PDA

View Full Version : New guy here

240coupe
05-02-2005, 11:21 AM
Hey my name is Gus and im fairly new to this site. I am 18 and unintentionally have a 96 civic, which im about to sell and get a '92 240. Ive been into Nissans since i first started driving and I am now able to get one. Well i was just wanting to introduce myself since thats what i had to do on another forum. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks

Gus

ThatGuy
05-02-2005, 11:28 AM
Ther are no other forums. Zilvia is the only one. :D

Welcome aboard, be sure and utilize the search feature often and repeatedly.

Yoshi
05-02-2005, 11:35 AM
Wow.
Get ready for some flames after admiting u have a civic ;)
That's just how it works here, there are a lot of members who feel that the media has turned the humble S-Chassis cars into drift-icons (and I'd be lying if I said that wasn't true) and that the 240 is the new civic (gasp! shock! horror!). The thing is, there were prolly more civics built in 96 than every 240 ever produced.

Newb things to remember BEFORE you post:
- learn the car. lots of newbies are always asking "how much HP would I get with these mods?" or "where can I get _____?" Learn to drive your car first. FR is WAY different than FF. You'll figure that out the first time you experience snap oversteer at speed

- SEARCH before you post! Zilvia has been around for many years now, there are literally 10s of thousands of threads, chances are, your question has been answered in 1 of them :)

- Be very careful with the "D" word (Drift). Probably the most hated/flamed/ostracized questions are those involving drifting. Questions like, "what springs do I use for drifting?". We've seen/heard about countless Honda converts who buy their crappy 15 year old pignose with stock (read as: worn to shit) everything and wrap it around a tree within a month. These people ruin the already dwindling number of 240s on the road and are exactly what our community hates.

- take everything told to you with a grain of salt. Many people here give advice like it's the gospel, even though that advice may be bad/incorrect/jaded/etc. You can't interpret mannerisms, voice influctions, body language, and so on, in text; thus be calm when someone seems to be attacking you (I guarantee it will happen, probably sooner than later).

- Zilvia is supposed to be about community. Keep it friendly and overall, maintain the community attitude, welcome to the club :)

rainier
05-02-2005, 11:37 AM
i think yoshi told you most of everything. so welcome to the forums

240coupe
05-02-2005, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the information/warning. :ugh: Well this is my first Nissan car, i used to have an 87 nissan truck (R.I.P.), but i unfortunately have a civic :duh: . Well, i quite frequently drive my friends '90 240.

Gus

NemeGuero
05-02-2005, 12:23 PM
at least he started off well.. you're on the right track buddy, welcome to the boards

240coupe
05-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the compliment NemeGuero. :)

chlatboy
05-02-2005, 01:00 PM
keep the civic bro. You'll regret selling it when gas prices go up! 240s are overrated and will break down on u! Thats why i have two.

240coupe
05-02-2005, 01:12 PM
Well the civic has damage which keeps me from driving it and getting a job, therefore, im selling it so i can drive so i can get a job. The only reason i got it was because it was turbo, but i have since sold the turbo kit and have no money to fix it so its for sale. Im not that worried about gas prices because the job i will be getting will be on average around 3-400 a week. And i found a GREAT deal on a '92 240 coupe as well as a '93 hatchback 240.

NemeGuero
05-02-2005, 01:16 PM
there's nothing wrong with owning a honda.. I have a handfull of friends that can hand 70% of the 240s out there their asses..

but yah, to stay in good graces dude.. just search before you post a question.. it has more then likely already been asked and repition annoys Zilvia members.. some have more patience than others, but yah..

240coupe
05-02-2005, 01:21 PM
(Not to be rude) I really dont need to ask questions on here unless my reliable source doesn't know, so therefore i will post on here. Thanks

Gus

91CRXsiR
05-05-2005, 10:27 AM
hondas own nissan =) hahaha civics are much cheaper to fix check out the forsale section and see what parts go for u'll see

matlock
05-05-2005, 01:38 PM
Welcome to the board, I have a quick question and im totally not being a dick, what made you want a 240 so bad rather than the oodles of other cars you could buy from selling the civic? And like I said before WELCOME to zilvia.

infinitexsound
05-05-2005, 03:00 PM
let me guess the audition happend at ziptied? hmmmmm

ZK
05-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Welcome .. I owned a Honda once... :goyou:

NOKsk8er01
05-08-2005, 04:11 AM
honda rules