PDA

View Full Version : Grave Diggers in the "cars for Sale" section

beavis360
03-20-2005, 08:05 AM
What can be done about the grave diggers in the cars for sale section? The people that go into the section and search "S14" and reply to every single post putting threads from a year ago in the front.

ThatGuy
03-20-2005, 08:29 AM
Nothing can be done about it. Sorry.

Phlip
03-20-2005, 12:31 PM
I say we go to their houses and beat the fucking brakes off of them if they bump threads like that... C'mon Barry, I got some time off work coming in april

Andrew Bohan
03-20-2005, 04:54 PM
how about every thread in the for sale section gets closed after 3 months

Phlip
03-20-2005, 08:38 PM
^^^ Good idea, I agree with that one, it allows time for a thread to ramp up and wear down beyond all of the "thanks guys, I have sold (insert item here) already" posts and shit

NoRider
03-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Ya sorry i was one of the grave diggers... didn't mean to, didn't see the dates of when they were made... But to keep that from happening, why don't u guys just delete them?? I mean if no reply is made for 30 days, then close the post?? I mean if its really important people will make em again. and ya sorry again for bringing up all those old posts :-/

Phlip
03-21-2005, 10:21 PM
Because the moderators are not paid, they have jobs and schools to attend to, some even juggle this with children and wives and other shit... They expect common fuggin sense to rule the forum in cases where it should, like when EVERY post is applied with a time and date stamp, based upon that individual user's preference on how that time will show

zero.counter
03-21-2005, 11:08 PM
What can be done about the grave diggers in the cars for sale section? The people that go into the section and search "S14" and reply to every single post putting threads from a year ago in the front.
Why are you and others (the don't revive old thread gang) bothered by such trivial shit? The threads are still there, so they are fair game...whether someone read the date or not. Just continue lurking...:ugh:

I have to admit, I like the Grave digger label however. Some people must find other things to do in their lives if they are perturbed by a post in a forum. :coold:

Andrew Bohan
03-21-2005, 11:13 PM
i got it! if someone revives a thread that hasn't had activity for more than 3 months, their user label is changed to grave digger for 3 months. w00t.
they don't lose any privileges or anything, but everyone knows they're a grave digger and will hate them.

zero.counter
03-21-2005, 11:15 PM
i got it! if someone revives a thread that hasn't had activity for more than 3 months, their user label is changed to grave digger for 3 months. w00t.
they don't lose any privileges or anything, but everyone knows they're a grave digger and will hate them.
:w00t: :bowrofl:
Good suggestion...