PDA

View Full Version : Detecting private calls? (long sorry)

SR240DET
04-20-2005, 06:11 PM
AT&T is closed at the moment…. So I just email some tech about my problem…. Here is the story.. *to avoid story got to the very bottom*

Last year up until recently me and my girl started working at Baytown resort selling candy at the candy maker… and this weird guy in Reburtos pizza comes around and picks up one of our phones and plays with it…. We are so busy we didn’t even really noticed…. Anyways… after he played with our cell phones… her and I get a private call.. like a 2-3am in the damn morning… nobody says anything…

6 months have passed and some body is private call us…. I put it on speaker when I answer and we hear a taping?!? No.. I listen closer… somebody is jerkin off I don’t threaten him.. I laugh and put the phone on silent and go back to bed…

we get this call like once every other week… up until this month we get it every night like 3 times…. I have every reason to think its this weird guy that used to work at Reburtos pizza…. But I don’t know for sure..

now my Q: how in the hell do you detect a private call.. i email a tech so while i wait id figure id ask everybody i can to figure this out while i wait for AT&T to email me back... thanks for any help...

Ritz S14
04-20-2005, 06:21 PM
I wish I knew..but I know for house phones.. you have an option to where you don't allow private callers to go through, unless they unblock their number.

SR240DET
04-20-2005, 08:14 PM
oh yeah.. alot of my friends told me about the house phone one.... but that wont work in this case.... thanks though smog tech...

crioten
04-20-2005, 08:28 PM
yeah, i dont really like to answer private calls... would be cool if you could put a program on your phone to unlock them or whatever...

91CRXsiR
04-20-2005, 08:31 PM
think really hard... which jerkoff on this board has ur number hahaha..

SR240DET
04-20-2005, 08:41 PM
think really hard... which jerkoff on this board has ur number hahaha..

hahaha i never gave my number away on this board... nice try though.. haha....

Eternal_240Sx
04-20-2005, 08:57 PM
just dont answer any private calls. thats what i do..
If someone calls you with a blocked number, it means they dont want you to know who they are. So why pick up?? if its your friend then tell them that you will not anwer any blocked number so make them unblock it.

or

you can change your number.

rainier
04-20-2005, 09:05 PM
just record the time and date and check your phone bill

MakotoS13
04-20-2005, 10:01 PM
rainier for the win.

next week i'll tell you kids how to get unlisted phone numbers from ma bell.

Phlip
04-20-2005, 10:38 PM
Good idea, but WRONG... This would appear as an incoming call on the bill. All that is identifying the incoming call on the bill is the date/time/duration, not the number of the person calling you. And no, anonymous call rejection is not available, I would suggest changing your number if it is that pressing and you aren't exactly attached to it

S14DB
04-20-2005, 10:47 PM
He prolly called himself from their phones to get the number. So check the bill for who you called durning that time he was messing with your phone.

Why would you let anybody mess with your phone?

Phlip
04-20-2005, 10:50 PM
^^^ Yeah, but he said that this happened last year, I know that the system allows us access to the last 7 bills for viewing, as is available through online customer service, and we can request to send duplicate invoices if requested, 5 beans a copy...

</off work and done discussing it>

SR240DET
04-21-2005, 07:07 AM
thanks for the replys everybody... yeah.. still no email from at&t i guess ill head over to the store later today...

S14DB - we didnt even know he was messin with our phones.... i thought was was on his... that looked very similar... there are lots of different versions but similar looking versions of this motorola... plus im not sure if it was him or he got our numbers for somebody else.. or it could be another person.. i have no idea..

oh yeah... he called again last night..... :wackit: :cj: :ghey:

the head
04-21-2005, 07:31 AM
one of the single greatest things you can do in that instance is the trusty airhorn into the mic I use it on telemarketers it is really fun

revat619
04-21-2005, 08:12 AM
one of the single greatest things you can do in that instance is the trusty airhorn into the mic I use it on telemarketers it is really fun

hahahaha! :rofl: thats awesome!

I gotta remember to try that sometime! I CANT STAND telemarketers. :squint:

2JZGTE
04-21-2005, 03:03 PM

Damn great idea! Time to go get an airhorn.

S14DB
04-21-2005, 04:45 PM
*69 work on private calls?

Phlip
04-21-2005, 10:06 PM
No, and it isn't an option on wireless phones either, that is a landline feature

AlligatorBling
04-22-2005, 08:55 PM
:edit:
drinking.... a lot

nevermind

s14sILV
04-23-2005, 01:14 AM
go back to Reburtos pizza and try and get a name.. get some info..

SR240DET
04-23-2005, 01:41 AM
go back to Reburtos pizza and try and get a name.. get some info..

oh.. i know the lil punks name.... but im not sure its him....

at&t said all i can do i change my number... ill try the sheriffs office... and if they cant do anything ill just change my number...

nismo2491
04-23-2005, 12:13 PM
get some friends to help you "jump" him but don't actually hit him or anything, just grab his phone and see if either of your numbers are programmed in there. if they are proceed to kick his ass, or break the phone so he can't call you anymore, or just delete the numbers so he can't call anymore (don't forget to erase recent calls too).

infinitexsound
04-23-2005, 10:28 PM
go to the pizza store with a bunch of black friends... lol "not racist" but proceed to beat him with dildo's

ohnobigtdawg
04-26-2005, 07:33 PM
^ hahahaha beat him with dildos!~ hahah :bowrofl: