PDA

View Full Version : Towed often?

s14sILV
04-23-2005, 01:07 AM
got my car towed today for parking in the wrong ladys block.

I bet I was like 1-3 inches into her driveway and she called it in..

:wtf: :mrmeph:

I went back and notices that she had a car in the driveway but it had grass gorwing around the tire...she dosent even drive.. not for a while..........

some people just like to piss people off..old ladys with nothing to do.

paid $200.10 sucks for me.. :bs:

(dont park infront of the big yellow house on 24th and santiago)

idlafie
04-23-2005, 02:27 AM
Know your rights.....
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=veh&group=22001-23000&file=22650-22711

Check to see if there is a citation from your local police department explaining the reason for the tow. It should be underneath your windshield wiper as by law it has to be placed on your vehicle prior to being towed.

Legally you can take the towing company that towed your vehicle to civil court and have them explain the reason why your vehicle was towed under California Vehicle Code:

22650. It is unlawful for any peace officer or any unauthorized
person to remove any unattended vehicle from a highway to a garage or
to any other place, except as provided in this code.
(a) Those law enforcement and other agencies identified in this
chapter as having the authority to remove vehicles shall also have
the authority to provide hearings in compliance with the provisions
of Section 22852. During these hearings the storing agency shall
have the burden of establishing the authority for, and the validity
of, the removal.

If the towing agency cannot legally prove the reason for tow, then you can be compensated by the courts for up to three times the amount of your loss or whatever monetary limit is set by law.

However before you go thru all this trouble, make sure you go back to the neighborhood you were parked in & towed from and take a REAL good look around & see if you see any No Parking/Tow Away signs. If you do see any then go up to them & read what restrictions are posted on them. If you violated any of them, then you are S.O.L!!

From what I recall from my Northern California days, San Francisco had some serious No Parking/Tow Away policies. It's no wonder....parking in that city was always a BEYOTCH!!.

Anyhow, hope this helps...

ID