PDA

View Full Version : AmerIdol Bull...

240speed
03-30-2005, 07:41 PM
After watching my third or fourth episode of American Idol ever, I've concluded that it sucks dick! What the hell... I mean this show is suppose to be a singing comp. but it's a fucking popularity comp. nothing more. All of these lil' teenage girls fuck it up for the people that can really sing. At least fox is making some money.....

ohnobigtdawg
03-30-2005, 07:50 PM
there you go... its the money... hot girls= lots of viewers, lots of viewers= lots of money..

revat619
03-30-2005, 08:25 PM
seriously man, the music industry today sucks. You dont have to ANY talent to make it. And those of us that do, have to change our entire image just to sell a record. Screw that! its so retarded i swear. Hence the reason why i would never pursue a musical career....well in the r&b category anyway....

420sx
03-30-2005, 08:44 PM
yea no talent is the problem... good example ashley simson. stupid whore

240speed
03-30-2005, 08:52 PM
yea no talent is the problem... good example ashley simson. stupid whore

Yeah for real... that bitch sucks. She can't sing a lick. All she's doing is riding her sis's coat tails. Her show sucks too BTW. Every time it comes on I want to throw something at the TV.

m0rex
03-30-2005, 09:00 PM
I had a friend who went on it Simon told her she was too fat. :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

zaneithan
03-30-2005, 09:11 PM
whats so different between this and modern music? just about everything mainstream is talentless bullshit, example as given above, ashley simpson or bands like simple plan and good charlotte

o240isxf0304
03-30-2005, 09:29 PM
good music is music made when high. example the doors, led zep, 70's aerosmith, GnR etc.

SimpleSexy180
03-30-2005, 09:46 PM
the american idol winners contracts sux too they'll be slaves in the industry for awhile

Phlip
03-30-2005, 10:50 PM
good music is music made when high. example the doors, led zep, 70's aerosmith, GnR etc.
... Hendrix (narcotics slurry, if one will) Miles Davis, John Coltrane (both heroin) Rick James (anything on the fucking table) and the list goes on

sideviewcivic
03-30-2005, 11:11 PM
haha. it seems something other then catchy words and a beat, must be changed to make it in the industry. Make good songs Dr. dre old stuff still gets mad playback in my car along with alice in chains.

kazuo
03-30-2005, 11:19 PM
I had a friend who went on it Simon told her she was too fat. :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

USELESS w/o pics.

As far as American Karaoke goes.. that show is crap.

theronin
03-31-2005, 12:08 AM
After watching my third or fourth episode of American Idol ever, I've concluded that it sucks dick! What the hell... I mean this show is suppose to be a singing comp. but it's a fucking popularity comp. nothing more. All of these lil' teenage girls fuck it up for the people that can really sing. At least fox is making some money.....

you watch american idol? :goyou:

mrmephistopheles
03-31-2005, 12:10 AM
Video Killed the Radio Star.

Write that down.

Phlip
03-31-2005, 06:45 AM
Video Killed the Radio Star.

Write that down.
Commerce killed the radio quality

listen to CDs

boosteds13
03-31-2005, 08:11 AM

A friend of mine sings folk rock and they told her before she ever had a chance she had to lose weight. WTF? I thought singing was about voices?

Phlip
03-31-2005, 08:21 AM
Actually the show is about making a marketable star, so yes it is a popularity contest more than it is a showcase of talent...
"But Phillip, Ruben Studdard won and he was fat," you say, to which I will reply that fat men will always be sellable in comparison to women. Will the MOST talented person win? Of course not, but that in no way will suggest that the producers of the show are getting any less than what they were seeking, which is a platform to push themselves into guaranteed record sales, ad revenue for the network for everyone wanting to advertise during the show and providing Cingular with the means of paying my paycheck on the millions of text messages you people are sending to vote.
</soapbox>

HyperTek
03-31-2005, 08:24 AM
that show is for kids and teens...

Phlip
03-31-2005, 08:39 AM
... and women

boosteds13
03-31-2005, 09:23 AM
... and women

True... my mom is 49 and loves that show. Why? I don't know...

s13silady
03-31-2005, 11:06 AM
i just watch it to watch simon... he sez some f*cked up sh*t... he ownes.

ruthlesstyper
03-31-2005, 10:11 PM
it took you 3 to 4 episodes to figure this out?

Phlip
03-31-2005, 10:14 PM
it took you 3 to 4 episodes to figure this out?
yeah, because the absolute horribleness of the performances in the first 2-3 weeks sees Simon crushing those delusional motherfuckers' dreams and THAT is entertaining.

wootwoot
03-31-2005, 10:55 PM
Killed the radio star and made the video star. To be a video star requirements=hot. If you have talent it can help somewhat

balmo
03-31-2005, 11:10 PM
i hate american idol. good thing i only have aerial antenna in my apt, i dont get fox.

240speed
04-01-2005, 02:50 PM
yeah, because the absolute horribleness of the performances in the first 2-3 weeks sees Simon crushing those delusional motherfuckers' dreams and THAT is entertaining.

yeah the beginning is ok. Simon slams people and that is funny. Then it just fucking sucks after that.

West
04-02-2005, 10:18 AM
Commerce killed the radio quality

listen to CDs

Internet (MP3) Killed the Music Industry.

drift freaq
04-02-2005, 10:43 AM
no actually Mark , the record companies and clear channel killed the music industry. Its actually not dead yet Independant labels are thriving and making money . Its the majors that are going down the tubes.
first thing that lead to the death knell was the majors insistence on squeezing maximum profits out of every cd they sold i.e. selling them for 16.99 when they could have easily sold them for 11.99 and still made money. To try and cover their bases in that area they added more tracks. Back in the day the average record was a 8-10 song deal. Now the average cd is 12-16 songs and most of it sucks.
Second thing the majors did was let the bean counters take over the companies i.e. only interested in the bottom dollar amount . Meaning they looked to sign only acts that could sell 4 million records plus out of the gate and they put a 4 million dollar marketing blitz behind these acts to make sure they sold.
Crap music actually will sell the to the average person if they are bombarded with advertising for it.
All of this gave rise to downloads while not actually killing the industry like the majors would have everyone believe downloads do affect the business but not nearly as much as they want you to think.
Finally clear channel with their radio station monopoly, try over 1200 stations in all the Major metropolitan markets!!! Who has one person programming for the entire country compiling 8 song playlists and all you hear is constant crap. over and over again all day long.

Phlip
04-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Long story short, the industry committed suicide

holisticbeatz
04-02-2005, 06:50 PM

Everybody should thank Al Gore..

drift freaq
04-02-2005, 09:06 PM
oh ya but don't get me wrong I am against illegal downloads i.e. Kaazaa and such. Why? Because in peoples claims that they are only righting a wrong the Major label record companies have pulled on them they are actually ripping off the artists as well. Two wrongs do not make a right!!
Download all you want as long as you give the artist compensation for his efforts. Its that simple and thats why Itunes works and why Napster is trying to develop something similar.

240speed
04-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Everybody should thank Al Gore..

THat dude sucks....thank God plastic man didnt win the presidency a few years back

Yoshi
04-05-2005, 10:18 AM
THat dude sucks....thank God plastic man didnt win the presidency a few years back

I'm at a loss for any semblence of intellectual thought in this post and the one it refers do... are we saying that because Gore was a proponent for technological advancement (ie the internet) that we can blame him? WTF is that?
Thomas Jefferson owned slaves... therefore all black people can feel justified in hating him forever right? oh, or how about this one: California and NY have the strictest emission laws in the US, therefore the rest of the country is destroying the world and should not be allowed to own internal combustion transportation.

Welcome to 6th grade political analysis... read as: batshit statements that make no sense.

Phlip
04-05-2005, 10:30 AM
Thomas Jefferson owned slaves... therefore all black people can feel justified in hating him forever right?
No, we hate him because the very fact that he owned slaves was a very ironic statement of how much a fucking hypocrite he was:
"All men are created equal"?
Ever heard of Sally Hemmings?
</angry black man rant>

... you guys can have this thread back now

Yoshi
04-05-2005, 10:34 AM
No, we hate him because the very fact that he owned slaves was a very ironic statement of how much a fucking hypocrite he was:
"All men are created equal"?
Ever heard of Sally Hemmings?
</angry black man rant>

... you guys can have this thread back now

hehee, crap, I guess i worded that badly... stupidity statements, that was my point.
Batshit. :p

OT to begin with tho you're right.
on topic!
American Idol sux, but I support them cuz my friends do the main website and most of the artists that get anywhere. American Idol keeps my friends employed, so yay American Marketting... I mean Idol.

MakotoS13
04-05-2005, 10:56 AM
uh oh, here goes another infamous racial debate! lemme git ma' helmit own!

Phlip
04-05-2005, 11:00 AM
No, Doug, I gave the thread back this time

MakotoS13
04-05-2005, 12:50 PM
crap crap crap crap on you all.

Yoshi
04-06-2005, 12:02 PM
wow, maybe Zilvia IS maturing... I thought for sure that would've escalated... maybe if I bait Phlip a bit? hahaha

Hey phlip, japanese americans are better than african americans!
OOOOoooo BURN! heh... hey, where did the "rolls-eyes" emoticon go?

hhahaaha... yay for all of you for making this a more mature forum tho, seriously. I'm really happy that there is a better vibe around zilvia lately, less flaming, more newbs actually looking things up and making intelligent posts. Let's keep it up!

Phlip
04-06-2005, 09:37 PM
wow, maybe Zilvia IS maturing... I thought for sure that would've escalated... maybe if I bait Phlip a bit? hahaha

Hey phlip, japanese americans are better than african americans!
OOOOoooo BURN! heh... hey, where did the "rolls-eyes" emoticon go?

*snip maturity shit*
Actually, WE were never placed into concentration camps during wars, remember "relocation camps" in WWII?

Yoshi
04-07-2005, 12:24 AM
Actually, WE were never placed into concentration camps during wars, remember "relocation camps" in WWII?

hell ya, I got kicked out of history class 10yrs ago for PHLIPin my desk over cuz of that BS. We had these scholastic aptitude tests that dictate how much funding the school would get, one of the questions was,
"Why did the United States form the 'Internment Camps'?"

There was no right answer.

The answer they WANTED me to pick was:
"To protect the Japanese-Americans"

Horse Shit. That's why there was razor wire around the perimeter and machine gun towers with the .50 cals pointed inward. If you tried to leave you got shot. If you didn't join the military, you were prosecuted. All your posessions and land were taken away...

oh dammit, now look what you made me do... I'm all OT again damn u :P