PDA

View Full Version : My girlfriend made friends with the garage wall...

airsoft
04-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Its not too bad, the wall decided to make white paint marks on the car. :duh:

Doesn't look like any body damage or paint from car coming off.

Question is...

Do I just use water + 1500 grit sand paper then buff?

Or is there some other way I must do it.

Please help ASAP !! :aw: :aw: :aw: :aw: :aw: :aw:

:eek3d: :eek3d: :eek3d: :eek3d: :eek3d: :eek3d: :eek3d: :eek3d: :eek3d:

ThatGuy
04-22-2005, 08:47 PM
People could offer better advice if they were given pictures of said damage. :D

airsoft
04-22-2005, 09:07 PM
Very true. lol. I will post pics tonite, hopefully the digi cam flash will catch everything.

thanks guys !!

tah
04-22-2005, 09:11 PM
pwn3d. choke her.

MakotoS13
04-22-2005, 09:12 PM
you might be able to just buff it without wetsanding. a good buffer can do a lot and wetsanding can do craptons.

crioten
04-22-2005, 11:35 PM
id try a good buffing compound, they have ones just for this kind of shit... go to autozone, or whatever

airsoft
04-23-2005, 01:50 AM
omg you guys are full of ideas, I love everyone of you including those that I love which makes no sense..

"60 percent of the time it works everytime" <=== what movie??

pics are up ! thanks guys, more input please...

i assure you that the white isn't chunks off the car... its actually the wall paint on the car..(feels like a thick coat of it... wall got skinned!) No visible dents/creases/bends or anything.. (luckily)
and a whole lotta dust...

Give me your .02 cents.

SCION TC VS GARAGE WALL THAT GOT IN THE WAY? (http://www.csupomona.edu/~pchyan/Garage%20vs%20Car/)

90RS13
04-23-2005, 01:56 AM
Before I me and my wife got married, she backed my car into a tow truck. The damage looked very similar (except my rearview mirror was ripped off) anywho, I used a buffing compound and all the white was gone. Just be carefull, if you have a very good buffing compound it will eat very quickly through the paint. Usually those marks are in the clear coat, and you don't have to actually hit the paint. Anyways, make sure you give her a real good waxin after, so the car/paint will still have good protection there.

just my 2 cents

idlafie
04-23-2005, 02:02 AM
D'OH!!!!! :duh: :duh: :spank: :spank:

....time to take her to the eye doctor & have her vision checked!!!

Waxing compound & a lot of elbow grease will get it out. Make sure she does all the work!!!! That way she'll learn her lesson.....

ID

airsoft
04-23-2005, 12:43 PM
What kind of buffing compound should I use?

infinitexsound
04-24-2005, 04:10 AM
anything u can buy at a auto store.... doesnt really matter really its not a technical thing... if u have a buffer it would make work alot easier....use race glaze if u need a name to go by.... might need some touch up paint.... no need to sand cause oem clear coat is really thin....

sleep
04-26-2005, 04:23 PM
or you could use some body prep or even 2+2 carb/choke cleaner to get it off. Just wax the area heavily afterwards. It will wipe right off and not harm the clear. (unless you leave the wet rag laying on the car.then your in trouble)

bobafett
04-26-2005, 11:51 PM
:( my fiance ram her car into my garage door after someone else had driven her car and left it in first..

well her car doesnt have a clutch switch, so she can start it without her foot on the clutch pedal.. and it was left in gear (which she normally doesnt do)

her reasoning was .... I WAS IN A HURRY...
anyway i didnt kill her, so i was proud of myself! ;)

airsoft
04-26-2005, 11:57 PM
Thanks guys for all ur help,

We actually just washed the car and most of it washed off. There was a bit left but she took it to a detail shop and they just rubbed it off for free. There are scratches and stuff though and the sideskirt has a nice crack/line through the clearcoat/paint.

From far the car is fine.

Everything turned out ok. Just gunna cost her some money in the future to fix it back to normal at a body shop..

estimated cost was 600.00 total.

Thansk guys

sepulchral
04-27-2005, 07:03 AM
stupid girls

nismo2491
04-27-2005, 12:36 PM
its not the girlfriends fault, its the walls fault, it just jumped up out of nowhere

s14turbosilvia
04-27-2005, 05:57 PM
i like your bass boat sparkle paint :)

nismo2491
04-28-2005, 01:47 AM
yeah forgot to mention, at least your girlfriend didn't make friends with the back of your mom's BRAND NEW slk350 when you went over there for easter dinner... yeah that was a real nice way to see my mom's new car...