PDA

View Full Version : Got up close to a Ford GT today.

IGSDann
07-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Well, I was driving to my girlfriends house today and along the way passed by a Ford dealership. I saw a big carrier unloading a car, driving by I got a glimpse at those two distinctive taillights. It was a Ford GT. Freaking out a little, I turned around and pulled into the dealership and observed as they slowly took it down from the 2 level carrier and down on the pavement. It was black stripes on bright yellow. Absolutely fucking gorgeous. Looking down on the engine bay, the big brakes, the sheen interior. Just another car that inspires me to get into the automotive design business... Anyone else get to see one up close?

IGSDann
07-25-2005, 11:19 PM
Awwww Fuck I posted in the wrong forum... That's embarassing. Can a mod please move this for me? Many appologies. Now I feel like a fuckin troll.

kandyflip445
07-25-2005, 11:30 PM
I saw one in Charlotte, NC. It was at a auto museum for awhile. There was a NASCAR race down the road that weekend at Lowes Motor Speedway. Beautiful car. I almost creamed my pants when I first saw it. Every time it even started to look like it would rain they would move it inside. lol

Phlip
07-25-2005, 11:33 PM
Did either of you approch the car from behind and hump it until you excreted bodily fluid on it?

kandyflip445
07-25-2005, 11:38 PM
I would have but there were some highway patrol around to help with traffic. Didn't get a chance. lol

Sil Beer S13
07-25-2005, 11:38 PM
to much for a ford

pignosecoupe
07-26-2005, 01:40 AM
to much for a ford
Amen!!

1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

m0rex
07-26-2005, 01:57 AM
Heard they suck.

kandyflip445
07-26-2005, 02:08 AM
Why? Because of the alarm thing?

The car is very nice. Take away the price and look at the car. And the name. It's not like any of us could afford one in the first place, so why hate it because of that? It's a beautiful car and it performs too.

I actually don't like Fords either. I had a Taurus that would always break.

codyace
07-26-2005, 02:11 AM
I guess if sucking means out performing Modenas for less money??

Alcohol
07-26-2005, 02:21 AM
I've seen one at the local caddy/bently/ferrari/rolls/lotus dealership.......

Pretty damn sick looking, I got to sit in it. I can't say I loved the interior look though. They don't leave that bitch sitting outside overnight so I watched the salesman get in and drive it inside...the supercharger whining just a bit made me drool.

But on the other hand, it's a ford. :-\ And five minutes after they were released, there was allready a major recall. heh.

The f40 I saw there not too long ago made my jaw drop. It looks so unbelievably sexy in real life.

nismo2491
07-26-2005, 03:07 AM
not today but about a week ago I got to sit in one and drive it.....

<---- internet sales manager for a Ford Dealer.. I was the "lucky" one that got to put ours in the showroom after the owner drove it to a carshow. Lets just say I didn't particularly liking the responsibility of squezzing a car, through the showroom doors, that costs more than I make in a year....

tomenugen
07-26-2005, 03:24 AM
ford cheaped out on the gt and there have been several recalls. also, the gas mileage is something like 10mpg or less. also, that door is not practical at all. besides all of that, this is that car.

Alcohol
07-26-2005, 03:27 AM
ford cheaped out on the gt and there have been several recalls. also, the gas mileage is something like 10mpg or less. also, that door is not practical at all. besides all of that, this is that car.

Who gives a shit about gas mileage on a supercar?

Jeremy (or whatever the old guy's name is) from top gear bought one......hehehehehe......it was funny him telling about all the damn problems it was having including it breaking down on the drive home from the dealership and it's inability to go five minutes without breaking something else.

lucky7
07-26-2005, 05:29 AM
i see them quite frequently here in michigan. alot of times parallel parked in town. for a ford, the interior is effing sweet.

nlzmo400r
07-26-2005, 06:24 AM
ive see one up close at a ford dealership, gorgeous car. Today I also stumbled upon a ferrari shop around here, and got to touch a black F50, now THAT was an amazing looking car

junkilo
07-26-2005, 01:09 PM
Heard they suck.

I've driven the new GT thanks to a trusting friend of mine. Considering what target audience they are designed for they do well. Quick n' torqey, heavy, and a decent suspension setup (stiffer than I recall on other mustangs). They do around a high 13-14 second quarter. I like the retro look of them.

my dislikes of the mustang? they suck lots of gas, its a big car, interior doesnt really excite me.

JaeTea
07-26-2005, 01:19 PM
my dislikes of the mustang? they suck lots of gas, its a big car, interior doesnt really excite me.

I think we are talking about the Ford GT.

MakotoS13
07-26-2005, 01:26 PM
this retard thinks we're talkina bout a fuggin mustang.

ford GT... not ford mustang GT....

hendogg8
07-26-2005, 01:30 PM
I think the original topic is the Ford GT, the supercar that retro's the old Ford GT40

Var
07-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Deja Vu anyone? i swear this happened in some other thread a couple months ago.(guy thought we were talking about a mustang)

Var
07-26-2005, 03:43 PM
Yes indeed. In fact it was the same retard

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=84276&highlight=ford

JaeTea
07-26-2005, 04:16 PM
Yes indeed. In fact it was the same retard

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=84276&highlight=ford

:keke: :keke:

matlock
07-26-2005, 05:01 PM
I was visiting out here in Flagstaff a while back before I moved here and my girlfriend and I were driving back to her house and we glanced and saw a car driving into a parking lot and she was like was that a Ferrari? I said I thought it was a GT so then we kept driving and another one was oncoming and it passed us so she turned around and followed it into the hotel lot as well and we ended up talking to the 2 owners (like 25 years old) for a while and they showed us the cars. I think they are hot but I don't know if I would ever want one.

IGSDann
07-26-2005, 06:31 PM
Yeah there was another thread like this with the same guy talking about the Mustang... God. Anyways, the Ford GT is a good car, it did have some problems and Clarkson's problems were due to some retarded aftermarket security + unexperienced maintenence. It's still beautiful, handles great and with 550 hp, how can you complain?

zero.counter
07-26-2005, 06:44 PM
I passed by a Ford GT and thought about how much trouble I would be in if I got into an accident with one. ;)

mellojoe
07-26-2005, 10:53 PM
There's a guy here in town with one. yes, Arkansas. I think its a Tyson or someone. (Yes, Tyson the chicken people.) In the too-much-money-not-enough-brains kind of thing.... you know.

Anyway, it blew me away at how SHORT that car is. I think it comes up to my big toe.

But, pretty badass car. The new Mustang GT500 is supposed to use a tuned down version of the same engine.... producing over 400hp, probably 450hp, compared to the 550hp in the GT.

I'd drive one. Drive the hell out of it. And probably kill myself in the process. But I'd have a HUGE grin. :D

iwishiwas-all*
07-26-2005, 11:09 PM
ha i have gone for a ride in one, and my dad, who is a automotive photographer, got to drive it at fords test track hitting 165 mph around there test oval, with the ford test driver in the passenger seat . I thikn he got 4 laps, somewere i got a tape of my dad driving and the test driver calling out the speed to him 140- 145 155 on and on until he told him to back off hahah,

Alcohol
07-26-2005, 11:32 PM
The new Mustang GT500 is supposed to use a tuned down version of the same engine.... producing over 400hp, probably 450hp, compared to the 550hp in the GT.

Umm.....they took the engine out of a lightning or a new cobra or something, and tuned it up a bit. it's nothing special in there...like you'd come to expect with a supercar anyway.

Phlip
07-26-2005, 11:35 PM
I've driven the new GT thanks to a trusting friend of mine. Considering what target audience they are designed for they do well. Quick n' torqey, heavy, and a decent suspension setup (stiffer than I recall on other mustangs). They do around a high 13-14 second quarter. I like the retro look of them.

Are you drunk, high, inbred or some other plain ol form of retarded? No one in this thread was talking about a Mustang, are you aware of that?

Phlip
07-26-2005, 11:36 PM
I passed by a Ford GT and thought about how much trouble I would be in if I got into an accident with one. ;)
*waits patiently to see one on wreckedexotics*

lucky7
07-26-2005, 11:40 PM
Are you drunk, high, inbred or some other plain ol form of retarded? No one in this thread was talking about a Mustang, are you aware of that?

here, have somemore hateraide. why so tense??

the GT is a hell of a car. for the price even. there are a suprising amount of them roaming around here where i live. the interior is very good looking for a ford. to add to the MUSTANG GT500 post. my cousin is an engineer over at ford. magazines claim around 475 ponies out of the de-tuned GT 5.4 sc engine. but realistically, it will have around 500. W00T for ford, my dad is planning on buying the new gt500.

nismo2491
07-27-2005, 12:19 AM
from the rumors around town from ford reps and such the gt500 is going to kind of be a crossbred between the Ford GT and the SVT Cobra motors. Whereas the GT has certain things like the dry sump and such the mustang won't get it, but the cobra didn't have, say, the upgraded crank (IIRC its a navigator 5.4L crankshaft they ended up using...) and the gt500 will get the crank. so you can look at it either way. detuned GT motor, or tuned up Cobra motor. also remember a lot of the 2003/2004 cobra guys are dyning 387-395hp at the wheels, so the 390hp rating was underated, supposedly. Those motors are thought to actually produce closer to 420 or so at the flywheel...

IGSDann
07-27-2005, 10:02 AM
Viper killer? Me thinks yes. That Mustang looks uber-badass... I can hardly believe they are producing it. I just hope they do the same with the new Shelby Cobra and the GR1 (both hot as hell).

sl3mike
07-28-2005, 02:51 AM
I was out at california speed way on DD 26 i was on the high speed course then i pull off to the pits to check my tires and i hear this american muscle car sounding beast and i look out to the track and gushi's mustang is on the high speed course idono about you guys but thats one mean pony. im not a domestic guy my self but that car just changed my views on american muscle. the sound, tire smoke, and smell of gas was frikin awsome but i still wouldnt buy that car just a cool pony i saw.

Mike