PDA

View Full Version : fawk Raggaeton

HyperTek
03-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Man why does this crap get play on BET Rap City?? I dont get it... its not even rap or hiphop.. it sounds soo different.. not even black! why do they even play it on hip hop radio stations?? Just becuase some rapper might have joined with some other people to create it, doesnt mean its rap.. its completely spanish.. not even in english dude! Im not hating on the music, Its got more rythem then Lil John and anything Crunk. But it doesnt really go with being on hip hop related shows

dam music these days, people will like a song just cuz it gets play.... reason why I dont really listen to the radio anymore..

ruthlesstyper
03-18-2005, 06:38 PM
oo hell nah. u did not just say that...

s13silady
03-18-2005, 07:11 PM
oo hell nah. u did not just say that...

hahaha
:bowrofl:

Phlip
03-18-2005, 08:51 PM
As a lifelong Reggae listener, I cannot say that listening to someone chatter in spanish over a reggae beat is entertaining in the least little bit, in fact I HATE that shit

HyperTek
03-18-2005, 09:03 PM
I dont hate the music, it just doesnt belong on english channels and broadcasts if the whole song is in spanish... Shouldnt even be on anything about hiphop. Yah it will work on dance stations, but not hip hop!

kingsol
03-18-2005, 09:15 PM
it doesn't belong anywhere. it's mind numbing. thinking and music no longer get along.

speeddreamz
03-18-2005, 09:47 PM
Fuck that shit. something something gasolina something something gasolina.... fuck that. And fuck little john on the side, cuz he just be slippin in everyones video like that guy who comes uninvited to every fucking party.

Its because of this reggatone shit that I listen to alternative now, not bad but yeah.

nrg
03-18-2005, 11:11 PM
I hate that crap.

DrtyRat
03-19-2005, 12:07 AM
and i thought that i was the only one who hated that shit.....in miami they took out a great dance music station(the only one that my fiance(sp?) and i could agree on listing to)and moved over a rock station from another channel and then replaced the rock station with a re-GAY-ton station. yes a station dedicated almost entirely to this mind numbing crap! now keep in mind that i am latino and i live in miami(what a surprise) and i can't stand it so i can't imagine what some of you are going through

m0rex
03-19-2005, 12:14 AM
Damn i hate it and some people that i know love that shit. Its crazy dacing it with big booty'd puerto rican chick :rawk: :boink: but listeting to it is a different story. Theres some that aint that bad but most of the stuff you hear is played out. I hate people who like regeton though but to each its own. For me i think this is like Eminem of mexican music :barf: .

WILDACEX187
03-19-2005, 12:18 AM
im spanish and i dont even like it. i rather listen to dance hall. reggeaton used to be good back in the day, now its too...i dunno if midstream is the right word but its too out there and it gets watered down. they just slap shit together to a good beat and thats it. sux http://imagehost.biz/ims/pictes/209034.gif

Dutchmalmiss
03-19-2005, 02:48 PM
dang so many people hate it, yet how the hell does it end up playin on a radio?

Andrew Bohan
03-19-2005, 03:06 PM
i've never even heard of it. am i cool or what?

ThatGuy
03-19-2005, 03:15 PM
^^what.

:rofl:

Phlip
03-19-2005, 03:27 PM
i've never even heard of it. am i cool or what?
Or just plain lucky, because to never have heard OF it means that you have likely never HEARD it, or have succeeded in ignoring it

S14DB
03-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Fuck BET. Sirius ch. 30 all the way!

Pepperoni
03-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Fuck that shit. something something gasolina something something gasolina.... fuck that. And fuck little john on the side, cuz he just be slippin in everyones video like that guy who comes uninvited to every fucking party.

Its because of this reggatone shit that I listen to alternative now, not bad but yeah.

yea the chorus says (in spanish) "give me more gasoline. they love gasoline" and they repeat it over and over and over in the song, and they play the song over and over and over on the radio... man it's tiring. yet at most of my DJ gigs, people still request that song :axe:

HyperTek
03-20-2005, 01:25 AM
dam.. rap is going down the crapper.. anyone else think T.I. got no talent?? when he talks live in interviews etc, he talks like hes not really too smart. everything is club music now... cant stand that "Girl Fight" song... and even Destinys Child song "I need a soul ja" song is stupid, telling all the girls to start going for thugish uneducated street guys that cant talk proper english... soo sad how people are getting influenced now a days.... :fawk2:

I kinda dont like this crap no more.... thats why I perfer trance music now, its more positive music yet still hypes me up enough to go do something (either drive or dance, but not wanna beat someone up or pick up on some young'ins hoochies at teh mall)

AlligatorBling
03-20-2005, 01:35 AM
dam.. rap is going down the crapper..

just like most new releases these days by any brand of music

s13silady
03-20-2005, 01:44 AM
dont know much about the mainstream rap scene.. ive been listening to punk and alternative almost all my life... saves me the trouble of listening to horrid things IMO... but i usually stick to underground hip hop and stuff like that... i always have to hear that reggaeton crap at work... gaudy IMO...

ruthlesstyper
03-20-2005, 02:08 AM
dam.. rap is going down the crapper.. anyone else think T.I. got no talent?? when he talks live in interviews etc, he talks like hes not really too smart. everything is club music now... cant stand that "Girl Fight" song... and even Destinys Child song "I need a soul ja" song is stupid, telling all the girls to start going for thugish uneducated street guys that cant talk proper english... soo sad how people are getting influenced now a days.... :fawk2:

I kinda dont like this crap no more.... thats why I perfer trance music now, its more positive music yet still hypes me up enough to go do something (either drive or dance, but not wanna beat someone up or pick up on some young'ins hoochies at teh mall)

agreed ...

S14DB
03-20-2005, 10:23 AM
"If I were a rich girl..." :rl:

Phlip
03-20-2005, 10:27 AM
"If I were a rich girl..." :rl:
And I am still PISSED at that white girl for murdering Lady Saw's Reggae classic

HyperTek
03-20-2005, 11:11 AM
oh yah.. her voice is hella annoying.. i think it sounds like it was made for teeny boopers hs girls to bump in thier vw beetles..

Phlip
03-20-2005, 11:27 AM
Funny shit is that I was in the target parking lot the other day listening to the ORIGINAL when one of my co-workers, who happened to also be there and coming out overheard me... I get to work a few minutes later and she asks me "why were you, of all people, listening to Gwen Stefani?"
... and I have not spoken to that dense broad since

HyperTek
03-20-2005, 01:23 PM
i went to LA/hollywood yesterday, saw a bunch of orange flyers stapled to street corners.. "Reggaeton!! every thursday night at club XXXXXXXXXX" ... was annoying.. and seeing Sandra Bullock "Ms.whatever II" billboards, and the gobs of graffiti everywhere... dam LA is wack!!

was pretty cool driving around tho cuz Im not from that area and its soo different to me... haha we kept changing the radio stations whenever some dam reggaeton would come on...

nrg
03-20-2005, 05:26 PM
the reason why this type of music gets played on the radio and tv; is because there are a bunch of idiots in this world that dont know what real music is.

I ask everyone that likes this music and they all say "well it gets you dancing. it's club music"
I also hate crunk music. =X
Alot of mainstream rap has gone down the crapper. there are only a few people left that are still true to their genra. Nas is one. Hell, even eminem has gone to shit.

yeaaaahhh OKAAAAYYY....

infinitexsound
03-22-2005, 12:15 AM
wutang 36 chambers, pantera, rage against the machine, talib and mos def, pharoh monch, zion i, some straight edge music..... but yeah anything other then that gibberish music... id rather listen to michelle branch....at least shes got better lyrics then that non sense.... cant even believe noreaga is a part of it.... i dont like it .. i just watch it... the videos i mean, same reason why i watch the latin channels.. dont speak spanish so i wouldnt understand the conversation and the sarcastic jokes.. i just watch the hot latina's... is it me or does the latin channels show alot of sexxy ass girls...

KoukiMonster
03-22-2005, 01:27 AM
immortal technique

rap
its all you need. true to the roots. he sees the big picture. powerful messages.

listen to 'the 4th branch' and 'dance with the devil'

oh yea and "industrial revolution" if you hate the way mainstream rap/hiphop has gone you'll like this song keeps it real.

HyperTek
03-22-2005, 01:33 AM
is it me or does the latin channels show alot of sexxy ass girls...

word!! yet, i dont see any hot latinas on the streets... must be my area..

airsoft
03-22-2005, 02:01 AM
What happened to Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five??? Melle Mel??? Afrika Bambaataa and the Soul Sonic Force??? Debby Deb ??? One hit WONDER, i mean, Young MC.

Who remembers BEAT STREET?? RAMON [email protected]!!!! NOOOOOOOO

BEATSTREET BREAK DOWN RAHHHHH !
Hip Hop!

Beat Street
The king of the beat,
You see him rocking that beat from across the street,
And HUH HUH !
Beat Street is a lesson too, because you can't let the Streets beat you!

Well a picture can express a thousand words to describe all the beauty of life you give
And if the world was yours to do over, I know you'd paint a better place to live...something something
something... then ...

A newspaper burns in the sand, and the headlines say, Man destroys Man!
Extra! Extra! Read all the bad news on the war for peace that everybody would lose
The rise and fall,
the last great empire,
the sound of the whole world caught on fire
The ruthless struggle,
the desperate gamble
The game that left the whole world in shambles
The cheats, the lies, the alibies.....
something something

now lets go do some breakdancing... whos up for a battle !

NI_YON_Zenki
03-22-2005, 02:09 AM
Nah. None of yah'll actually go out to look, In the correct locations

Stop sleepin' on The riverside. ladies love wetness.
And either you're really outdated. or really lost in space. Afrikaa Bambataa is living it up off of his days with George clinton and the furious five, as well as the remaining members of DMC- R.I.P. JMJ. . . As far as raggaeton. I think it going to get all the correct mami's on the dance floor. you just have to listen to the sets you like that are gettin' the honeys to bump theirs.

airsoft
03-22-2005, 02:10 AM
^^ translate please

S14DB
03-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Yeah, It's all the stupid girls fault. They are the ones that hype this crap.

HyperTek
03-22-2005, 01:45 PM
so I should listen to it becuase its a fact taht girls will dance to anything that has bass to it?? man, its only that way becuase they are influenced by the media... unfortinutly i know where ur coming from.. like that time I was at the club and they switched it to some spanish songs, and all the ladies hit the floor, so i was like "fawk it" and danced... haha

I bet you can take a super dirt rapper, give him some air time, then pay every one to say his album sold XXXXXXXXXXXXXX copies, then people will prolly be like "oh dang cuz, this chit is hot! gotta get it!!" ... wait, thats TI