PDA

View Full Version : motorcycle accident at 280km/h

FinSX
07-12-2005, 06:38 AM
Not sure if these have allready been here, at least I cound't find 'em when i searched.

Pics show pretty clearly what happens when you crash your bike at 280km/h and hit a couple of trees

Truly shocking pictures, dont look if you have a weak stomach.

http://seat-klub.cz/forum//viewtopic.php?t=559url

I'll never buy a motorcycle, thats for sure!

S14Speed997
07-12-2005, 09:19 AM
OMG....... :bite:

i WAS going to eat lunch lol

420sx
07-12-2005, 10:41 AM
damn dude.... looks like lasangna...... what an idiot. i wander how it happened

nlzmo400r
07-13-2005, 06:18 PM
god that was graphic

*NismoS13*
07-13-2005, 06:45 PM
Just goes to show how fragile the human body actually is...

-Adam

sr240mike
07-13-2005, 07:33 PM
he got tore the fuck up.

Drunk Bastard
07-13-2005, 08:22 PM
damn dude.... looks like lasangna...... what an idiot. i wander how it happened

what makes him an idiot? riding a motorcycle? please elaborate what makes this certain person an idiot, please.

zenki240sx
07-13-2005, 08:30 PM
WOW...that sucks

m0rex
07-13-2005, 08:37 PM
How fast is 280km/h? Dont know on just the top of my head. Looks pretty messed up but i've seen worse. I wonder what happen though.?

Jonnie Fraz
07-13-2005, 08:50 PM
what makes him an idiot? riding a motorcycle? please elaborate what makes this certain person an idiot, please.
Maybe the fact that he was going 280Kmh and seemed to be over matched for his motorcycle, or maybe the fact that there is a dozen pieces of him laying by the side of the road. I think we can use past tense when talking about this guy. Like "This guy was an idiot".

docrice
07-13-2005, 09:52 PM
i think that's about 170-180mph, iirc...at that speed anyone is an idiot, you hit a piece of gravel or catch a gust of wind and its game over.

my dad just had a wreck on his bike, hit a dumptruck that cut him off head on... he was doing ~20 on impact and the truck was going about 10-15, he broke six ribs and 2 fingers and screwed the bike up more than a little bit. now multiply that by 6 to get the figure that guy was going...if he had hit a large object he would have just exploded, but hitting a bunch of trees ripped him apart instead. Lucky for him he probably didn't even know he was losing control by the time he was dead.

Here's what irks me: if you look closely at the pics, there are 2 different pairs of shoes...a set of riding boots to go with his gear, and a pair of sneakers....was there a passenger on the bike, or (hopefully) was he just carrying a change of clothes? Something to think about...

MakotoS13
07-13-2005, 10:14 PM
A- why i dont own a motorcycle
B- people that die because of their own fault really can't be viewed as tragedy since they did indeed choose that path.

this is why you do that crap on a track :(

FinSX
07-13-2005, 10:48 PM
i think that's about 170-180mph, iirc...at that speed anyone is an idiot, you hit a piece of gravel or catch a gust of wind and its game over.

Here's what irks me: if you look closely at the pics, there are 2 different pairs of shoes...a set of riding boots to go with his gear, and a pair of sneakers....was there a passenger on the bike, or (hopefully) was he just carrying a change of clothes? Something to think about...

Yes, that's correct, 1 mph is about 1.6 km/h.

The mystery of those other shoes has been talked about in many forums, but I think the best guess is he propably just had another pair of shoes, 'cos bike boots aren't so nice to walk.

420sx
07-14-2005, 12:52 AM
Maybe the fact that he was going 280Kmh and seemed to be over matched for his motorcycle, or maybe the fact that there is a dozen pieces of him laying by the side of the road. I think we can use past tense when talking about this guy. Like "This guy was an idiot".

bingo! thank you. :hsdance: yes he "was"

Drunk Bastard
07-14-2005, 02:18 AM
B- people that die because of their own fault really can't be viewed as tragedy since they did indeed choose that path(

what if some car pulled in front of them and they had no choice but to swerve and crash into a fence post or something...? would they still be at fault for riding a motorcycle?

makoto, answer me this: if in traffic, would you open your door to stop a motorcyclist that was riding in the lane next to you? or would you move over for the biker making his way through traffic?

kandyflip445
07-14-2005, 04:33 AM
That's not even a good arguement. He was saying that he chose to speed and that's what he got. There are speed limits on public roads for a reason.

420sx
07-14-2005, 10:00 AM
what if some car pulled in front of them and they had no choice but to swerve and crash into a fence post or something...? would they still be at fault for riding a motorcycle?

no but the dumbshit was riding 280 kmh. i got NO pity for him. you do this at your own risk :ghey:

FinSX
07-14-2005, 03:06 PM
hmm, I'd like to know what kind of bike that was, but you can't really tell from the wreck. Propably some kind of a really fast superstreet bike.

Btw, this guy at my work is a real bike nut. He recently bought a Honda CBR 1000RR. That IS a fast bike! He has lots of other toys too..

theicecreamdan
07-14-2005, 03:45 PM
This guy that hangs out at my dad's bar has a cbr1000rr god damn its fast.

And yes, there is a big difference between accidents that happen to bikers because people in cars are stupid shits, and there are people on bikes that are stupid shits.

vinhisbored
07-14-2005, 06:44 PM
I think it's sorta stupid for (some) to be bashing away at this.. what about people that wangan on the freeways, and go like 140mph+? If something goes wrong.. like a tire blows, good luck. I'd never go that fast because I'm a little girl, and I get scared.. hahaha but yeah. Maybe he went for the rush.. what about those people out there that have turbo cars blahblahbalha... I'm sure alot of you guy's did over 100mph already, because you like the feel.. it excites you.

Oh yeah and to whoever said that there are speed limits for a reason. I thought that was a stupid comment because I'm damn sure you go over it. Okay enough said from me.. those were disturbing pictures though.

FinSX
07-15-2005, 03:37 AM
I think it's sorta stupid for (some) to be bashing away at this.. what about people that wangan on the freeways, and go like 140mph+? If something goes wrong.. like a tire blows, good luck. I'd never go that fast because I'm a little girl, and I get scared.. hahaha but yeah. Maybe he went for the rush.. what about those people out there that have turbo cars blahblahbalha... I'm sure alot of you guy's did over 100mph already, because you like the feel.. it excites you.

Oh yeah and to whoever said that there are speed limits for a reason. I thought that was a stupid comment because I'm damn sure you go over it. Okay enough said from me.. those were disturbing pictures though.

Hah, that reminds me from that day when I went to pick up my car from customs after I had imported it from Germany. Never driven a turbo car before, totally strange car to me and I had no clue whatsoever if the car was even in condition to drive fast. Still I had to test how it flied, went 240km/h (150mph) on the freeway. As the speed limit on freeways in Finland is only 120km/h (75mph), it looked just liked other people on the road were reversing towards you! Mad speed! I was lucky not to run into any cops that day... I admit that it was stupid of me to drive that fast.

100mph is not that fast, I drive that almost every time I overtake someone on open road.

Shin_Kudo
07-15-2005, 01:55 PM
Wangan stuff, while I'm not condoning it, is a little different. The guys who are doing the 300km-up stuff are driving fully prepared cars, full cages, harnesses, the works. Even in a crash at those speeds, they're much more likely to survive.

Wei240
07-15-2005, 02:29 PM
didn't click on the link,
but i can imagine...

going that speed on a bike is nuts...

wootwoot
07-15-2005, 09:15 PM
Where is Eric at? He just bought a motorcycle and needs to look at this....

240silvia
07-15-2005, 10:25 PM
My god ppl, all of you, stop being such a little bitch! He killed himself! NOT the bike. I've had a bike for 2 years, NEVER dropped it, not one time. You act stupid, and you'll get hurt; you don't, like me, and you will still be here.

FinSX
07-19-2005, 02:55 AM
another link for similiar accident in Sweden:

"The Honda rider was traveling at "very high speed" and did not see the
Golf Car. Swedish police estimate a speed of 250 KM/h when he hit the
car. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the
car.
This demonstration was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle fair by the
Swedish Police and Road safety department.
The Volkswagen flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet
from where the collision took place. All three involved (two in car and
rider)were killed instantly. The MC-rider had a new license."

http://www.redlightarea.com/area/gallery/sfw/accident/motorcycle_accident.htm

no gore in these pictures, they're all cleaned up.

smellslikecurry
07-19-2005, 06:31 AM
how do you not see a bright red car...the only thing i can imagine him doing was run an intersection and crash into the car...pretty sure that dude got decapitated

MakotoS13
07-19-2005, 08:43 AM
makoto, answer me this: if in traffic, would you open your door to stop a motorcyclist that was riding in the lane next to you? or would you move over for the biker making his way through traffic?

no and no.

you gotta pay to play. going that fast on BIKE is dumber than goin that fast in a car on the street.

chlatboy
07-19-2005, 12:41 PM

The difference is in the vehicle driven! I would rather have an accident in a car than an accident on a bike!

Secretsquirrel
07-19-2005, 02:09 PM
damn...thats fucked the hell up

SS