PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Alignment Shops?

wingsnthangs
07-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Can anyone recommend a good alignment shop in SD?

Thanks.

radhaz
07-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Since I lowered my car, I've found a lot of run of the mill shops will turn you away. On a recommendation I went to the Sears Garage at UTC and they were willing to align my car with my requested camber specs once I signed their sheet acknowledging that my car wasn't going to be aligned to factory spec. Ive gone back twice since then and each time I had no problems.

I'm going to go to Trueline (http://www.truelinewheel.com/) for my next alignment though, I've had three friends highly recommend the shop for custom alignments. Maybe I'll post up the results when do go.

sdtouge
07-10-2005, 06:06 PM
dual tone in pacific beach is where i go. 49 99 for 4 wheel alignment and you can ask for differnet specs too

revat619
07-12-2005, 02:26 AM
+1 for Trueline! I went to the one in Kearny Mesa/Clairemont. Those guys did a great job! I'll be going there again shortly. :bow:

grudge
07-26-2005, 10:23 AM
clarence brown in kerny mesa. behind the pacific honda service center. they will do your sht right! :rawk:

radhaz
07-26-2005, 06:24 PM
I went to trueline last week, it was not the cheapest but it was the most spot on alignment with no hassles whatsoever. They asked me what I wanted my settings to be and after taking the spec's they set forth to dial them all in. I will probably continue to use trueline in the future, it seems to be the best bang for my buck.

wingsnthangs
08-20-2005, 07:51 PM
I went to TrueLine yesterday, paid a shitload cuz my camber had crazy problems and just wanted it to get fixed. They have a pretty large air-conditioned waiting room. Employees are nice there. And the Kearny Mesa location closes at 5pm, not 5:30pm as stated on their website.

My alignment is definitely better, but it seems like it may be slightly pulling to the left. Then again, it might just be San Diego's shitty ass pothole-riddled roads. I'll drive it some more, maybe take it back on Monday if I have time.

EDIT: I also heard of Clarence Brown and called them. They quoted me something like $70 for a two-wheel alignment (91 240SX, lowered 1"). You also have to make an appointment, so I just went to TrueLine. Here's the info for Clarence Brown:

Clarence Brown
7747 Vickers St
San Diego, CA 92111
Phone: (858) 565-2981