PDA

View Full Version : F/S 96' s14 chicagoland area

Farbs
06-24-2005, 12:11 PM
Hey fellas,
Well I really need to sell my car, the time has come. My parents want me to buy something newer with AWD so, the old FR is going to have to go. To start it off, the car is a pearl white 1996 240sx, 5spd manual. The exterior is in exellent condition, there are no dents and there has never been any accidents. Only things with the exterior is minor tiny paint chips up front from the highway. The interior is in prime condition as well, its the dark charcoal color cloth, there are no tears or rips in any of the seats or cloth anywhere inside. The car has had no smokers, so there aren't any ciggerette burns or anything like that either. The motor has over 100k miles, coming in at around 107k and still pulls strong like a champ. Just like the motor, the tranny is still in great shape, along with the clutch which shows no sign of slipping and still feels strong. It is a SE trim, so it comes with the fog lights and also the 5 lug wheels, which are in good condition. The tires are firestone and still have suffucient tread and don't need to be replaced for awhile. I have treated this car like my baby and she really looks fantasic all around, I always receive comments on how clean it looks.
Onto the slight modifications. On the motor there isn't anything done except a K/N filter. I spent some time on the suspension. When I bought the car the stock struts were shot so I replaced them with Tanabe coilovers. The look, feel, and overall handling improved greatly. The car has limited body roll and is very tight when driving. I put in new rear subframe spacers that replaced the crappy old ones and over all stiffened the rear end. As far as the differential, the car came with none. I purchased a j30 LSD and installed it myself and the outcome was a better reaction in turns and overall handling. Most importantly what I did was the 300z brake conversion up front. I have slotted and drilled rotors and the z calipers with racing pads.
Overall This car is in awesome condition for its age and I'd like to see it go to an owner as appriciative as me. I thought i would mention for the year that I owned the car I had been in college and the car was not driven much except at times to be started and driven around the block by my father.
I'm asking $6500 and I'm located in glenview IL. My phone number is (847) 331 6609 and you can repost or email me at [email protected] with any questions
Thanks,
Scott
PS if you want more pics email me

Farbs
06-25-2005, 01:49 PM
bump12321321

Farbs
07-01-2005, 10:39 AM
bump1234567

Farbs
07-01-2005, 05:21 PM
new pics if anyone is curious/interested
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/546859/4

joewantstodrift
07-02-2005, 10:22 AM
its a clean car but i think youre asking too much. i bought a 96 SE with 101k on the chassis and 30k on the redtop sr for 6000. i live in champaign illinois and id be really interested if you came down on that price a bit. let me know please. thanks,

Joe

Farbs
07-02-2005, 01:12 PM
joe I'll let you know if I still have it, I've gotten a few offers for 5000 and one for 6000

NARA
07-02-2005, 04:22 PM
i can give you 5k tomorrow and come get it if you want to sell it right away. i really like the car and im kinda in need of a 240 right now. let me know as soon as possible. thanks Farbs,

Joe

NARA
07-02-2005, 04:23 PM
sorry, forgot i was on my girlfriends screen name.

Farbs
07-03-2005, 05:10 PM
car sold for 5750$ sorry guys

joewantstodrift
07-03-2005, 06:44 PM
damnit...........