PDA

View Full Version : Hello from all of us at The Speed Factor

TheSpeedFactor
03-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Helllllloooooooooooooooo Zilvia.

Hey folks, my name is Martin. I am the sales director and COO of The Speed Factor. We are new to the board but not to your cars :2f2f:

I hope this is the appropriatte section, i just wanted to take a moment to introduce us as new site sponsors. :wavey:

We are a northern Virginia based performance company oriented in everything turbo from Japan. Our business focuses on building 4cylinders into the V8 menacing monsters they were bread to be. IF you’re 240 isn’t boosted then bring it on by and we’ll show you the greatness that engine was made for.

We are all about building the complete performance vehicle. We are firm believers in helping our customers step by step to make sure they get what they want the first time because we know how important your cars are to you and how hard everyone works to afford to keep them.

We are here to help and be active supporting members in the community. We are not here to throw out some group buys, make a couple of bucks and leave. We are here to offer our services, resources and experience. We offer only the best names in the business, brands like Precision, Tein, Apex, Tanabe, D2, Kaaz and much more. We also offer products of our own that are specifically designed for each application.

Some of you know us already from dealing with us and others may know of us by ear. We love what we do and we are pretty damn good at it too.

You can expect to see us competing in drift events around the mid Atlantic and east coast and with our team we plan on making a strong impact on the scene. We have some of the friendliest most knowledgeable people in the business so we encourage folks to come to us even if you just need a little help.

I invite you all to check out our website at www.thespeedfactor.com or come by the new shop some day where we install and service anything we sell. We also offer onsite tire services such as mounting and balancing. We have a new website going up soon so if you don't see something you are interested in give us a call and we will be happy you help.

Thank you all for your time and we really look forward to working with each and every one of you.

Thanks for the space and Happy Boosting.

Martin Ruiz
Operations Officer
Sales Director
The Speed Factor

Silverbullet
03-25-2005, 08:19 PM
hawt.

i've seen some of the DSMs they've done.. wow. really makes u wonder where the limit for 4 cylinders really is. i can't wait for their 240 products to come out.

AlligatorBling
03-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Martin, like the show.... mar annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

TheSpeedFactor
03-25-2005, 08:30 PM
hahaha yeah, that was one of my favorite shows back in the day.

thanks silver bullet.

Also it was just brought to my attention that our banner doesn't lead you to the correct site. ours is thespeedfactor.com so just add the "the" and you will be good to go.

=)

BillKlineVT
03-25-2005, 08:59 PM
:bow: Hey Martin, good to see you guys are finally getting into non-passively advertising to the 240sx community!

For all of you that don't know, these guys have unbelievable deals on turbos from Precision and Garrett, etc. They also can hook you up on deals with anything else, for sure.

Martin... will the new site have an online "shopping cart" feature? I think that will really help you guys out. (It will make your life easier too not having to manually order stuff too). Anyway, I'm sure you know that, just hoping that that's part of your new site.

TheSpeedFactor
03-25-2005, 09:23 PM
thansk for the words billklinetv, our site now has an online shopping cart, there are a few sections that don't have it up just yet but the new one will have a new cart as well.

boosteds13
03-26-2005, 09:07 AM
I remember the kick ass FMIC they sold for the DSMs... I believe they resold it from ADFX but it was a lot cheaper...

Fastback180
03-26-2005, 09:22 AM
Our business focuses on building 4cylinders into the V8 menacing monsters they were bread to be.

I'am intrigued in your way to combine 2 four cylinders into a menacing V8.
We've got an extra CA laying around. I just might make a VA18DETT
:naughtyd:

Just kidding bro. Good to see a nice NoVA company is opening up.
I'll be looking foward to doing business with you guys.

Ohh, and when I come back to the states next month or so, could buy straight off of you guys?

-Matt

TheSpeedFactor
03-26-2005, 02:23 PM
boostedS13- Thanks man. Those kits were amazing. Unfortunately ADFX couldn't keep up and they closed down but we are hard at work on new ones. We are also exploring using the same system on some 240sx kits that will kick ass.

Fastback- thanks for the support. We have been in business for well over a year now and it just seemed like the right time to make our mark on the local scene. We will not be another one of the fly by night shops that plagues our area but instead we are strongly commited to offering the best customer service with the best solutions to fit each of your needs. I look forward to working with you.

xS1LV1Ax
03-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Wow. I really should be in this thread too :p. Hey guys. Just saying hello. We at thespeedfactor welcome you to check out the site and ask away with all the questions you have.

BillKlineVT - Bill put your 2871 on.... NOW!!!!

Fastback180 - Matt whats up man. Sure you can buy parts from us when you get home ;).

240Driver39
03-26-2005, 03:56 PM
Bout time slackers...Buy some stuff from these guys! haha

boosteds13
03-26-2005, 05:24 PM
boostedS13- Thanks man. Those kits were amazing. Unfortunately ADFX couldn't keep up and they closed down but we are hard at work on new ones. We are also exploring using the same system on some 240sx kits that will kick ass.

Good! Offer us something other than the crappy tube/fin bolt-on kits from the big manufacturers who overcharge! At least with the 240 you don't have to worry about short-route piping through the radiator support and 180° bends around the radiator and whatnot so it should be rather easy to design.

boosteds13
03-26-2005, 05:26 PM
BTW, that a nice price you guys have on the 2871R. I might be hitting you up on that in the not too distant future.

nismo2491
03-27-2005, 10:50 AM
yoohoo speedfactor... what is up mange.
KEvin

TheSpeedFactor
03-28-2005, 08:45 AM
nismo- lol, what's up man.

boostedS13- We have been thinking about making one for the 240 market. It's one of those "if you ask for it we will build it" type deals. We would be happy to offer one.

publicenemy137
03-28-2005, 09:46 AM
Finally a shop in NoVA that knows how to work on 240s competantly!

TheSpeedFactor
03-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Finally a shop in NoVA that knows how to work on 240s competantly!

:bow: Jonathan has been thinking about all kinds of crazy shit too so we are hoping to bring alot of new product to the table along with our experience and resources.

nismo2491
03-28-2005, 02:01 PM
don't even act like you don't know me man!!!! drunk as fuck in what's his names basement (used to have a lightning guy) when the cops showed up, like last march.
KEvin

TheSpeedFactor
03-28-2005, 02:09 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Kevin, what's up dude! lol. Good times man. good times. just remembers, what happens there, stays there. :coold:

nismo2491
03-29-2005, 11:18 AM
yeah I know.....

TheSpeedFactor
03-31-2005, 09:55 AM
so folks, i got a question for you. I know that the 240 market has a pretty strong aftermarket by the "brand names" but we are thinking about making specialty products for your cars. We are exploring the idea of the following:

1. Full FMIC kits:W/ complete piping
2. Turbo Kits: GT, T3/T4 based kits for SR or KA
3. Bolt-On turbos: We re considering creating a cast housing to accomidate Garrett turbos to stock manifold and O2 housing. yes that's right, we can do it.
4. Suspension Components: We are considering production of more affordable suspension components that would be made right here in the USA.

these are just a few of the things we are considering. Please give us as much feed back as you can. This is where we put the ball in your court so help us out and give us as much feedback as possible. :coold:

mjjstang
03-31-2005, 10:03 AM
well the suspension peaks my interest, I am in dire need of suspension so ive been looking around, although there are many of them out there already pretty cheap so it may be hard to stay competitive but it would be sweet,

TheSpeedFactor
03-31-2005, 10:27 AM
well form what i have seen the ones that are out there for "cheap" are just that. Compared to the Kazama's, Tanabes and such they are not all that great. I know there are some that are nice but for the most part not very impressive.

TheSpeedFactor
03-31-2005, 12:55 PM
wow tough crowd. no feed back???

boosteds13
03-31-2005, 01:07 PM
wow tough crowd. no feed back???

I say go for the FMIC kits...

Explain a little more on the whole "bolt on housings". We can already use the GT series like the 2871R using the T25 footprint housing.

Albeit a small group, I wish someone would cater to the CA guys. They have nothing in terms of bolt on parts and everything has to be slightly modified :( It's hard finding items such as headgaskets, STBs and cold pipes for FMIC kits,

TheSpeedFactor
03-31-2005, 02:04 PM
boosteds13- can you elaborate on what you mean in reference to the CA guys?

Our intercooler kits would use a bar and plate core, most likely cast end tanks (for stregth and quality), aluminum piping, 4ply couplers and t bolt clamps. Kits we have done have gone into the 600whp range and kicked ass the whole way there.

As far as the "bolt-on" Turbos: We have the ability to creat a cast exhuast housing that would allow us to offer SR20DET tuners anything from t3/t4 turbos in just about any trim; 50trim, 60-1 etc... or even full GT3071, GT3067, GT35R etc..... and they would all bolt up to stock SR manifold and outlet pipe.

This does incur one hell of an upfront cost but if the demand is there we can do it. Imagine being able to bolt up just about any Garrett turbocharger to your stock setup. Being a DSM guy i can tell you, that kind of option is amazing.

Please keep the questions/feedback coming.

aa87
03-31-2005, 02:15 PM
CA guys = guys rocking Ca18DETS, another motor availible for our cars, but often less looked at.

dont forget the KA24 guys.

boosteds13
03-31-2005, 02:25 PM
boosteds13- can you elaborate on what you mean in reference to the CA guys?

Sure...

As for the headgaskets, there are no suppliers in the US that stock any CA internal parts such as these.

In regards to the strut tower bars, the CA intake manifold sits higher than the KA or SR so the braces do not clear it. The bars that fit usually have a bend in them right near the manifold so it fits.

And as for the cold pipe, the CA motor throttle body is positioned like the S14 SRs. Here is a pic of what I mean...
http://www.cannonball-r.com/112-1208_IMG.JPG

You can see the TB location and the STB bend like I was talking about.

TheSpeedFactor
03-31-2005, 02:29 PM
Hahaha I thought CA meant California.

Oh and we love the KA. I think it is probably one of the most under appreciated engines out there. HP is nice and all but torque is where it’s. Also I’d take 2.4 liters over 2.0 any day. My 4g63 will soon be a 4g64 so I am right there with you guys.

We are considering a KA-t kit but to be honest with you guys with everyone looking for cheap parts like these SSA kits it makes it hard to justify the money that goes into R&D for something that people wouldn't pay for :rolleyes: . We don't believe in cheap alternatives. We do it right the first time because you have to pay to play and the kit we would make would set a new standard :rawk:

We are also working on getting lightweight vavletrain bundles made. When made to rev higher the KA I think would really start kicking some ass. A lightweight valve train will also allow for better flow and faster engine performance.

skatanic28
03-31-2005, 07:10 PM
i would definately be interested in a fmic kit as well.

also...how about a customizable exhaust system? you can choose the muffler/resonator/piping size combo. make it nice and interchangeable so the production costs can be a bit lower. im sure theres others out there that are sick of the current options out on the market right now.

Silverbullet
04-01-2005, 08:00 AM
3. Bolt-On turbos: We re considering creating a cast housing to accomidate Garrett turbos to stock manifold and O2 housing. yes that's right, we can do it.

i think this would be a great idea... currently the most popular turbo upgrade for a tipical SR user is probably the T28 from the S15. Mainly the reason for that is because its a simple bolt on. Unfortunately... it really isn't that big of a turbo... if there was something that was 50 or 60 trim... it would be great to have such a turbo that would bolt right on without having to deal with getting new manifold, down pipe and intercooler setup.

TheSpeedFactor
04-01-2005, 09:08 AM
that is funny because berty and i were just talking about the benefit of using sleeves vs. flanges and how it would allow for more options in exhaust components. if you have any detailed recommendations or have a preference please feel free to e-mail me. [email protected]