PDA

View Full Version : R34 electronic Differential???

autobahNESSA
03-24-2005, 09:34 AM
Ok, I have a R34 rear diff that is available to me. Based on research I've done, it is a clutch type lsd that is electronically controlled. However, I cannot find any more information on it. I cant figure out how it is electronically controlled.
For me to have full lock, do I feed it 12v? or is it something that runs off of less voltage. Can I wire in a on off switch, that will keep it open during normal driving and then feed it power when I want full lock?
If anyone has any information, please share.

Mike Wazowski
03-24-2005, 10:10 AM
Ok, I have a R34 rear diff that is available to me. Based on research I've done, it is a clutch type lsd that is electronically controlled. However, I cannot find any more information on it. I cant figure out how it is electronically controlled.
For me to have full lock, do I feed it 12v? or is it something that runs off of less voltage. Can I wire in a on off switch, that will keep it open during normal driving and then feed it power when I want full lock?
If anyone has any information, please share.
I was watching some truck show on SPEED and it showed a truck electronic locking differential controlled by a vacuum. Sorry I don't know if that's any help. Maybe I just made myself look stupid. Oh well it was worth a try.

the head
03-24-2005, 10:16 AM
AFAIK there is a little gold box that controls the diff if you have the little gold box LSD and wiring diag you may have a shot at figureing it out but also you have to think how you are going to put it into your car and that may be the really difficult part

Jeff240sx
03-24-2005, 10:54 AM
I am talking out my ass.. but aren't the electronic portions only used to provide power between front and rear wheels?
Seems that a clutch-type differential can't get any benefit from electronic input at all.
Again.. I haven't looked or even talked about that diff before.. so I may be way off.
-Jeff

OptionZero
03-24-2005, 11:12 AM
I thought the whole GTR system split power not only forward and back but left and right...but...i know nothing..