PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Cochran is dead?

zero.counter
03-29-2005, 04:21 PM
Interesting bit of news. I t will headline shortly for any who care or are the least bit interested.

If a certain person posts, I guarantee this thread will :lockd: unfortunately...

autobahNESSA
03-29-2005, 04:29 PM
How did you find out if it didn't headline yet? How old was he? His show was pretty funny.

RJF
03-29-2005, 04:30 PM
Just broke on FoxNews

sw20>>s14
03-29-2005, 04:44 PM
hmmm...what happened? whenever i think about him, all i can see is the lawyer from seinfeld.

Chernobyl
03-29-2005, 04:51 PM
sw20, I get the same image in my head!

ALTRNTV
03-29-2005, 04:55 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050329/ap_on_re_us/obit_cochran

wootwoot
03-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Death es sucky; "So it goes."

Phlip
03-29-2005, 05:22 PM
They say death comes in threes, that chick in Florida is next, then who?

MakotoS13
03-29-2005, 05:25 PM
hey look a man that made millions from gettin a murderer off the hook.

good riddance.

Phlip
03-29-2005, 05:28 PM
Doug, I am disagreeing with you this time...
That man put the police beating the shit out of innocent people in their places, most often not collecting a DIME until the civil cases were settled, he took most pride in doing those things, and in fact went out of his way to not discuss his higher profile clients, recently refusing the cases that would have paid him big cash because he didn't wanna fuck with those people

matlock
03-29-2005, 06:04 PM
How did you find out if it didn't headline yet? How old was he? His show was pretty funny.

That just might be Johnny Carson, and unfortunately he has also passed away. Search threads in OT if you are interested.

AlligatorBling
03-29-2005, 06:07 PM
They say death comes in threes, that chick in Florida is next, then who?

the judge or either her husband, more thank likely at the hands of a crazy activist.

HyperTek
03-29-2005, 07:08 PM
thats crazy, he became a household name too...

91CRXsiR
03-29-2005, 07:20 PM
that sucks that he will be remembered as the guy who got OJ off

Phlip
03-29-2005, 07:54 PM
that sucks that he will be remembered as the guy who got OJ off
And that is a fact that has bugged the PISS out of me since 1997, when he represented Elmer "Geronimo" Pratt, who had spent the previous 27 years of his life in prison for murder, while the whole time all proved medical and DNA evidence had proven that he COULDN'T have committed the murder he was in for, while all courts simply ignored all appeals because he was an ex-black panther... The fact that a high-profile Johnnie Cochran would take that case to his grave as what he sees as his greatest personal acheivement, in a case that had to make him a fraction of what OJ payed him is why he will be missed. Everyone is really quick to say "he got a murderer off, fuck him" and completely neglect the shit that he actually has done... LAPD PUT OJ off, Johnnie Cochran just did the job put forth to him, proving that he was not "guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt," he created or explained that shadow.

Var
03-29-2005, 08:05 PM
This is an outrage!

BSeay
03-29-2005, 08:09 PM
sucks that he is dead, damn i wanna be that good of a lawyer when im older....

BoaConChicken
03-29-2005, 09:53 PM
"so if chewbacca was a wookie, the why'd he live on endor... this does not make sense. you must aquit." Johnny Cochran-south park

OptionZero
03-29-2005, 10:01 PM
thats trippy! i just did a presentation not two weeks ago on a supreme court casing involving him...

madwilly240
03-29-2005, 10:06 PM
hahaha i picture the seinfeld guy too.....

and the southpark thing

kazuo
03-30-2005, 02:31 AM
So as to not bastardize the "Chewbacca Defense," I shall refer you all to wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewbacca_Defense

And, as far as Mr. Cochran is concerned, he helped a murderer stay out of jail. For once I agree with Makaki. Good riddance.

evilimport
03-30-2005, 03:18 AM
And, as far as Mr. Cochran is concerned, he helped a murderer stay out of jail. For once I agree with Makaki. Good riddance.
Same here!

mjjstang
03-30-2005, 05:47 AM
actually the threes is happening after terry sheivo (sp?) Watching the news this morning was three headlines, cochran, sheivo, earthquake, and im like shit, in order to make any headlines someone has to die or something,

orion::S14
03-30-2005, 07:55 AM
And, as far as Mr. Cochran is concerned, he helped a murderer stay out of jail...

Agreed 100%.

No matter what or how much good he did (as per PHILIP's posts above)...OJ is certainly not innocent, and Cochran helped to set him free, just to make a buck.

- Brian

the head
03-30-2005, 09:52 AM
He got a murderer off...so what! how many lawers are out there right now making dollars getting the guilty off the hook?

The lawers that orchistrate class action lawsuits are the true problem anyways they keep huge percentages of the settlements as "legal fees" and state that they have done the community a great justice...yeah raising a companies cost of operation which in turn gets passed on to the consumer anyways while you line your own pockets you really helped me out! thanks but no thanks you dick.

Back to cochran he was a great lawer and did a lot for not a lot of dough.

I am just pissed cuz i wont be able to hire him when i kill my GF ;)

Phlip
03-30-2005, 10:00 AM
He got a murderer off...so what! how many lawers are out there right now making dollars getting the guilty off the hook?

The lawers that orchistrate class action lawsuits are the true problem anyways they keep huge percentages of the settlements as "legal fees" and state that they have done the community a great justice...yeah raising a companies cost of operation which in turn gets passed on to the consumer anyways while you line your own pockets you really helped me out! thanks but no thanks you dick.

Back to cochran he was a great lawyer and did a lot for not a lot of dough.

I am just pissed cuz i wont be able to hire him when i kill my GF ;)
I agree a million percent (except for killing your girlfriend, OJ was the last criminal trial he did)

... and I won't delve into my feelings on OJ

cfrost
09-11-2005, 01:33 PM
whoa it's strange how a celeb can die and it just slips by then you hear about a it a lot later :-/

RIP JCOCK!

sr240mike
09-11-2005, 02:04 PM
6 month old thread........

S14DB
09-11-2005, 02:18 PM
whoa it's strange how a celeb can die and it just slips by then you hear about a it a lot later :-/

RIP JCOCK!
WTF? this thread is old. Stop posting in old threads or you will be dealt with. :keke: