http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=105484

kandyflip445
05-02-2005, 10:41 PM
I don't like the three exhaust exits.

Var
05-02-2005, 11:02 PM
somewhat looks like the TVR Sagaris

http://www.racinggreentvr.com/images/sagaris4.jpg

sorry i didnt mean to shit on your Lexus thread..but here's a clip while we're here

www.sleepy-fish.com/images/videos/TVRs/Racing_Green_Sagaris_high.wmv

mixxamike
05-02-2005, 11:22 PM
i like how it pulls out right behink and mk2 supra at the end

FaLKoN240
05-02-2005, 11:50 PM
WTF, to see how it performs in the real world? LOL I've never been on a race track that takes hella long to complete once, but then again, I'm just an average guy. . .

Stock-S13
05-03-2005, 02:40 AM
Is this just a ploy by Toyota to take back JGTC? A Nissan Killer if you will?

dct223
05-03-2005, 02:54 AM
i like how it pulls out right behink and mk2 supra at the end

dont u mean mkIV supra?

TurDz
05-03-2005, 03:01 AM
The car doesn't look much like the Sagaris. Sagaris reminds me of the M3 roadsters or Z4. that kind of sleek long shape.

The new Lexus looks more like a tranditional shaped design, part supra part celica...

that triple exhuast in the center looks to be a function over form thing since it looks incorporated into the large underbody rear diffusers. Just seeing those things guarantees that this car is going to be a contender for supercars.

evilimport
05-03-2005, 04:50 AM
dont u mean mkIV supra?
Its a MKIV Supra leaving with it (how appropriate)... Glad you jumped on this correction... beat me to it.

The "Lexus Supra" is kinda a neat idea in a way...whether or not it sells, I dunno. 100K is an assload of $$, though.

kandyflip445
05-03-2005, 05:01 AM
Maybe it was aerodynamics. But it still looks like ass.

Andrew Bohan
05-03-2005, 11:34 AM
it was covered in shit to hide it.

i'll take 2

wootwoot
05-03-2005, 11:50 AM
The exhaust has always bothered me.

R33GTS-T
05-03-2005, 01:42 PM
i was actually thinking that the MkIV was there with them as a benchmark for their tuning

Late,
Daniel

exitspeed
05-03-2005, 03:57 PM
That car is beatiful, and ever more so in person. I can't wait to see the production version. Oh well, so much for waiting for a Supra.

wootwoot
05-03-2005, 04:45 PM
i was actually thinking that the MkIV was there with them as a benchmark for their tuning

Late,
Daniel

I highly doubt that. Consider the caliber of both of these cars. But again, ya never know. Some companies do some whacky things

mixxamike
05-03-2005, 11:56 PM
yeah, mkIV, my bad

mbmbmb23
05-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Nobody will pay $100k for a Toyota....I'm sorry. It looks like a Z06 Corvette with Supra tails and RX8-ish "triangular" exhaust positioning and rear faring/bumper. I'd build a twin turbo Z06/Viper/Z33 for that price.

-m

MrSkinny
05-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Nobody will pay $100k for a Toyota....I'm sorry. It looks like a Z06 Corvette with Supra tails and RX8-ish "triangular" exhaust positioning and rear faring/bumper. I'd build a twin turbo Z06/Viper/Z33 for that price.

-m

people are willing to fork out 6 figs for a honda (nsx) so this isn't absurd.

JuJuBee
05-07-2005, 10:01 PM
honda/acura sold less than 50 nsx's this past year

but of course the car hsnt gone through a major redesign for over 10 years

IGSDann
05-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Thing looks hot, I hope it's a shared platform for Lexus and Toyota (Supra), that would be tittywhop.

revat619
05-07-2005, 11:40 PM
i take it this is gonna be the competition for the upcoming gt-r. I'd expect a lesser toyota version (i.e. a new supra) to follow rather shortly. It would compete perfectly with the 350Z, while the 2 new super cars battle it out.

exitspeed
05-08-2005, 08:09 AM

-m

Your right, at least to the American Market. That's why it's a Lexus, not a Toyota. :ughd: Because the American Auto Market is foolish.

xravexboix
05-08-2005, 11:35 AM
It's being launched as a Lexus because it's a low production car. Lexus will be launched in Japan this summer (July or August) www.lexus.jp

The car is meant to go after supercars (first attempt... hopefully successful). Another car in the market they are hitting would be the FORD GT which is around 140K... this car is supposedly going to be priced at $120K. I'm sure they are also going after their performance-driven Japanese target: Nissan =] The price isn't too bad considering the league it's aimed at... especially with the estimate curb weight of around 3000 lbs. (on par w/ the Ferraris). It looks like it will be FR... although people are speculating MR... It's FR because the engine cooing system is located behind the driver... which also helps w/ weight balancing =P

The engine will reflect F1 research (supposedly) and the drivetrain will change each model year to be in sync with F1 regulation and technology applied by Toyota. But I think it'll actually be JGTC (SuperGT) research.

Honda global lost $800 Million!! Yes, million, by creating the NSX. THey started with the price tag of $60,000 when they came out... now they are about $90K. Each one is hand made... so Honda was making the car to complete w/ other cars, not really to make money. Research and you see this is why Honda said NO MORE NSX (sadly =\)

The Supra is probably being used as a benchmark because it's the current JGTC (SuperGT now) GT500 class vehicle. It's obviously not running a 4.5L V10, but it's probably running the 3UZ-FE bored to 4.5L (4480cc) w/ full race suspension... but no aerodynamic tuning (which would give it away)... unless the Supra was just coincidentally there... lol When the Supra was released in the early 90s, it won a good deal of comparisons and pushed the edge of what we knew as sports cars. Then refinement came along from other brands and the Supra is now mediocre (I heard the handling sucks... but I haven't driven one hard enough to judge) except for raw power numbers.

Lexus (and Toyota global) is still debating whether to release it or not... our dealership group president said it WILL hit stores in 2007... so it sounds like they are pushing for it. This is definately hit the world as have some manufacturers rethink their strategies... assuming it's a success. We do have people coming into our dealership questioning why Lexus doesn't offer a $100,000+ sports car to really challenge the SL55... Currently, the SL500 is cross-shopped with the SC430... which is a nice car, but certainly not a sports car. Most of these people that question it, are the owners of multiple Lexi ( =D ) and have a sports car from another company (because we don't have one). Toyota enthusiasts in this market will obviously give the car a chance. Supercar owners (Ferrari, Lambo) may not accept the car yet... but eventually will once the final numbers and track comparisons are released :x:

So ya... I hope the car doesn't flop... I know I'm gonna try to buy a USED ONE when people are selling them =D

xravexboix
05-08-2005, 11:37 AM
i take it this is gonna be the competition for the upcoming gt-r. I'd expect a lesser toyota version (i.e. a new supra) to follow rather shortly. It would compete perfectly with the 350Z, while the 2 new super cars battle it out.

Toyota does have a mid-price range car coming... no Supra name badge like a lot of people are hoping... but it'll be good. I heard it is a mid 200 hp (250ish? probably using the 3GR-FSE 3.0L V6 found in the GS 300) light-weight vehicle.

BTW, the 3rd Gen GS 300 will get a 350 engine next year :rofl:

Phlip
05-08-2005, 11:44 AM
somewhat looks like the TVR Sagaris

http://www.racinggreentvr.com/images/sagaris4.jpg

sorry i didnt mean to shit on your Lexus thread..but here's a clip while we're here

www.sleepy-fish.com/images/videos/TVRs/Racing_Green_Sagaris_high.wmv
Var, I cannot express how much I love you for that video clip

Var
05-08-2005, 01:23 PM
np bruh. Doesnt it look like an elise on steroids?