PDA

View Full Version : hey norcal guys, how is the drift scene up there?

pruto
04-06-2005, 12:04 PM
just wondering how many events you guys have per month and where (track or parking lot?).

any good websites? does NCDA have one?

TurDz
04-06-2005, 12:10 PM
There are new Drift-day like events coming to Norcal every month starting in April or May. It's in cooperation with the NASA racing organization. It sounds really promising.

sr240mike
04-06-2005, 12:19 PM
Not to mention NCDA Night Drifting every other thursday.

Heartwork
04-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Al is working with NASA to do events every month (Drift Day style) so that should be promising....

my friends are doing Drift Day LLC Norcal up here very soon....

NCDA is planning to do it twice every month, but on a Thursday during RUSH HOUR traffic, and a 3rd gear into a 1st gear turn isnt too fun, but its the only "real track" up here that will happen regularly...

we just hope for NASA to bring back Turn 7 at Infineon Raceway :)

but before all of this, there was RARELY any drift events up here...maybe once per 1.5 months to 2 months or so....no really solid foundation up here yet

pruto
04-06-2005, 01:51 PM
hmm lol, damn =p

phrozen
04-06-2005, 11:50 PM
hopefully i can go tomorrow if i get rid of this fever

TRUENOCOUPE
04-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Ours is not tentative. We will host monthly events Drift Day style.

We already have 7 events scheduled for the whole year. We will host atleast 1-2 events at Sears Point this year. As long you guys show interest we will keep on doing events monthly, Doing events is taking away a lot of my time competing in drift competition.

Hope you guys will support our event and we will keep supporting norcals by having drift events.

www.private-events.net

-Al

ghostuss
04-07-2005, 03:05 PM
When is the next buttomwillow event AL? I am getting itchy to try buttonwillow again to see how much better I am than last time.

TRUENOCOUPE
04-07-2005, 03:27 PM
At first, I didn't want to do the NORCAL events since I knew a group was already doing this. Then I find out that they only have one schedule event, we need a constant monthly event here in Norcal. As the look of it right now, we are not going to have any Buttonwillow event until next year. Erik and I is going to dedicate our time to get the Norcal events going first.

If Norcal doesn't show interest then I don't need to waste my time and go back to Buttonwillow where I can actually have fun and drive. 20 drivers are fucking great.

-Al

MikeDeuce
04-07-2005, 06:13 PM
Next year? I can't wait that long to flip my car in the dirt!

infinitexsound
04-07-2005, 06:22 PM
word.... it sucks where i live is on the outskirts of the bay area.. only close track willing to hold drift events is infineon... but thats like a needle in the haystack.. i had to take the offer of moving to the 209 area for the summer... hoping being this closer to a track will greatly improve my skills..its good thing holding more events locally..keeps guys wanting to learn off the streets..

TRUENOCOUPE
04-07-2005, 06:46 PM
Next year? I can't wait that long to flip my car in the dirt!

We might have one of those 20 drivers only event on Weekdays as usual. Maybe.

hehehe

-Al

Drunk Bastard
04-07-2005, 07:53 PM
keep me posted!

MikeDeuce
04-07-2005, 08:40 PM
We might have one of those 20 drivers only event on Weekdays as usual. Maybe.

hehehe

-Al

:bowdown: