PDA

View Full Version : Putting video on my computer

TokyoNights
05-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Hi can anyone help me with uploading video on my laptop?
I have a sharp viewcam vl-h860 it is HI8
Laptop is a toshiba sattelite
Is it possible for me to upload video from this camera?

Yoshi
05-25-2005, 02:57 PM
only if your laptop has VIVO (Video In/Video Out) ports (RCA/S-Video inputs).... which i'm almost positive it doesn't, therefore you need an external video adapter, Dazzle, etc. something that has some inputs, upper end models are capable of HD/DVD quality video and if you're lucky (or spend a lot) coaxial or fiberoptic audio inputs (of couse standard Hi8 is just regular mono RCAs)

If you just want to do basic stuff, a basic setup will do you just fine, expect to pay around $100 or so.... past that, u can use Adobe Premiere Pro for high-level video editing, or just use the standard windows movie maker for basic stuff.

TokyoNights
05-25-2005, 03:15 PM
I dont have those ports I guess I have to look into the video adapter you mentioned.
I allready have some editing software pinnacle studio 8 and sonic my dvd video suite.
Thanks for your help

Yoshi
05-25-2005, 03:31 PM
well I didn't look real hard, so see if u can find a better deal, but you want something like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814144022

I've not check for reviews on it or anything, but at least this way , uknow what you need. Hopefully you have USB2.0 and/or firewire on your laptop, USB1.1 isn't going to cut it.

Your software should be just fine unless you're looking for production quality output... but if that were the case, you wouldn't be on Hi8 ;)

Best of luck!

TokyoNights
05-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Thanks Yoshi I really appreciate it, that will propably be the one I purchase.
Now I have to make shure I have usb2.0