PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: Perfect 91 Mr2 Turbo, Tdo6/Standalone/325rwhp+ Beast (Pics)

gotime242
06-21-2005, 08:03 PM
Hello,

For three years my mr2 has been a fantastic project and just a great car all togeather. The amount of work i have personally put into it labor wise is unmeasurable. This car was built with the "do it right the first time" saying always lingering in the back of my head. It has been a pleasure to own and has given me some of the best times in my life thus far. Unfortunatly, i am considering selling it. I will soon be moving off to college, and getting my first apartment. I really need to focus on school and need money for living expenses and the rent. I hate the idea of selling it, but sometimes moving on it the thing to do.

Here are the details on the car:

1991 Mr2 turbo, original turbo, not a swap. T-Top

Engine mods:

**Greddy Tdo6 20g Turbo w/10-15k miles on it**
Ats racing 38mm Tial External Wastegate setup w/open dump tube
SS Oil feed and return Lines
Custom Mandrel Bent Intercooler pipes
Cone-Style Intake Filter
**HUGE Trunk mounted intercooler, i/c is from a Ford f350 turbodiesle Superduty truck**
Use of oem recirculated bpv
HTS Couplers
HTS T-bolt clamps ($$)
2x (two) 13" Tripac Puller fans moutned on i/c
ATS racing TB inlet
EGR block-off plates
Chacoal Canister Eliminated
Walbro 255hf Intank Fuel pump
Aeromotive Adjustable FPR w/ custom SS lines
Summit Racing Fuel Gauge
ATS racing Fuel rail
Supra 550 Injectors
**MrControls SDR Full-EMS stand alone unit, complete control!!!**
NGK BKR7E Plugs (gapped at .02
Spec Stage II Clutch
Penzoil Syncromesh Tranny Fluid
TwosRus Shoft Shifter
Greddy Downpipe
Apexi GTspec Exhaust (ends up being 3.75")
Urithane Engine mount Inserts

NEW from TOYOTA: (everything here is directly from toyota)

Spark Plug Wires
Distributer Cap/Rotor
Tb inlet and tb gaskets
Valve Cover gasket (inner and outer)
Water Pump +gaskets
Thermostat
Alternator
Oil pan seal
Exhaust manifold->Turbo adapter plate gasket
Oil filter
Intake-> Turbo Intake pipe (the "s" bend one)
HFH and HFHOE coolant lines
+ more that im forgetting

-The engine has a completely stock, original, and un-opened long-block. It has never had one internal issue, and has proven to be a very stong block/internals, so why mess with sucess?
-The engine never sees anything but castrol (since thats what toyota uses) 10w30 (non-syn).
-The engine never sees anything but toyota brand oil filters.
-The coolant system shed and flushed damn well (one chemical flush then 5 water flushes) about 3 months ago. It was refilled with 50/50 prestone/ purified drinking h2o (yes..i went to the supermarket to get it, im not putting "hose water" in the coolant system). The system has never had a leak.

Suspension/Wheels/Brakes:

KYB AGX 4-way adjustable struts
Eibach Sportline Srpings
Front "trust" strut bar
Porterfiel R4S Brake Pads
SS brake lines all around
Motul RBF600 Brake fluid
Blank Rotors
17x7 Nakayama GT-5 Wheels
205/40/17 Kumho MX Front (good tread)
235/45/17 Kumho MX Rear (good tread)

Exterior:

New Red Paint, Only 2 months old. Looks great. Not a 5000 dollar job, but very very good. Urithane 2-stage, Has a 5 year warrenty.
Toms Sideskirts
Toms Rear piece
New oem front bumper
New oem 93+ Front lip
All emblems shaved
All moldings painted
Diamond clear Turn Signals
Diamond Clean h4 conversion Headlamps
No Dents
No Dings
No Scratches
Thats right.

Interior:

Interior is in AWSOME shape. I am a detailer and take very good care of it.
The dash is perfect.
Carpet is are perfect
Seats are great except for..of course the drivers side bolster. It is torn from wear. Other than that the seats are great.
**I have extracted the inside a lot since i have owned it. The last time was about 2 months ago. Extracting it like steam cleaning, it removed all dust/dirt/stains from the carpet or fabric seats. It injects a boiling hot cleaning agent in, then sucks it straight back out taking the dust with it.
-Power windows/Doors work perfectly

Isotta DSX steering wheel
Momo Hub
Redline Italian Thick Leather shift boost in perfect shape
Some kind of shift knob (dont know the name, but its nice)
Autometer Dual-Gauge a-pillar pod
Autometer Boost gauge
Autometer A/f meter Gauge (for pretty lights)
Sony Xplode Deck
Am/Fm antenna is not connected, i only listen to cd's
Pinoeer Speakers all around, sounds good
A/c Panel Plate (will explain later)
Blitz FATT (turbo timer)
Whislter Po-Dar with behind the dash wiring. (clean instal)

Some things to know:

This car does not have a/c. The a/c system was removed for weight reduction purposes. There are no traces of the a/c system on the car, which includes on-engine equipment, lines, condenser, and all items under the dash. I still have 90% of the peices, which all worked perfectly prior to removal, that you are free to have. So far the car has about 230 lbs worht of weight reduction. The "funk"...or front truck..has been gutted more or less. The rear trunk contains the intercooler. You can still fit many groceries in the frunk trunk area though. The interior i wanted to remain nice, so that did not get effected much by my reducing of weight other than the floor mats and a/c items under the dash. A nice car needs a nice interior.

The car currently is not tuned on the EMS. The EMS is installed and will be dyno tuned in the next week or so (just waiting on appointment), which will be paid by me, for approx 325 rwhp @ 20psi.

The fuel system i have is capable of up to 360 rwhp at the most/limit. This is why i will not go past 325, i want to be safe. The engine has a lot of potential, a simple install of cams and larger injectors will allow you to easily pass 350rwhp and start to look forward to 400+.

The transmission does grind going into 3rd being a 91 model. It only does this while racing or shifting at 6/7k rpm. 2nd can be notchy to get into sometimes, does not grind. There are a couple solutions for this, one you can replace the sycros, or two you swap in a 93+ lsd transmission and have some exiting times.

So far the car has run a weak 12.7 in the 1/4 mile @ 109 (or 110?). This was with the current turbo setup at 16 psi on the STOCK ECU, running rediculously rich. I am shooting for high 11's once tuned on 20psi with good traction and proper driving. Thus far my tire/clutch setup has allowed me to hit a 1.8 60ft's.

So there you have it. That is my life for the last 3 years as i know it. I am looking for good offers only. This car means a lot to me, and if i dont get an offer im looking for it will not be sold.

Please let me know if i can answer any questions, or help in any way.

Thank you for your interest.

-Dylan / Fort Myers

[email protected]

I dont really like these pics, but they are all i have right now, i will be taking many many more soon. Also, these pics were taken before the EMS install, thats why you still see the maf.

http://img188.echo.cx/img188/1561/1m0by.jpg

http://img130.echo.cx/img130/4209/m57vf.jpg

http://img188.echo.cx/img188/5735/18mp1.jpg

http://img188.echo.cx/img188/668/ic17ks.jpg