PDA

View Full Version : people trying to scam me?

SilviaDriver
04-23-2005, 01:31 PM
Sent : Saturday, April 23, 2005 3:54 AM

I came in contact with your item Sony PSP!! BRAND NEW
IN BOX!! - $1 on the web and felt interested in
purchasing it.

i will dearly need your contact information for the
payment throught WESTERN UNION MONEY ORDER.

So kindly mail me your[ur name address zip code and
price]. you
dont have to concern yourself on the shipping which i
will pay for throught
fedex via network.
Your quick reply will be needed kindly
urgent.............................LIUS FRANK

Sent : Friday, April 22, 2005 9:03 PM

Hello,

I am Dr Mariam Asada working with the United Nations district office in Birmingham uk.

My son is badly in need of a PSP, the one he was formerly using was stolen in School. A friend gave me your email address that while he was browsing through a website called Craigslist he got to know you have a PSP Game for sale. As a matter of fact please I want you to reserve this item for me.

I want to know if your PSP is in good working condition,if so....I will like to buy it for my son immediately. While I handle shipping with my Fedex Account.

To effect the necessary sales transaction, I will be paying through "postal money order". if it is okay by you send me your Full name and Address with the LBS (weight of the package) in your next reply.

Regard,

Mariam Asada<DR>

Sent : Friday, April 22, 2005 6:57 PM

Good day
> i am am jerry bruce the manager of ioffer from canada i saw ur item in which i took very > much interest on i will like to get this item from u immideately > cos a client in africa has just paid me for this item so i need to > get 2 of this item from you immideately as ny client has paid a very good amouint for this item so i want to treat this > transaction with ut most urgency as i dont want any delay for this > transaction so i will like to know how much u will sell 2 of > this items to me and the shipping charge to africa and as for the > payment i will like to pay you through money order since it the > only payment i have access to so i want you to get back to me with > ur full name and address and ur phone number and the total amount > for the items > get back to me asap for the payments"

Sent : Friday, April 22, 2005 4:46 AM

Hello,
I am a sales man and I am willing and interested in
the purchase of your display item on the website
for shipment to one of my client.what is the
condition and the final asking price.I willpurchase the
two psp and i will handle the shipping by myself.
May I informed you that I will be paying with
western union bidpay-money order and also i will not
include the shipping cost because i will pickup the
item with my fedex account and i will pickup the
item after bidpay had send you an approval
notification,let me kow,if you are satisfy with
this,so that,i can proceed with the payment.send me
your infomation on where to send the payment to and
also where the item will be pickup,if different from
the payment address.
Thanks,
Regard

obviously i know the 3rd one is a scammer, but the rest? they all seem VERY fishy to me and seem to me are scammers as well. it just so happens they email me a day apart, all with fedex accounts for shipping and want to pay via bidpay/MO

let alone they all seem "HIGHLY INTERESTED"

scam? i think so, what do u guys think

im probably gonna email them back and say i only accept paypal with a verified address.

Phlip
04-23-2005, 01:42 PM
Sounds like someone trying to get over on you, I suggest the paypal/verified address option, or ebaying them... OR you could email them back, and tell them that you will ONLY send them at [negotiated price] once you have received, cashed and verified the authenticity of their money orders/fedex accounts, and include the verbiage "I'm sure you understand, I just don't wanna get screwed outta my stuff and/or money," then wait for the lack of response from them.

sLip techniques
04-23-2005, 01:43 PM
I came in contact with your item Sony PSP!! BRAND NEW
IN BOX!! - $1 on the web and felt interested in
purchasing it.

your selling a psp for one dollar? :ugh:

rainier
04-23-2005, 02:54 PM
i hate people that try to scam you. i just got a recent check thingy for $940 and i only asked for 200? and now hes asking for me to send the rest of the money to him. i dont think so.

nismo2491
04-23-2005, 04:12 PM
tell him you'll be more than happy to send the rest of the money to him but its a thirty day waiting period for the check to fully clear

citizen
04-23-2005, 09:23 PM
david mark
to me

Hello,
I am MR DAVID MARK,i came arcoss your (89 Acura Legend LS - $750 ) for sale .and i am intrested in purchasing the item .i will be paying with a ceritified MONEY ORDER and has for the shipping my shipping agent will come to your location to do the pickup. Have a nice day..
MR DAVID MARK.

ReplyForwardInvite david to Gmail

nolan
to david

how about, fuck you, and your nigerian buddies~

infinitexsound
04-23-2005, 10:09 PM
LOL i had the same shit happen to me.... i was trying to sell my r160 diff.. and a fag from the uk tried to scam me w/ a printed check from some credit union in WI.... so i researched called them to see if it was a legitimate ... turns out its a fake, amount of check was 3,850.00.. pretty nifty amount for a differential if u ask me... but oh well dude kept on emailing me and calling me with a blocked number so i tracked him down with his IP.. and fucked with his pc. told him im keeping all the money and blowing it on boo's and strippers... BLOODY BRITS.... dont do deals if its shipping to s. africa... or anywhere else in the world.. make sure u talk to them on the phone.. and all

SimpleS14
04-23-2005, 10:14 PM
It's a scam, had them sent me a fake check for $9000 when I was selling my car for $3500. Sent via FedEx without a proper return address and when I recieved it...I was getting e-mailed like crazy to send the excess via western union and I also got some weird address in Nigeria. I gave as much info as I could to my bank. Apparently quite some people have been tricked with this and lost big money....actually happened to my friend's sister. :/

evilimport
04-24-2005, 01:33 AM
Send them a mail-bomb.

matchgrade
04-24-2005, 02:39 AM
This is a well documented scam technique. It's been seen on many types of items, from collector's cars to thoroughbred race horses, of all things.

http://www.classicsandcustoms.com/discussion/allmsg.asp?1=1&ThreadId=2012

When I was selling my Audi on craigslist, a seller from Dubai contacted me via email and even included his phone number. I called and someone actually picked up, but I got weird vibes from the guy on the other end. Ended up selling the car locally of course.

MakotoS13
04-24-2005, 11:05 AM
two things:

-COD

or

-my cash to your hand

i dont do paypal unless its to a company like spl or sumthin. since they got like 2 grand outta me in the last month i doubt they're gonna screw me over ;)