit.

aznpoopy
08-01-2005, 01:24 AM
you know you're a car guy when...

But think of it this way:

Veins = clutch lines
Heart = clutch pedal

you try to relate an embolism to a clutch hydraulic system that hasn't been bled properly

Sil-Abc
08-01-2005, 07:53 AM
LOL ZOMGWTFBBQ that was funny

maverick27
08-01-2005, 11:29 AM
so who's arguement do you guys think is right? mines or Sochbat?

just wanna see the final reaffirmation of who gets an extra check.

420sx
08-01-2005, 11:33 AM
LOL.

you are a redneck if.....

zenki240sx
08-01-2005, 11:34 AM
learned something new today 8)

Mervyn
08-01-2005, 04:11 PM

So in both cases, your still getting his paycheck.. right?

SochBAT
08-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Maverick is a dumbbutt that doesnt remember how to spell correctly.

Read all his posts, and you'll see his grammar is outta whack.

But you get the gist of it.

acacg
08-01-2005, 06:56 PM
Veins = clutch lines
Heart = clutch pedal

Same with air in the Brake lines.... Its not gonna work properly. :wiggle: If you only have air in the brake lines... it was nice meeting you!!! :sadwavey:

Got Sileighty?
08-04-2005, 08:42 PM
despite the lack of his grammar skills, i think maverick wins this one.

air = mixture of gases; in earth's air, its mostly nitrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide, and whatever else...here's the definition from webster dictionary: the mixture of odorless, tasteless gases (as nitrogen and oxygen) that surrounds the earth.

sohcbat was trying to get u on a technicality saying that "technically" oxygen is being carried in your bloodstream, so that there is already air in your blood, and since we're all not dead, then he is correct....BUT as you can see he is TECHNICALLY WRONG, because air is not oxygen. air is a mixture of different gases.

so, if your bet was for "air" in your blood, then maverick wins.....if your bet was for "gas" in your blood, then sohcbat wins.....done.

now i ask, wheres my cut of the winnings? :x:

Jeff240sx
08-04-2005, 10:03 PM
All sorts of gas gets in blood.. especially for us scuba divers. We get nitrogen buildups. And oxygen buildups.
Full-on embolisms are rare and fatal when diving. However, less dramatic buildups of gaseous bubbles build up along the collarbone and neck when rising too fast, and make skin feel like bubble wrap, which pop when you push on them. So yea, other gasses get into blood often, and aren't fatal. And it takes alot to kill a person.
But not paying up based on a technicallity of wording is lame. You do die if straight air gets into the bloodstream.
-Jeff

theicecreamdan
08-04-2005, 10:29 PM
they didn't specify an amount of air in the blood stream.

Jeff240sx
08-04-2005, 10:33 PM
they didn't specify an amount of air in the blood stream.

Again. Lame.

theicecreamdan
08-04-2005, 11:14 PM
yeah but its still hard to argue either way,

MakotoS13
08-05-2005, 04:32 PM
whcih is why i said the bet is rendered void. both sides left it way too general.

hellion240sx
08-08-2005, 12:39 PM
LOL this is a great read. heads i win tails you lose. genious!!!!! LOL

thanks i needed that

Drunk Bastard
08-09-2005, 05:12 AM
thread ender:

you WILL die from lack of air in the lungs.

undercoverdjay
08-09-2005, 10:16 AM
Yes, it's called an Embolism:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embolism

also try the following, wikipedia is great.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_punch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Houdini

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angry_dragon_%28sex_move%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_Sanchez

and last but not least, my personal favorite

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_steamer