PDA

View Full Version : Ford GT review

RiversideS13
07-05-2005, 02:40 PM
I hope this is not repost, if so, i am sorry

This is a review from the editior of the top gear and it is very funny that worth to read it.

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12529-1677058,00.html

ThatGuy
07-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Wow! Why not just have them remove the alarm and install one of your own? Don't really know if the car is worth it though, considering the size problems he was having. Maybe Ford shouldn't have tried to make it bigger. :-/

citizen
07-05-2005, 02:56 PM
Fix
Or
Repair
Daily

sr240mike
07-05-2005, 03:38 PM
The size problem's were that it was too big. The original gt40's are a tight fit though. Stupid alarm system ruined everything for him.

lucky7
07-05-2005, 03:51 PM
The size problem's were that it was too big. The original gt40's are a tight fit though. Stupid alarm system ruined everything for him.

yeah, origionals were called the gt40 due to a 40" roofline. short fuckers. this guy is funny to listen to, but when it comes to all american cars, he turns into a hateful british man. :fawk2: . yeah yeah yeah, our cars arent "great" here. BUT, give him an F350 superduty diesel. compair that shit with whatever he has over in england in the same catergory. i just recently watched a video of him tearing apart a CTS-V. it was cheap and low quality. standard american traits. although he loved the balls out acceleration. i dunno. i think im sick.. [/rant]

zenkiDori
07-05-2005, 05:34 PM
this guy is funny to listen to, but when it comes to all american cars, he turns into a hateful british man.
not really. he's usually just being funny. he's given the mustang, the GTO, the viper(rt-13461060510whatever), and the C6 vette good reviews. he also loves the focus and thinks well of the mondeo.

american cars do have really shitty interiors, and caddys aren't that great luxo-barges compared to european luxuries.

nistech
07-05-2005, 08:34 PM
i hate ford it is a mustake

mrmephistopheles
07-05-2005, 09:23 PM
I'd say that was a fair, objective review.
I wouldn't want a car that gave me trouble like that, especially when it keeps coming back broken from factory service.

nismo2491
07-05-2005, 09:39 PM
bear in mind I'm a ford salesman.....
the immobiliser he refers to is an aftermarket accessory that is not part of the original vehicle so that's not ford's problem, sorry buddy.... his entire problems stem from what is a ford authorized company, but is by no means a ford product and the immobiliser calling him and such is completely seperate from any for entity....
KEvin

DrtyRat
07-05-2005, 11:12 PM
bear in mind I'm a ford salesman.....
the immobiliser he refers to is an aftermarket accessory that is not part of the original vehicle so that's not ford's problem, sorry buddy.... his entire problems stem from what is a ford authorized company, but is by no means a ford product and the immobiliser calling him and such is completely seperate from any for entity....
KEvin
here's the issue w/that...a company gives their public approval/and or a contract to another company to preform some type of work or service for them. This approved company begins to have problems w/their product, and guess what happens next? The cust will automatically associate that problem w/the company that he spends his money with, and in this case it was a substantial amount. So he figures 'who cares if it's not ford's product, if they back them up then they should've had a better idea of how the product would preform, and if they didn't then, they either didn't do their homework or they just didn't care at all'. Either way it's their problem...happens all the time in all aspects of business.

kandyflip445
07-05-2005, 11:38 PM
At least we don't have to do 3-point turns in a roundabout. :rofl:

Sucks that he returned it because of the alarm system. I'd just have them put a different system in. It would kind of ruin it to have your wife call it "the fucking car" if you've been dreaming of it since childhood, kinda like a swift kick to the balls.

Inland180
07-06-2005, 12:41 AM
its just all about the nissan GTR!!

junkilo
07-06-2005, 09:29 AM
At least we don't have to do 3-point turns in a roundabout.
lol. I drove the new GT stang the other day. Although not terribly quick for 300 ponies, it isn't a bad package for those looking for a bit of displacement and fun. I can't speak on their reliability though. It was fun to drive, the suspension wasn't as mushy as I was expecting, but I didn't get to really throw some real turns at it to see how it did.

kandyflip445
07-06-2005, 02:48 PM
You know they're talking about the Ford GT not a Mustang GT right?

zenkiDori
07-06-2005, 11:15 PM
mustang GT:
http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/05/mustanggt05_01_1024.jpg

Ford GT:
http://www.discountpartcenter.com/photos/09-09-03-01-Ford-GT.jpg
the last one is the one we're talking about.

420sx
07-06-2005, 11:26 PM
i still think its one sexy car. now remove the alarm crap and its ready to roll son. no bullshit

nismo2491
07-07-2005, 12:57 AM
here's the issue w/that...a company gives their public approval/and or a contract to another company to preform some type of work or service for them. This approved company begins to have problems w/their product, and guess what happens next? The cust will automatically associate that problem w/the company that he spends his money with, and in this case it was a substantial amount. So he figures 'who cares if it's not ford's product, if they back them up then they should've had a better idea of how the product would preform, and if they didn't then, they either didn't do their homework or they just didn't care at all'. Either way it's their problem...happens all the time in all aspects of business.
not really... ford's not nescessarily endorsing this company, just saying that installing their parts won't void the warranty. If I use an aftermarket company to put a cloth roof on a 500 (like how caddy's and shit have) and the cloth fades in a month you're not going to blame ford are you.....
gm, ford, chrysler, mitsu, everybody authorizes immobiliser to be installed and many dealers install it w/o asking the customer if they want it... then they charge the customer either for the controller or don't charge at all and just bypass the system...

lucky7
07-07-2005, 07:27 AM
im sure that immobiliser shit was installed here, and then the car was shipped over there. sure the ford techs arent 100% pro's with the other companies equipment. they did there best with the situation and time they had. remember, the car was there to be tested. they prolly said, "get your british ass in there and drive the thing. if someone starts talking to you, just tell them to fak off." seriously. take the security system with a grain of salt. how did the car drive? i would take a GT with no questions asked. EFF your ferrari F430. park it in a garage, dont drive it. it will be worth half a million + in ten years at the most. the car is badass, thats all to be said.

nismo2491
07-08-2005, 01:52 AM
im sure that immobiliser shit was installed here, and then the car was shipped over there. sure the ford techs arent 100% pro's with the other companies equipment. they did there best with the situation and time they had. remember, the car was there to be tested. they prolly said, "get your british ass in there and drive the thing. if someone starts talking to you, just tell them to fak off." seriously. take the security system with a grain of salt. how did the car drive? i would take a GT with no questions asked. EFF your ferrari F430. park it in a garage, dont drive it. it will be worth half a million + in ten years at the most. the car is badass, thats all to be said.
you are probably right about it installed here but I seriously doubt a ford factory tech did it, most likely an outside company installed it or a dealership employee....

and it wasn't sent over to be reviewed, the guy purchased the car for himself because he's always wanted a gt but couldn't fit in the original gt40....

TheSnail
07-08-2005, 02:55 PM
The only Fords I would get (if I had money out the ass) would be a RS200, Original gt-40, then any of the the Cosworth street car breed. And in that order. The new GT-40 is not worth 180k. It will decline in value big time unlike the other cars I've listed.