PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Enthusia!

HyperTek
05-05-2005, 09:46 PM
The rival game released opposite Forza for PS2... anyone get it yet? http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/enthusia/eng/movie/open.html

HyperTek
05-05-2005, 09:59 PM
it looks pretty good for a rival game.. i never really heard about it til a week ago... http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/enthusia/eng/movie/open.html

Phlip
05-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Wow...

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=79210

HyperTek
05-05-2005, 10:35 PM
you linked to forza for xbox.. whats your point?? didnt want to thread jack it with a ps2 game..

Phlip
05-05-2005, 10:57 PM
My bad, I am winding down a fucked up day and didn't want this whole forza thing to turn into the whole GT4 craze all over again and therefore never opened the link until now

WILDACEX187
05-06-2005, 12:46 AM
dont get too excited http://ps2.ign.com/articles/608/608371p3.html

HyperTek
05-06-2005, 01:24 AM
well ign sucks.. alot of the guys on the forums of gtplanet where saying that ign is stupid cuz the writer seemed like he doesnt really have much experience with racing sims, and that these people actually gave need for speed underground a higher rating.. so what do u expect? lol

Phlip
05-06-2005, 07:47 AM
Hell, for 39.99 and my having so many "under the radar" PS2 racing games, I will likely go pick it up next week when I get paid...

HyperTek
05-06-2005, 11:11 AM
i might go pick it up tonight with my mall gift card.. hehe i bought gt4 with a gift card.. the physics suppose to be good in this game.. Konami wasnt going for a gt4 killer, just a game with better physics.. looks like you can clutch kick in this game.

http://gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62852&page=3

sportcars14a
05-06-2005, 11:48 AM
I got the game day before yesterday, there is a clutch kick but teh game is really strange, driving characteristic's feel pretty realistic, but you can't mod the cars yourself, as you race you open up new cars and then if you stay in the same car for all the races you earn power up's, and you can't choose how the car gets modded, and you can't tune the cars, it kind of sucks, the touge course looks awesoem in the game, but I havent unlocked it yet, I have Forza as well, and forza is 10x more fun, and racing on xbox live makes forza my favorite racing game.

Phlip
05-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Now that you mention it, I may have a gift or discount card at EBGames, I will have to go home and rifle through my shit in my room and see if I can make it turn up after work tonight, I will go grab it after I wash my filthy automobile and put in the rest of my audio shit tomorrow if so.

sportcars14a
05-06-2005, 12:05 PM
If any of you have a chance to get forza and use xbox live, do it, its a blast, and drifting in the game is awesome, so much fun, when you hold the gas down and puch the ebrake button it works like a clutch kick, and when you have your foot off the gas it works like an ebrake, its really cool. And they have a touge course in the game as well, a huge mountain course stretching for 6 mile's. Its really fun. Plus you can mod the car with Brembo, Do Luck, Ing's, Border, Bomex, Cwest, its pretty cool.

IGN Has a really good review of the Enthusia game, i agree with this review:

Full Review here: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/608/608371p3.html

"Demerits for hitting other cars happens regardless of who's at fault in the collision. If the gamer's car hits an opponent's by ramming it from behind or some overly aggressive inside work on a turn, then it makes sense that points would be deducted. It's all the rest of the swapping paint and other cars hitting the player's car from behind that can be infuriating. This means that the enemy cars can be as aggressive as they want to be and plow into a turn behind the player's car and take off Enthu Points from the player.

In tight courses with lots of turns, getting through with points intact means getting ahead early or playing incredibly cautiously. In a smaller dose, this system would be fantastic, but instead it's gone too far and taken the fun out of close races. Making strategic moves on the turns or the straightaways to block the other cars is now a liability. Basically, the dramatic moments that make racing fun are now bad for you."

NI_YON_Zenki
05-06-2005, 06:48 PM
this is hypertek, well I dont have an xbox and a gift card makes the game free.. =D

tsunami0ne
05-06-2005, 07:03 PM
i heard they dumbed down the realism in this game because ppl were complaining about it in the demo.

Can anyone confirm this?

HyperTek
05-07-2005, 12:48 AM
i dunno... but i like it.. its more goal bassed, where you want to keep playing to progress thru the game.. im already tired of gt4 cuz it got too repeative and time consuming.

Clutch kick is really cool, was messin around doing donuts and manji at airport square in the s15... no other game besides computer games have i yet to see that feature in. hehe

Teb74
05-07-2005, 12:54 AM
Might go out and rent it this week, definately looks interesting! I even saw an E30 ///M in one of the pics that should be fun to drive. But as if of now back to gt4 :-D

Phlip
05-08-2005, 07:50 PM
Talked moms into paying for it at Wally world last night, but I been busy as shit with the car and other stuff today, I will play it before and after work this week

HyperTek
05-08-2005, 07:57 PM
its a pretty good underated game... one of the tracks dragons lair or whatever is pretty dope, i jus gotta play the crap out of the career mode to unlock it for all cars.

Phoen_x_s14
05-08-2005, 08:14 PM
well my Jap version of Enthusia should be here pretty soon, so I'll post if there's any difference between th e US version. Also..........hell complain if you want but I'm using the Codebreaker to see if there some hidden stuff, not alot of free time after work.

Phlip
05-08-2005, 08:30 PM
What, may I ask, would be the benefit of ordering and waiting for the Japanese version of the game, compared to saving yourself time and likely money to go out and buy it at wal mart, since there are a few thousand of those around?

HyperTek
05-08-2005, 08:34 PM
i ordered the japanese automodelista way before it came out over here just so i could have it before it came out, what a mistake... lol but the game was crap to begin with...

Phlip
05-08-2005, 08:42 PM
I waited for AutoModelista to go down to 19.99 before buying it and STILL want my 20 bucks back