PDA

View Full Version : Video Im making

johngriff
07-28-2005, 01:40 AM
I just kinda started fing around with this, tell me what you think, critisim is welcomed, the video quality on the original is much better, and the audio is messed up cause i used MP3's instead of the CD files, expect for this to be fixed.

Video!! (http://www.rpsport.net/NIN_Cars.wmv)

But, its still very unfinished, what should the s13 chasing the FC and dautsun do? where should they go? Im gonna shoot more footage this weekend so give me some ideas!!

Thanks
John Griff

chlatboy
07-28-2005, 01:58 AM
I was hoping they were gonna touge but i was wrong. Also, i think you should cut down on the video footage of the car being primered. Less primering, more touge. Having them touge downhill would be pretty cool.

johngriff
07-28-2005, 02:08 AM
ty

we got kicked off the mountain by some very cool sheriff's, the neibors got pissed that we were tape-ing, but we really wernt going to fast, my camera is just huge canon xl2 (http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=165&modelid=10350) and i think they were sick of me standing up on the hills.
\
But i ordered a headrest mount, but im gonna have to use a smaller camera, cause the xl2 is too big. But where would you like to see it go. It'll be longer, the primer scene is to represent the transformation of this dautsun, it just got a ka swap, and then it got hit, so we were like F the bitch, time for bbq paint.

Thats Steve rpsport btw with his asscrack out...

lol

and im john.. not seen.

??

mrmephistopheles
07-28-2005, 02:30 AM
the whole lack of audio thing was annoying.
And I got bored after watching more than 10 seconds of the car being primered.
That, and you REALLY need some sort of steadicam mount. Even if it's the $8 homemade one. That shakey shit was bananas.

Oh and you need to send that XL2 to me.
Pronto.
I'll send you a bubble shift knob.

TheSnail
07-28-2005, 02:42 AM
HAHAHA ! ! ! Looks like typical morning rush hour here in Atlanta. Go over the speed limit next time.

420sx
07-28-2005, 09:42 AM
you need to adjust the volume signal on your audio. music is way distorted

exitspeed
07-28-2005, 09:51 AM
I couldn't get past the rattle canning of the car part. Too long.

Mervyn
07-28-2005, 10:04 AM
put a shorter version of the priming part [dude, his ass was showing] and more drift racing! :)

steve shadows
07-28-2005, 10:15 AM
yeah John took way too much footage of my ass. :wackit:

It was too hot up there, Cut out about half of my ass priming that smashed datsun and it would be way hot. Good start though.

We were going pretty quick around the turns, Its kind of an illusion. I only got one decent pass by the camera at a decent egress because there was too much freakin traffic.

This is just a "twiddle dee" teaser though. John told me it was an extremly low resolution sample and that he just wanted to post something to get a general taste of constructive critism, not *my driftzzzrrszz rrrsss cokkzz is bigzzzer than yoursz paownszed.* haha :bowdown: :keke:

I am sure we can get you guys some more film. :

For all the skeptics, the real racing was not on the tape. The real down hill with 300 ft drops and one false move and your dead not on the tape. yet...

johngriff
07-28-2005, 10:52 AM
yeah, if there is a lack of audio (silence?) it's on you're end, the sound is distorted because i did the final cut mix in 48khz and the mp3 is like 12 or somthing? Basically the music tracks are from MP3 and they cut and distort lows when you compress, I need to get the originals off the CD, and do the audio mix in pro-tools instead of final cut.

As well, MRmestophollies, No even though you are a mobsterator you cant have my xl2, i sold one my red car for that thing.. lol

Yeah, i guess the primer thing was like cool to me caue it meant somthing, but from a random viewer perspective it makes no sense.. it'll be gone.

Steadicam, the in car was a fluke that got shot, just because the cam was on, steve picked me up from one of the corners i was shooting on, and i just left it running while we went back up the hill. Like i said i already ordered a in car mount, so, there will be lots of cool, and vivid in car shots.

Go faster? hells yeah, steve is ok, but the guy with the fc and datsun were runnign like WAAAY too slow, I told them they didnt have to go too fast, but i think they got scared when they got to the hill....

Maybe i'll do all the stunt driving with steve when it comes to this weekend.

Ok, big thing is, where do you want to see the video go, should the s13 smoke these guys? where should they race? mountain, coast, city streets? 3 way drag race (no steve i wont do this).... :fawkd:

Expect quality issues to be resolved, I shrank the file from 600mg raw to 13 mgs withought paying any attention to the settings on the compressor.

Plus, this is shot in widescreen, i dont know why it went back to 4:3..

comments??