PDA

View Full Version : title/registration

hmooblis
03-18-2005, 01:37 AM
i bought a car from the owner who had is brother sign the title, but they never registered the car. what do i do? the simple one is talk to the owners bro and tell him to register the car but what if i can't contact them? can i cut the middle man and get the car registered to me? has anyone gone through this?

driftyour40
03-18-2005, 04:46 AM
Do you have the pink slip? If not talk to your local DMV or whatnot. If you have the pink just have it registered in your name. I might be missing something though, but this does not sound like much of a problem.

hmooblis
03-18-2005, 01:27 PM
how do i get the pink slip? does the dmv know who cars are being sold to? the original owner did a transfer of the car so the car is just waiting to be transfered. can i erase his name and put mine...

sr240mike
03-18-2005, 01:48 PM
Sounds shady. You will have to pay all the back registration for the period it was not registered. I guess they were just too lazy to pay $15 for non-op.

MakotoS13
03-18-2005, 02:07 PM
how do i get the pink slip?

throwing glitter at then pissing on your boss is a pretty good way to get a pink slip.

infinitexsound
03-19-2005, 11:06 PM
i had to do that... dmv gives ur a paper trail. gotta get all the previous owners to waiver it all.. then u have to pay for backed registration and smog and all that good stuff and the fee's... might total to about 300-500.. but that was my case.. so i dont know about u.. u could always do a liensale... but thats up to u.. call the dmv and make sure first before u start doing something u dont even need to do... thats all i know.. hope that helps..