PDA

View Full Version : weird

MakotoS13
04-27-2005, 09:05 AM
okay, so yesterday im working on my car.
http://www.makotoseven.com/240/level1/KTSFACE.jpg

putting some coilovers on. this guy that i vaguely recognize walks up my driveway (with a bicycle) and proceeds to have a conversation with me. apparently this dude works with my mom and she mentioned that i live on that street. what a coinkidink. so im sitting there putting my shiny KTS stuff on and he's like "doing brakes or sumthin?" then proceeds to tell me he knows nothing about cars. thats just kinda so normall its strange to me, people being nice without an angle isn't something im familiar with.

so here's the punch line. i know some of you will say "well its the law" but this is the same street i've driven a half built, plateless car down, while passsing a cop. the dude was wearing a helmet. i dont mean he had a kawasaki ninja... he's on a ten speed with a bicycle helmet.

i know i know.. its a bicycle helmet... but this is liberty texas... on a back road... and im not talkin about a 5 year old.

just thought i'd share the funny.... and my money shot.

Phlip
04-27-2005, 09:33 AM
There's no "law" that states you must wear a helmet on a bicycle, I ride mine up and down my street all the time, speed limit is 45 right in fronta the house and goes up to 55 in about 300 yards, I don't OWN a helmet, and the sherriff has passed me and said nothing, on more than 5 occasions

aznpoopy
04-27-2005, 09:57 AM
i want more pics.

i think in NJ you have to wear a helmet under a certain age. don't quote me on that.

MakotoS13
04-27-2005, 11:07 AM
i'll whore a lot more pics when i get the car to a stance i like and have the time. i'm so pleased with its physical appearance i could die. i don't have any desire to add anything to the exterior at this point.

well... other than some azeni sports and an exmag.

sLip techniques
04-27-2005, 11:42 AM
haha, man atleast he wasnt saying stuff like

"HEY DO YOU DRIFT!?"
"DO YOU DRIFT ON THE MOUNTAINS!??"
and yeah show more pics, you bought the spl coils right?

biggie
04-27-2005, 11:56 AM
There's no "law" that states you must wear a helmet on a bicycle, I ride mine up and down my street all the time, speed limit is 45 right in fronta the house and goes up to 55 in about 300 yards, I don't OWN a helmet, and the sherriff has passed me and said nothing, on more than 5 occasions

Actually there is a law, don't know if its State, county, or City though. And its rarely inforced. But in Boone it was enforced on college students very strictly (on campus was fine, but any street w/o a helmet was a ticket).

nismo2491
04-27-2005, 12:03 PM
yeah i can't stand people that come up and talk to you for no reason.. I'm not a friendly person apparently...

ruthlesstyper
04-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Makato your car is coming along nicely.

aznpoopy
04-27-2005, 02:28 PM
and yeah show more pics, you bought the spl coils right?

kts coils are sold thru spl, yes.

any impressions on ride quality and handling, makoto?

Makato your car is coming along nicely.

agreed

MakotoS13
04-27-2005, 02:38 PM
here's my whole suspension setup:

ALL ES bushings
KTS coilovers
SPL RUCA

the car feels so ridiculously tight and responsive now. when i get strut braces and a bigger rear swaybar i can only imagine that it'll be jizztastic. for now i could not be more pleased with spl's service and parts. a week and a half ago i ordered em and now they're on the car. fast, always reliable, and they're friendly as hell. i've gotten my attin hubs, ruca, and coilovers from them and i expect to spend a lot more there.

all i need now are azeni sports in the rear, s14 seatbelts, and some legal stuff for the car to be totally ready. more pics come tonight.

quality of all parts mentioned is superb and worth more than the expensive price tag they carry.

MakotoS13
04-27-2005, 06:55 PM
behold... no more truck stance.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/vbgarage.php?do=getimage&id=284

http://www.zilvia.net/f/vbgarage.php?do=getimage&id=283

RSP13-Sideways
04-27-2005, 06:59 PM
*oink**oink* hahahahahahah

Your shit is looking good....nice and clean. Love the 5-lug and SE wheels hoecake :coold:

crioten
04-27-2005, 07:24 PM
the paint and the wheels are a really good match for each other :)

i love seening people take the time to make something look great, albiet almost in stock form.

good job, and i like your taste :)

240trainee
04-27-2005, 09:07 PM
I see no pictures....

MakotoS13
04-27-2005, 09:16 PM
had to free up some bandwidth. apparently i've been whoring my pics out too muhc. issue should be resolved.

ThatGuy
04-27-2005, 09:36 PM
Hahahaha Makotpwned by bandwidth! See you should've just posted them in the Picture Thread and called it a day. Or better yet, buy a Premium Membership and let Zilvia host them in the Members Rides section. :duh:

MakotoS13
04-27-2005, 09:41 PM
barry gets pwned by me. you know full well that i HAVE a premium membership and just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Bia!

ThatGuy
04-27-2005, 09:46 PM
It was directed to anyone posting pics outside of the Pic Thread, Doug. But thanks for playing. :D You always make for a good example of what not to do on Zilvia. :rofl:

MakotoS13
04-27-2005, 09:49 PM
without people like me finding the loopholes and bending the boundaries it'd be a pretty boring life.

240trainee
04-28-2005, 07:15 AM
Looks good. I'm surprised the coilovers got out that quickly, I'm glad "special order" doesn't mean 6 weeks

S14DB
04-28-2005, 07:57 AM
Some people look purdy in pink.

Yoshi
04-28-2005, 12:05 PM
shows how regional things can be.

Where I live, there are 2 major state universities within 8 miles of eachother, thus we have WAY more bicyclists that most areas. In WA it's state law that if you don't have a helmet, you're getting a ticket. Now it varies by county, but where I live, I know DOZENS of people that have been tickets/cited for biking w/o a helmet... one girl was WALKING HER BIKE downtown (a no cycling/blading/boarding zone), just picked it up from teh repair shop and was walking it to her car (a few blocks away) and got a citation for walking her bike w/o a helmet. She fought it and won, obviously, but it just goes to show how seriously it's taken in some areas :/

Additionally, in WA you can now be pulled over for not wearing your seatbelt, it's the law in all 50 states, but it's NOT a pull-over-able (I don't think that's a real word hehee) offense. Makes me wonder what other states they're so strict on safety issues.

Var
04-28-2005, 12:30 PM
shows how regional things can be.

Where I live, there are 2 major state universities within 8 miles of eachother, thus we have WAY more bicyclists that most areas. In WA it's state law that if you don't have a helmet, you're getting a ticket. Now it varies by county, but where I live, I know DOZENS of people that have been tickets/cited for biking w/o a helmet... one girl was WALKING HER BIKE downtown (a no cycling/blading/boarding zone), just picked it up from teh repair shop and was walking it to her car (a few blocks away) and got a citation for walking her bike w/o a helmet. She fought it and won, obviously, but it just goes to show how seriously it's taken in some areas :/

Additionally, in WA you can now be pulled over for not wearing your seatbelt, it's the law in all 50 states, but it's NOT a pull-over-able (I don't think that's a real word hehee) offense. Makes me wonder what other states they're so strict on safety issues.

the cop that gave her that ticket should have his face crushed with a vice while his family watches.