PDA

View Full Version : ebay intercoolers, good/bad?

crioten
05-09-2005, 07:50 PM
for the love of me i cant see spending a crap load of money for a greddy or a hks or whatever fmic kit when you can buy a chep one off ebay...

now i know the old rule of you get what you pay for, but what are your experiances with them, and what ones did you get?

im looking at this one right now, but i really dont know what i want to get yet...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33742&item=7973363659&rd=1

enlighten me with your whitty banter :)

little background info, im going to put this on a ka-t with a t25 or t28, so im not looking for huge power output, so i just need a fmic of some kind...

420sx
05-09-2005, 07:56 PM
i think they are fine. i seen a few people use them and no problems with pressure drops. its prety hard nowadays to make a fuck up a core. only problem, most people freak out abotu making their own piping. which isnt hard at all.

MakotoS13
05-09-2005, 08:05 PM
if it holds pressure you're golden. its a frickin air to air radiator.... not too much goin on there.

crioten
05-09-2005, 08:06 PM
yeah piping is just some mandral (sp?) bends with silicone cupplers, or get some of it welded :)

id like to get some input on what people have bought off ebay before, and how it worked out and all that

420sx
05-09-2005, 08:08 PM
well piping is aluminum. welded with least amount of couplings:) its not too hard, and dont cost as much as hk$ and blitZZ kits.

Flybert
05-09-2005, 08:10 PM
I picked up the xs power/ssautochrome one recently for a good price. Depending on how you make your piping, it could end up costing you more in the long run than getting a Greddy VSPL. Fortunately I have access to a welder.

infinitexsound
05-09-2005, 08:34 PM
buy a spearco core... and make ur own piping... easy.... wouldnt pay over 500 for a fmic kit.. u bends are roughly fairly cheap pricing...