PDA

View Full Version : Goin to Japan!!! Any Tips???

gfisch
04-03-2005, 04:20 PM
Hey Guys,
Goin to Japan next month for a couple weeks. Got a conference there.
Anyone have any tips on what to do, where to go, etc?
Gonna be in Tokyo, Kyoto, & Takamatsu I think.

Hey, and what about test drives??
Any chance they'd let me take any cars for a spin if I stopped by a Nissan dealer???

Also, any chance of gettin cheap parts I can ship back? Or is that too much of a pain in the ass?

Thanks

Phlip
04-03-2005, 04:22 PM
Tip #1: Learn to speak Japanese

SochBAT
04-03-2005, 04:24 PM
Semimassen, ego-ga wakarimas-ca? I think thats right... "excuse me, do you understand english?" If they beat you down with ninja stars and nunchunkus, take it as a no.

If my sources are right, you should check out that ninja Hut! Train hard, and you too will become a ninja. I've heard awesome things about japan's electric district. the name slips my mind, but its always good to pick up parts. Up Garage should be first on your list. Since the exchange rate is pretty good, stock up, and resell in the states. You could also just hop on the wangan and catch a few night Walkers. Maybe even see Smokie!

aznpoopy
04-03-2005, 04:51 PM
Semimassen, ego-ga wakarimas-ca? I think thats right... "excuse me, do you understand english?"

that was terrible. :p

"sumimasen, eigo ga wakarimasu ka?"

the name of the electronics district you're thinking of is "akihabara."

i would assume to drive any car in japan you'd probably need some sort of japanese or international driver's license.

SilviaNinja240
04-03-2005, 04:52 PM
That's a lot of places to go to in Japan, sounds like you're gunna be pretty busy traveling all over the place.

you can rent a car when you are there. (if you have time) Be sure to pick up an international drivers lisence though.

As for cheap parts, you should probably bring some extra empty luggage. Much cheaper than mailing it back airmail.

AllenRPS13
04-03-2005, 05:07 PM
that was terrible. :p

"sumimasen, eigo ga wakarimasu ka?"

the name of the electronics district you're thinking of is "akihabara."

i would assume to drive any car in japan you'd probably need some sort of japanese or international driver's license.

are u japanese? your japanese is good!

"O'genki desu ka?"

Drift_Ladie
04-03-2005, 05:21 PM
hey i just got back from japan! it's cold when i went. haha bring a jacket and walking shoes... i know the northern area recently snowed pretty heavily... i went to super autobacs, you should visit there. lots of interesting stuff.... Ikebukuro i think, is around tokyo area.. it's a tourist attraction and it's has lots of stores to buy things. other places are.. asaksa(more traditional places) and ueno are popular places to visit.

haha i picked up a pair watanbe rs8 for 50 bucks at a used parts place and shipping back parts.. i flew united airlines and they let me bring my rims for free. security didn't stop and check either. welp have fun!

Drift_Ladie
04-03-2005, 05:25 PM
o yea... hahaha i went to akihabara. it's a cool place. should visit there too

Andrew Bohan
04-03-2005, 05:29 PM
you came back already? :)

gfisch
04-03-2005, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE=SilviaNinja240]
you can rent a car when you are there. (if you have time) Be sure to pick up an international drivers lisence though.
[QUOTE]

Yeah, Thtas what I heard.
Where can I pick one up??

domo arigato all (that right?? Im tryin)

aznpoopy
04-03-2005, 05:50 PM
are u japanese? your japanese is good!

"O'genki desu ka?"

genki desu! ^_^

no i'm not japanese. i took it in college and i went to japan one summer too.

it was definately alot of fun. my best advice is bring alot of cash; it gets expensive!

SochBAT
04-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Sorry for my crap ass Japanese. i only listened to the first 5 minutes of the CD. That and there isnt' much need to translate Moans and Screams in hentai. bring us back a JDm rock, and Ebay that shit for those JDM whores. And yea, those geisha "massage" parlors will drain your cash.

AllenRPS13
04-03-2005, 06:08 PM
haha, but japanese is ineresting, i also watch a lot of japanese animation!

SochBAT
04-03-2005, 06:13 PM
haha, but japanese is ineresting, i also watch a lot of japanese animation!

If i were to go to japan, i'd expect a little too much from jap Animation. Where are all the ninjas and samurais? Big Robots with superfun Seizure lights? Alien Rapists? To be realistic, cash doesn't make you the Man there as it would in other places. It'd make you a snobby American. And please, no Jackass antics. they dislike americans for doing so.

airsoft
04-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Everything is VERY EXPENSIVE.

Bring your wallet + visa + mastercard + cash + me

thanks

G_Fish240
04-04-2005, 12:59 AM
Shipping on big stuff would probably be a problem, small stuff no so much As far as renting cars, just ask the hotel or whoever you are staying with for a place. On a side note my name is Guy Fisher and people call me gfish as well....

sepulchral
04-04-2005, 11:20 AM
go to up garage and ask for Lop Sungh, tell him this "ree american hav uh BIggu penis"

sw20>>s14
04-04-2005, 09:15 PM
japans cool...went their a couple of summers ago. only place that gives me a sense of euphoria while at the same time spooking me out. cant explain it...think the grudge...anywho have fun and yes, stock up on money for anything...bowl of ramen runs about 7-9 bux...

"sau-des-nei". if your bored, go up to a girl and say "kawai desnei." (no i dont know japanese, so dont critique...)

citizen
04-04-2005, 10:01 PM
kawaii desu ne?

also be sure to order some bukkakke donburi, i hear its a real treat!

XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
04-05-2005, 12:56 AM
o yeh everytime u buy something, eat at a resteraunt, or wereever, there customer service is good but talk way too much. they tell u everlittle detail, like im going to ring it up, its gonna be this much nd this much cents, the tax is this nd that nd all this other crap wen u leave too, so when they start doing that juss say "chotto dammatte kurenaikana, sugei urusaindesukedo." other then that u can buy drinks nd alcohol on vending machines.

Andrew Bohan
04-05-2005, 02:06 AM
lmao, bukkake donburi.

while we're on the subject of fun things to order, try manko sarada. mmmm

XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
04-05-2005, 12:21 PM
manko sarada??/ hahahaha wtf

Tenchuu
04-05-2005, 01:32 PM
There's one thing you have to try, Go to a Curry place called Coco's and have a chicken cutlet curry, double portions, 400g rice, level 4, with cheese. That stuff's adictive like crack.

WanganRunner
04-05-2005, 01:35 PM
Japan in general isn't super expensive, but Tokyo is.

Kansai = teh win. Kobe is my favorite area, nice balance between cosmopolitan and wallet-friendly. Every single person in that city was just unbelievably nice to me too.

Listen, all you need to know how to say is this:

"Mizu Shobai wa doko desu ka?"
(People who are better at japanese, feel free to correct my spelling)

:keke:

SilviaNinja240
04-05-2005, 05:28 PM
manko sarada??/ hahahaha wtf

Let's not also forget the infamous, cream of sunyungai.

S14DB
04-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Let's not also forget the infamous, cream of sunyungai.
That's Chinese food.

ninshin shite imasu = I'm into cars
gei ga atsumaru basho wa doko desu ka=where is the local car shops
gei dori ga arimasu ka= is another way to ask
watashi wa seibyo=I feel happy today
watashi wa bempi desu=how are you?
ninshin shite iru to omoimasu=I feel like partying

ONEBAD240
04-05-2005, 07:46 PM
Look out for the LADIES!!!! :rolleyes:

SochBAT
04-05-2005, 10:56 PM
HAHA, now REALLY think about what's going to happen. Imagine he DOES say all we tell him. You'd get some MAD loving. but you gotta make sure you order yourself a bukkake doriburi. thats some MAD good shit.

Maeda
04-06-2005, 01:36 PM
Everything in japan runs off the honor system.
Theft is very very easy.

Don't drive its not worth it.

and 75% of all girls have an STD. Enjoy!

nissantuner22
04-06-2005, 01:45 PM
75%, sounds like high school

S14DB
04-06-2005, 01:48 PM
75%, sounds like high school
yeah, It's 75% of girls under 18. Find some weird info when searching for travel info.

nissantuner22
04-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Thats an alarming statistic though. I mean, theres already a crap load more guys than girls. So when you do meet one you like, chances are there's a little sour cream on the taco. Nasty.

S14DB
04-06-2005, 02:01 PM
Get some Pocari Sweat while you're there.

420sx
04-06-2005, 02:49 PM
Hey Guys,
Goin to Japan next month for a couple weeks. Anyone have any tips on what to do,

Thanks

get some pussy

Maeda
04-06-2005, 09:02 PM
get some pussy

As long as its older then 18 and put a hat on just in case. =p

gfisch
04-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Hehe, damn I wish I understood japanese
Guess i gotta start practicin

thanks fer the tips, looks like i could have a lotta of fun (or get myself in a lotta trouble) there

im definitely psyched to go

thanx

RSP13-Sideways
04-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Yea learn Japanese otherwise you're not going to get anywhere hahaha...

I was there for 1/2 year studying abroad at Meiji Gakuin University, I was staying in Totsuka. I was pretty much in Yokohama though...anyway....there are tons of stores for you to visit....

check out..hrmmmm....Ueno, good motorcycle stuff there....I was there shopping for my Yamaha R1, Odaiba is cool to visit, it's the futuristic city......there are tons of UpGarages and SuperAutobacs spread across the greater Yokohama area........

I went to Chiba and got lost there for a good day......went to UpGarage and almost died......KeiOffice Pillowball mounts for $50, Watanabe RS-8's 3-Piece for $100 (for set) :eek3d:

If you do get a car and want to tour around, go to Hokkaido, summer time is best! Trust me, you'll love it.

anyway....I was there with my girlfriend which is 1/2 Japanese and 1/2 Irish, she spoke all the Japanese hahahaha, I just know common things.....Hejimimashte, Jay des, dozo yoroshiku! ahahhahahahhahahahaha :duh:

Here are some pictures from my trip....

Notice the Motorcycles in the background? Yeaaaaa I'm kickin it in Ueno.
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/images/threads/000/035/311/508333-gtr34white.jpg

This was in Odaiba! SICKKKKK, they had the whole lineup of Toyota there...from full race to relatively stock cars.
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/images/threads/000/035/311/508406-dscn0698.jpg

This S15 was near where I was staying, the owner abused the hell outta it. Muddy ass shoes, the rear left quarter panel was hit and dented....basically beat down......love the stock look though....
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/images/threads/000/035/311/513591-dscn0792.jpg

ENJOY YOUR TRIP MOST OF ALL, TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES! ;)

nistech
04-08-2005, 08:30 PM
i wanna go to japan but i heard everything is so expensive
i keep going to europe instead