PDA

View Full Version : I can't sleep!

morpheus8486
06-22-2005, 03:33 AM
Its 4:30 in the morning right now and I have to be up at 8. I've been trying to sleep for like the past hour and a half and its going nowhere. This has been going on for like the past week and it fucking sucks! Anyone know of any tricks to getting to sleep besides pills?

kandyflip445
06-22-2005, 03:44 AM
A .45 :rofl:

Um. Get really drunk then you'll pass out. Or you could exercise a LOT during the day and be worn out. Or you could eat turkey and drink milk to get you a little more sleepy. Other than that I dunno.

Ricer240sx
06-22-2005, 04:07 AM
hahaha, i couldnt sleep either! so i went out, its now 5 am and i work at 6!! whoot whoot! itll be a loong day hahahahaha

m0rex
06-22-2005, 04:13 AM
How about you just go and buy sleeping pills. I was going to do that but i dont sleep much and dont have shit to do when i wake up.

JtWo
06-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Or drink ALOT of caffine about an hour and a half before you sleep so once the caffine kicks in, you still have tiem to tired yourself out. I have ADHD and caffine just makes me sleepy :-\

tew photy
06-22-2005, 12:22 PM
since when does caffeine kicking in make you sleepy? one thing you could try doing is buying pills that increase your melantonin. these pills are all natural supplements so you don't have to worry about getting strung out haha. they work well in giving you a good nights sleep. plus, they are cheap!

http://www.melatonin.com/melatonin-faq.htm
http://www.worldwidelabs.com/prod_melat.htm

good luck

TheSnail
06-22-2005, 12:26 PM
Know you know why I drink like a mad man. Its great. But I cant stop. I need to. I normaly go to sleep at 6am. but the days I have a class at 8am, I work with my scedual and go to sleep at 5am. I end up stumbling to my 8am class still drunk, but its not the fun kind of drunk anymore, its the "I feel like a dog's ass someone shoot me" kind of drunk. I wish I could stop, but it just taste's so good :yum:

Andrew Bohan
06-22-2005, 12:40 PM
how ironic that a guy who calls himself morpheus can't sleep

clean
06-22-2005, 12:50 PM
just jerk off till you eventually pass out. after rubbin' 3 out in a row i'm pretty winded. sometimes i just think how my life lacks forward momentum and that thought alone puts me into a deep depresive mood and all i can do after that is sleep. peace

citizen
06-22-2005, 01:23 PM
first of all, get off you're freaking computer, turn off the lights, and don't read. If you keep yourself occupied then you will keep yourself awake. Stop any activities with bright lights about an hour or two before you want to go to bed. Try taking a light sleep pill like Tylenol PM. For added effect, down a 6 pack ^^

bp057
06-22-2005, 02:07 PM
Couple tokes and some chill music, out like a light. Add a shot of jack just for good measure.

zanos
06-22-2005, 02:40 PM
lay on the couch,watch TV,and drink beer.That always makes me sleepy.

sr240mike
06-22-2005, 06:02 PM
At times like that, I say fuck it, im not sleeping, lets get the day started

91CRXsiR
06-22-2005, 07:05 PM
i usually have the same problem... what i did yesterday was watch some RAW anime [unsubbed] and since i dont understand japanese .. put me right out.. haha

zenkiDori
06-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Its 4:30 in the morning right now and I have to be up at 8. I've been trying to sleep for like the past hour and a half and its going nowhere. This has been going on for like the past week and it fucking sucks! Anyone know of any tricks to getting to sleep besides pills?
welcome to the club. i've had on off battles with insomnia for years. a few things that work for me are:

alcohol. i don't recommend it.
excercise. do pushups and situps untill you collapse.
lay in bed and count your breaths, but never go above 9. this is a meditation technique, it helps you focus on something other than the millions of thoughts wizzing thru your head all at one time which are a major cause of insomnia.
listend to mellow music without any words. nothing that will get your blood pumping, just some chill out music without any words to distract you.
see a doctor. i've never had the pleasure of being able to do this, but i hear it works.

ThatGuy
06-22-2005, 07:50 PM
Start at 1000 and count backwards, everytime you loose count start over from 1000. You'll be out in no time. I've never cleared 500 because I keep loosing count. lol

Andrew Bohan
06-22-2005, 07:53 PM
i like counting backwards from 1000 by 3's

Wei240
06-22-2005, 10:40 PM
workout, it's also good for you...

TheSnail
06-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Working out will keep you up. Unless you did it 6hrs ago.

trsilvias13
06-22-2005, 11:22 PM
read a book, not a magazine but a book. works for me or if you are still in school study

Salty_X
06-22-2005, 11:32 PM
RIBS.

http://www.ribcompany.com/images/rib_combo.jpg

Mmm, hickory!

FastBack 240
06-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Sleeping pills......mmmmmmmm.

Wei240
06-23-2005, 12:31 AM
Working out will keep you up. Unless you did it 6hrs ago.
not necessarily, especially if he's been up for awhile and staying up sooo late, will experience a high (adrenaline) then it's going to crash (sleepy time)

TheSnail
06-23-2005, 12:56 AM
will experience a high (adrenaline) then it's going to crash (sleepy time)

Yeah right. Next time your going to sleep, do 50 push-ups on your bed. See what happens. :eek:

BOROSUN
06-23-2005, 01:06 AM
i used to run around the neighborhood at midnite and then lift weights. sometimes it puts me to sleep but most of the time it doesnt. im still up till 4-5am or even later playing online games cause i was a mmpg addict.

im okay now, some how my dial up connection has cured my mmpg addiction

infinitexsound
06-23-2005, 03:26 AM
drink some nyquil........ guaranteed out... ASAP....

i suffer from insomnia also... i guess thats why me and the snail are always up posting away in the middle of the nite... sometimes i do get lucky, sometimes i dont.... and end up being awake for 2-3 days straight....ive lost count of how many times ive seen the sun come up...
hate popping pills... cause u feel all weird in the morning.. few glasses of wine should kinda lay a hammer on yah...

zenkiDori
06-23-2005, 04:51 AM
Yeah right. Next time your going to sleep, do 50 push-ups on your bed. See what happens. :eek:
up the number quite a bit and see what happens. i've suffered from insomnia for quite some time and when i have nights where i NEED to get to sleep, excercise really helps. you just need to do it untill you practically collapse. it works well, trust me.

here's some more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insomnia

most of the people i know have insomnia caused by stress.

SochBAT
06-23-2005, 05:25 AM
Take the red pill.

Or you could have a stirring conversation with your lifepartner. Im' sure he'll bore you with his stories of itching gentialia, and the such.

s13rymos
06-23-2005, 09:24 AM
RIBS.

Mmm, hickory!

All the vegitarians are probrably goin crazy right now. I LOVE MEAT. It does put me to sleep too. Eat a whole rack of ribs and see if you dont feel tired :D

Drunk Bastard
06-23-2005, 10:20 AM
RIBS.

Mmm, hickory!

just go to everett and jones, you'll probably see var there, then eat ATLEAST one whole portion to yourself, when you get home...start drinking...then pass out. works every time :faint:

Wei240
06-23-2005, 10:21 AM

50 push ups?, gotta do more than that bro,
i'm talking about mike tyson regimen when he was in prison type of deal :eek:
i'm assuming the dude's been up for at least 18 hrs straight since he's up at 4 in the morning, the body needs rest, what better way than to tire the muscles out

yeah, for some reason, running around doesn't tire me out at all either... but heavy dosage of pushups and free weights does the trick

infinitexsound
06-25-2005, 05:51 PM
working out? eh give me some wine... ill be out like a lightbulb...

sykikchimp
06-25-2005, 07:16 PM
self-hypnosis.