PDA

View Full Version : How long to wait on Ebay before filing a dispute?

exitspeed
06-14-2005, 07:26 AM
I bought a CD on the 4th and made payment immediatly and have yet to recieve it. I sent 3 messeges to him about the CD and he hasn't replied. How long should I wait before I file the dispute. This is only the second thing I've bought off Ebay :mad:

Ritz S14
06-14-2005, 09:31 AM
Two weeks max.

007jpang
06-14-2005, 09:44 AM
let him know that you going to file a report in x amount of days if he does not send it then when x amount of days passed .... follow thru

s13driver
06-14-2005, 09:53 AM
also depends on how you pay.. if you use paypal n throught CC then call you CC company within a month to cancel that payment. n tell them that you never receive the item and paypal refused to refund you. it works for me.

exitspeed
06-14-2005, 11:30 AM
Ok thanx guys.

Jeff240sx
06-14-2005, 11:43 AM
Paypal absolutely WILL NOT do shit for you past the 30 day mark. So be sure that you have the item (or a tracking number you can verify) within 30 days, or else file the paypal dispute. Ebay, after about 2 weeks you should file an Ebay dispute IF AND ONLY IF you can't get ahold of the guy. Or if he's an ass.
I sell on ebay all the time. Unfortunately, on occasion it does take 2 weeks to travel within Florida, and the 1 time someone filed an Ebay complaint about me, or the 3 paypal complaints (without trying to contact me), I get pissed. Be sure to try talking to the seller. Trust me on that.
-Jeff

exitspeed
06-16-2005, 02:23 PM
Paypal absolutely WILL NOT do shit for you past the 30 day mark. So be sure that you have the item (or a tracking number you can verify) within 30 days, or else file the paypal dispute. Ebay, after about 2 weeks you should file an Ebay dispute IF AND ONLY IF you can't get ahold of the guy. Or if he's an ass.
I sell on ebay all the time. Unfortunately, on occasion it does take 2 weeks to travel within Florida, and the 1 time someone filed an Ebay complaint about me, or the 3 paypal complaints (without trying to contact me), I get pissed. Be sure to try talking to the seller. Trust me on that.
-Jeff

Well I made the pay pal payment within an hour of the auction ending which was on the 4th. I've sent him 3 messages and he hasn't relpied to any of them. I don' WANT to have to file a complaint or get my money back I want the CD. But he's not responding to me at all. I allready filed the pay pal dispute and they said it might take 30 days or longer but they are looking into it.

I wonder what they do. They should tell them that their accounts are suspended until it's cleared up. That would stop people that have a lot of transactions I think.

nismo2491
06-16-2005, 02:58 PM
I wouldn't wait any longer than 12 days, 13 hours, 32 minutes, 5 seconds.... honestly though I'd wait maybe 2-3 weeks if that...

exitspeed
06-17-2005, 11:26 AM
Well I filed the damn complaint and then I recieved the CD yesterday. So I cancelled the complaint. It's his fault though for not communicating with me. If he woulda sent me one rely I woulda waited for awhile longer, but he didn't. Oh well it's done...

Yoshi
06-17-2005, 12:11 PM
link us to the auction in question.

exitspeed
06-18-2005, 07:43 AM
link us to the auction in question.

It's all resolved, but here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4734155228&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1