PDA

View Full Version : Honda S2000

augimatic
05-25-2005, 03:06 PM
Has anyone here ever drifted a Honda S2000?

I want a second car and this guy down the street from me is selling his for 7000.00

I don't know all that's wrong with it.

But, anyway, I'm thinking that it'd be hard to drift cause of where the power band is, like I have to hit 7K RPM in order to get power right? So I'm thinking that the Honda would be tough thing to get sideways. Not that I'd drift it all the time, it's just a thought.

I'm really leaning towards a truck as a second car, I was just wondering if anyone here had tried to drive one of those. :coold:

91CRXsiR
05-25-2005, 03:07 PM
have a mechanic check it out if its good buy it.. sell it, get a miata =)

ZK
05-25-2005, 03:16 PM
For $7000?! That's damn cheap. I'd check to see if there are any problems with that car or its been rebuilt or something.

chlatboy
05-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Check it, buy it, fix it, and sell it for double the price you bought it for.

augimatic
05-25-2005, 03:31 PM
well I don't know the guy, it's been on my street for months!! So something is wrong with it.

But has anyone driven one?

Yoshi
05-25-2005, 03:35 PM
well I don't know the guy, it's been on my street for months!! So something is wrong with it.

But has anyone driven one?

I have, I was REALLY dissapointed.
The car is a looker, no doubt, crazy revs, yah.... cool I guess
but actually keeping it up there is a driving style that I"m not at all used to, I didn't like how it drove at all, but that's just preference.... it seemed pretty lacking in the power dept unless the revs were way up.

This is all my butt dyno talkin tho.
Don't get me wrong, the car is str8 sexxy asthetically, and is VERY capable (tho I didn't try to drift it), just not my style.

ghostuss
05-25-2005, 03:44 PM
I have drifted one. Trick is not to let the foot off pedal at all times. :nono: Steering is hard. It's a road hogger, not worth the trouble in my book to make it a drift machine.

JDMark
05-25-2005, 03:47 PM
alex pfiefer drifts an s2000 in formula d, hes pretty damn good with it.

drew935
05-25-2005, 03:53 PM
Alex had to do a lot of R&D with the S. If you're looking to make it a drifter, man o man you are asking for a boat load of work.It's fun to drive one. Yes, you have to keep on the accel. pedal to stay on it. High snapback in that car. Sex appeal yes. Grip worthy yes. Better to check it out, like stated already, and then drive it and sell it. Alignment setup is an issue with that car.

slivia-junkie
05-25-2005, 03:56 PM
they are excelent cars. they can drift with some work but they are much better at holding the raod

augimatic
05-25-2005, 05:49 PM
okay that's what I wanted to know.

the price is a tad suspect.

I'll look in to it but I think I want a truck.

sw20>>s14
05-25-2005, 06:25 PM
for $7000? buy it just for grip...there is a thing out there called grip too guys...

Var
05-25-2005, 06:45 PM
I wouldnt try to drift one, but damn it's a crazy nice car to drive in the mountains.

OptionZero
05-25-2005, 06:49 PM
it kicks ass on the track, where there *real* fun's at =P

OMGWTFBBQ
05-25-2005, 06:51 PM
for $7000? buy it just for grip...there is a thing out there called grip too guys...

yea seriously, 240 doesn't mean drift, though that was his question
I wouldn't know how to answer, I've seen a miata drift before so maybe an s2000 could, maybe supercharge it? i have no idea

smellslikecurry
05-25-2005, 07:27 PM
yea seriously, 240 doesn't mean drift, though that was his question
I wouldn't know how to answer, I've seen a miata drift before so maybe an s2000 could, maybe supercharge it? i have no idea

classic newbie contribution to threads...if ya dont know then dont post....

The s2000 has very little torque. If you like torque then the cars not for you. However, the s2000 is quiet the track beast and will murder 240s and 350zs in autocross..hell they are in a completely different class iirc... Personally if i were you and wanted to drift i would keep the 240 and buy a truck to tow the bitch and carry tires...also when it rains or snows you will have something to drive.

ThatGuy
05-25-2005, 07:30 PM
http://www.rs-r.co.jp/2005motor/pict20050510-2.jpghttp://www.rs-r.co.jp/2005motor/pict20050420-1.jpg
http://www.rs-r.co.jp/2005motor/pict20050420-2.jpg
Nope, completely un-driftable. Good to see people still know how to do research on the internet. :rolleyes:

North240
05-25-2005, 07:42 PM
buy a truck also when it rains or snows you will have something to drive.

Sally, my 240 sees snow and rain up here in Maine

Macadoshus
05-25-2005, 07:47 PM
You can drift it obviously, but certainly not the ideal drift car.

I have one and it is setup pretty sick for grip.

$7k is definitely a good deal though regardless. Only thing really worth mentioning is the drivetrain is pretty weak. If you get it and drive it hard, plan on replacing alot of that stuff. I have broken just about every part of it.

smellslikecurry
05-25-2005, 07:57 PM
Sally, my 240 sees snow and rain up here in Maine

sally??? snow and rain arent a problem if you dont want your 14 year old car rusting even more...and also we know that rwd isnt exactly the best for rain and snow...i drove my 350z all throughout last winter and believe me even with snow tires its a pita. Would i drive the 240 or the z in the snow or in the rain if i had a truck that i knew wouldnt spin out? Simple. No.

wootwoot
05-25-2005, 09:41 PM
Why is it called grip and not just regular driving like it is? I cant remember who said this, but it was in response to them having trouble getting the s2000 sideways, "Honda spent all that time making it stick so well that its rather hard to get it sideways and keep it there"

infinitexsound
05-25-2005, 10:22 PM
bad ass car.. id just keep it stock and drive it for the excitement..... not a big fan of the digi gauge.. but sure as hell would be an ideal car to drive along the coast...

urbanimpakt
05-25-2005, 10:29 PM
the RS*R drift car has an RX-8 steering column because the s2000 steering column is to "tame" for drifting its made to hug curves not take em sideways. But thats the biggest issue I've read that RS*R had.

ghostuss
05-25-2005, 10:54 PM
that RSR car has so much done to it. You can't have it up next to a stock s2000. Just cause RSR s2000 can, doesn't mean a stock s2000 can.

OptionZero
05-25-2005, 11:10 PM
There's a S2000 type V with some sort of upgraded steering assist that speeds up the turning ratio; I dunno if you can get a hold of that or if it will help .

OMGWTFBBQ
05-25-2005, 11:53 PM
classic newbie contribution to threads...if ya dont know then dont post....

The s2000 has very little torque. If you like torque then the cars not for you. However, the s2000 is quiet the track beast and will murder 240s and 350zs in autocross..hell they are in a completely different class iirc... Personally if i were you and wanted to drift i would keep the 240 and buy a truck to tow the bitch and carry tires...also when it rains or snows you will have something to drive.

or how about if your gonna be an asshole then dont post, classic stuck up mother fucker contribution

wootwoot
05-26-2005, 12:17 AM
bad ass car.. id just keep it stock and drive it for the excitement..... not a big fan of the digi gauge.. but sure as hell would be an ideal car to drive along the coast...

Well if you consider that the engine was developed with help from their f1 involvement the tach is somewhat similar to f1 as well. I'm definitely going to have to agree with you though and say I dont like it. Traditional tach does me just fine, maybe with the little rx7 beep to let you know when to up shift;I love that thing!

aznpoopy
05-26-2005, 12:19 AM
s2k is a nice car. do a thorough inspection. if its clean and $7k, you have no reason not to buy it.

if you want a truck, turn it around and sell it for more like someone else said. then get a nicer truck.

sw20>>s14
05-26-2005, 06:10 AM
sums up to: if you have the extra money, buy it for a fun commuter...and if you dont feel like burning tires drifting; take it on the twisties for some fun...plus, you can take your gf/wife out without her bitchin about the ride, noise, "useless extra bars that get in the way", etc. either way, you cant lose....well, unless if its a pos, then you got jacked...best check it out thouroughly...

smellslikecurry
05-26-2005, 07:55 AM
or how about if your gonna be an asshole then dont post, classic stuck up mother fucker contribution

:newbie: stfu and stop posting if you have nothing useful to say...since i dont want to get banned or pinked im out...

on topic: i agree with aznpoopy buy it see if you like it fix it up keep it for a while then sell it for more and buy a truck...you just have to weigh out the pros and cons of each...

91CRXsiR
05-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Nissan Titan ---> makes feel like a man haha

OMGWTFBBQ
05-26-2005, 02:26 PM
:newbie: stfu and stop posting if you have nothing useful to say...since i dont want to get banned or pinked im out...

on topic: i agree with aznpoopy buy it see if you like it fix it up keep it for a while then sell it for more and buy a truck...you just have to weigh out the pros and cons of each...

actually I did have something to say but you didn't read everything, or maybe it was just your reading comprehension. I was on the topic

Yoshi
05-26-2005, 02:56 PM
wow, I love how the original question was, "who here has drifted a S2000", and there are all of 2 of us so far that have even driven one.... yet look at all the people voicing their opinion that's based on who knows what...

Seems like so far, this thread should really only be 3-4 posts long. :duh:

drew935
05-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Ghost and you Yoshi +me= 3 have drifted one. :bow:

Macadoshus
05-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Ghost and you Yoshi +me= 3 have drifted one. :bow: + me (own's one) = 4 have drifted one.

OptionZero
05-26-2005, 03:51 PM
does it count if you've seen them on the track?

dct223
05-26-2005, 05:16 PM
S2000 was made for a grip car, u gotta do a lot of crap to make drift as well as the other drift cars, and even then they are still hard to keep sideways

if i ever got a s2000.. it would be straight up stickly touge grip driving

smellslikecurry
05-26-2005, 06:59 PM
actually I did have something to say but you didn't read everything, or maybe it was just your reading comprehension. I was on the topic

what part of "I wouldn't know how to answer," "i have no idea," and "I've seen a miata drift before" have anything to do with s2ks drifting or s2ks at all???? you my friend need to stop getting sooo butthurt from a fucking online forum...again im not wasting my time on a newbie that just wont admit when hes wrong...you wont last very long on zilvia with that attitude...

peace out...

ThatGuy
05-26-2005, 07:06 PM
SmellsLikeCurry, you have stated you are finished, so please stick by that. :bow:
OMWTFBBQ, shut up. Kick back, relax, and stop adding drama to this thread. :rl:

I am ThatGuy, and you will be Moderated. :mephfawk:

OMGWTFBBQ
05-26-2005, 07:14 PM
you managed to mention everything but the part that was on the issue, i used a miata as a comparison. Your trying to make Zilvia sound like a survival challenge or something, I may not have had the best answer to his question but I at least tried, how dead would a forum be if only one post would answer a question, its not like im the only one whos not totally nailing the issue. I'm not trying to make anything of this, the curry guy must have been mad at something else so decided to attack me on my not 100% perfect post. again, im not trying to cause a commotion, bah whatever ive wasted so much time arguing on the internet its ridiculous.

sorry to jack the thread everybody

ThatGuy
05-26-2005, 07:16 PM
Good, now Shut Up like I told you to.

OMGWTFBBQ
05-26-2005, 07:18 PM
completely unecessary, but im finished in this thread for good

ThatGuy
05-26-2005, 07:24 PM
I told you to shut up, you chose not to listen. You are Pink for a month, longer if you don't learn how to listen.

wootwoot
05-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Just ban him allready and I wish I was a mod, I would so hand out pinkness to anyone who called it grip driving. ITS NOT GRIP DRIVING!!! ITS JUST DRIVING!!!!

sw20>>s14
05-26-2005, 10:26 PM
Just ban him allready and I wish I was a mod, I would so hand out pinkness to anyone who called it grip driving. ITS NOT GRIP DRIVING!!! ITS JUST DRIVING!!!!

driving is a commuter/grocery getter going from point a to point b on relatively straight roads or the highway traveling at posted speed limits...
grip driving is spirited driving on curvy roads that involve faster speeds and involves higher than average lateral force...

would you call all motorsports that dont drift "driving?" you call it racing, so what different is this? call it grip or racing, but dont make it sound like mundane driving...

SimpleS14
05-26-2005, 10:34 PM
I didn't know people get offended with the term "grip driving". Should we say "sprited driving" , "touge" or "circuit racing" ?

SochBAT
05-26-2005, 11:59 PM
I like the sound of spirited. Makes it seem like you're doing it drunk.
I hope those "TougePWNZ" kids get off the local canyon. Theyjust love doing those imfamous driveby wins.
"Look at me, i've got my HyperFlashing hazards on! I winnn!!!!"
i should set up some kinda trap for them. Like a steel pole on the road.

But S2ks kick ass. I think its one of the few cars honda did right.

infinitexsound
05-27-2005, 12:34 AM
how about u just buy it for the engine setup, and swap the s2k engine in a 240...... personally i love the s2k engine...wouldnt mind placing some ITB's and doing some headwork.. reflash the ecu... great rev happy motors... lots of potential..

sideview_180sx
05-27-2005, 12:49 AM
comparing the miata to the s2k is absurd. amazingly short wheelbase on the miata. low CG in the s2k and power-asisted steering. besides RS-R spent over 8grand to fubar the design of the s2k to get it to drift. including sitting a fuel cell in the trunk, since OE sits right in the center. then had to destrengthen the chassis to allow more flex. besides over here in cali a guy in a yellow s2k tried drifting at d-days. it wasn't his skill. it was simply the car was engineered to grip and not step out. consistently he would kick the rear out only to have the car bring itself back under control, and not having the torque it needs to keep sideways is another factor in itself. just buy it and pick up chicks with it already. don't drift it, grip it. and have the girls grip the headrest for better leverage. hehe

24Zero
05-27-2005, 08:45 AM
Buy it. Fix it. AutoX it!

MakotoS13
05-27-2005, 09:20 AM
just buy it and pick up chicks with it already. don't drift it, DRIVE it.

there, fixed.

wootwoot
05-27-2005, 11:17 AM
Hey somebody else gets it!