PDA

View Full Version : surty bond.

hmooblis
04-11-2005, 07:29 PM
i was given a car from a family member that is legit but he lost the title. the dmv personal told me that i can get a surty bond done to get the title. has anyone done this befor? its pretty striaght forward by getting the car appraised then paying 1.5 times the apprasied amount and get the title. the thing im confussed about is that after the apprasieal, you have to get to a bond company and get the bond from them. i went today and ask the dmv personal and they said that you go to them to get the bond to let the dmv know that your interested in the car. they also said that you pay the bond company 10% of the 1.5 times value so im guessing they pay for the title and you pay them back?and do you get a certain amount of refund back in 3 years? please help

Phlip
04-11-2005, 07:36 PM
That sounds like bullshit to me... A friend of mine bought a car from this dude who had bought it from this old lady and never changed the title to register and tag the car, lost the title in the meantime... The found the old lady, she signed a lost title form, my friend who was buying the car signed it and got it notarized, he took it to the DMV and they gave him his tag THAT day and sent off the title, which came back to his house a couple weeks later.

... but then, we live in NC and you reside in America's lower intestine, California.