PDA

View Full Version : goodyear trouble

Raysurc
04-21-2005, 03:40 PM
i go to goodyear and purchase falken 512 (any reviews?) and get an alignment. they do the alignment. prior to getting the new tires, my car went straight when i wanted it to. but now, i have to have the steering wheel face a little to the left in order to keep the car going straight, otherwise it'll want to go right. we find out (during the alignment) that my front right tie bar is bent a little and the boots(the one for the steering) are broken.

my instructor says that they should have had a pre-inspection, and if there was anything bent or lose, that they shouldnt have done the alignment. is this correct?

also, i went back there today and the guy said theres nothing they can do about it unless the things are fixed. thats Fn gay because my car went STRAIGHT before it got "aligned". they should fix this(the not going straight part)

if not, im going to assume i get my money back or call the BBB. comments?

krustindumm
04-21-2005, 04:15 PM
scan & post the alignment printout.

-Dustin

420sx
04-21-2005, 04:23 PM
umm.... replace the tie rod? duhhh

Yoshi
04-21-2005, 05:31 PM
umm.... replace the tie rod? duhhh

I think the point now, is that even after he replaces the rod, they'll charge him to re-align, which if his instructor is correct, is their bad and he should not be charged for the 2nd alignment.

420sx
04-21-2005, 05:47 PM
ah i see. in that case you are right.

wootwoot
04-21-2005, 06:58 PM
Yeah, bingo. It is their job to make sure everything is good before they align it so you SHOULD get another free alignment for when you do fix the stuff. Have your instructor call them and talk to them, if he is a cool dude he should help out.

driftyour40
04-21-2005, 07:50 PM
Well, they at least should have told you that it was bent, and then asked if you wanted to continue with the alignment. They didn’t actually hurt/damage your car, so really they did nothing wrong. It’s a shop things need to get done quickly. Or the customer bitches, when something goes wrong the customer bitches even more. It was an honest mistake, so don’t be rude they will most likely do a free alignment for you, when you get the part fixed.

Raysurc
04-22-2005, 12:33 AM
thanks for some clearifications that i needed. i wasnt going to be a punk about the situation unless it was fixed and resolved without costing me more money. another thing that was brought up is that they said i should get my steerin rack(case)(?) should be redone, and told me they can do it for a little less than $800. is that expensive or is that a about right price?

Chernobyl
04-22-2005, 12:45 AM
For $800, i'd drive around with a leaky PS rack... or pick one up at a junkyard.

driftyour40
04-22-2005, 01:07 AM
I would try just going and tightening the fittings, and the line from the reservoir. Both my s14's had leaky ps lines, and all I did was tighten the clamps a bit. That stopped the leaks fine for me.