PDA

View Full Version : new undercover cop cars in california

95S14323
03-15-2005, 06:28 PM
i was reading the post on the cops in japan w/ fast cars
cali just recieved theres.
there a couple that came n are old news. the domestic z28 n the gt mustang
but there are also rsx, maximas,and (s500 mercedes!-crash unit). i read about a wrx in 909 area.but i dont think its in service.but anywayz
I got stop by a RSX undercover!craziest sh!t ever my budy
was trying to take pic of the car, but the cop didnt let us.
it was all black inside and out with some black wheels.couldnt tell what rims it had.
i had couple people tell me about the maxima but a acura thats crazy.
the cop said it was a new unit to be carefull on trying past up another
"ricer" again.

supportTHEezln
03-15-2005, 07:05 PM
Cops can't stop you from taking a picture or video of them. You could have and there would have been nothing he could do about it.

sw20>>s14
03-15-2005, 07:09 PM
heard about the wrx, but acuras? man, glad there's a sighting in socal and not norcal. only bad thing we have here is the maros, vettes, and all white crown vics with a tiny chp badge on the side...

wootwoot
03-15-2005, 07:32 PM
Well he could be a bigger dick than he would be otherwise.

airsoft
03-15-2005, 09:57 PM
They can't pull you over for traffic unless the car is marked with POLICE or SHERIFF or something somewhere on it, unless ur realllly driving carelessly or something outrageous.

ruthlesstyper
03-15-2005, 11:25 PM
wow. thanks for the heads up when i go there.

JuJuBee
03-16-2005, 12:52 AM
in socal we have turbo beetles with decals all on them but they are mostly for (afaik) asian task force, a unit that deals with the local asian gangs

ALTRNTV
03-16-2005, 01:55 AM
RSX undercover? That's hard to believe... but I've seen crazier things.

speeddreamz
03-16-2005, 04:11 AM
They can't pull you over for traffic unless the car is marked with POLICE or SHERIFF or something somewhere on it, unless ur realllly driving carelessly or something outrageous.

I've heard that from a cop friend of mine too, he just made lieutenant. Said undercovers can't pull you over legally, you don't have to stop. But of course if you murdered someone or did something serious of course they're gonna stop you. But traffic violations, smallthings you don't have to pull over unless its marked.

sepulchral
03-16-2005, 06:01 AM
heh you guys act like girls, virginia has that shit too, and 95s14323: how dare you say those are fast cars. its fairly obvious theres a cop when its a fully grown man with a shaved head driving a fag car around

HyperTek
03-16-2005, 12:19 PM
haha thats good.. maybe reduce the population of people that dont know how to drive

ISTOTOSAO
03-16-2005, 03:16 PM
I've heard that from a cop friend of mine too, he just made lieutenant. Said undercovers can't pull you over legally, you don't have to stop. But of course if you murdered someone or did something serious of course they're gonna stop you. But traffic violations, smallthings you don't have to pull over unless its marked.

They can pull you over they're just not aloud to cite you (AFAIK). But they will gladly wait until a marked car will show up to ticket you. After all just because an officer observed you breaking the law outside of their jurisdiction doesn't mean that you can get away with it.

Steven

Sil4089SR
03-16-2005, 04:26 PM
in my state there is no jurisdiction any more, from what i have been told. and in mancester, nh they have a corvette and Z28 cop cars, and the state troopers have a silver murcury cougar.

rps13sh
03-16-2005, 04:38 PM
how old are you 95S14323 ?

s14turbosilvia
03-16-2005, 06:41 PM
An RSX? did we forget this is a Honda? Outrun that thing!

mistaanime
03-16-2005, 06:44 PM
An RSX? did we forget this is a Honda? Outrun that thing!
those RSX's are pretty quick esp...type S...

Var
03-16-2005, 06:53 PM
it should be legal to kill undercover cops

2fourDsx
03-16-2005, 07:21 PM
"187 on an undercover cop" good ole 92 before snoop started singing with Pharell.

2fourDsx

SoCalSilvia
03-16-2005, 07:28 PM
i've seen the black/white WRX! its always driving on the 60 freeway between the 909/626 areas. Its marked though. i think it said "DARE" on it, if I remember correctly. So i think its used for drug awareness stuff rather than actual policing.

Antihero983
03-17-2005, 09:48 AM
in my state there is no jurisdiction any more, from what i have been told. and in mancester, nh they have a corvette and Z28 cop cars, and the state troopers have a silver mercury cougar.

whaaaaaat?! oh and you forgot the bone stock looking intrepids and impalas (Mass has em too)

s13silady
03-17-2005, 09:55 AM
my friend of mine thats a cop said they can pull you over.... they can site you if they are wearing their uniform and if the car has the "E(usually followed by numbers.)

DaPCWiz
03-17-2005, 01:28 PM
the only ticket I ever got was from being pulled over by an unmarked crown vic. And that was for speeding. Maybe the laws are diff over here in jersey ::shrug::

matlock
03-17-2005, 03:50 PM
In wisconsin where I used to live there was a Dare truck some old school chevy from the 80's not anything cool but I guess that is what you get for living in hick ass wisconnie!

the head
03-17-2005, 04:00 PM
one of our local police departments has a restored 63 impala in full dress that they use for parades and shit

Unmarked cars here are a bitch because they change so often the cops use cars aquired in state and county drug busts so they have diffeent cars every three or four weeks luckily police are just plain easy to spot no matter what they drive around here.

Knuckles
03-17-2005, 06:20 PM
like 2fourDsx said...."One Eight Seven on a Undercover Cop!" :rl:

RedlineRacer
03-18-2005, 01:36 PM
in SC, we got a BMW 5 series state trooper car. Its the coolest looking cop car i have seen.

jrbump
03-18-2005, 04:17 PM
^ that would be no big deal in Germany.

97DubTruck
03-18-2005, 04:45 PM
The coolest cop car i have seen was in Gainesville Georgia where im from.

1990 Z32 twin turbo with a jim wolf ecu and hks exhaust.

Black paint and some hall county decals on it with one big one on the back that says "this car was seized from a drug dealer."

Its pretty hardcore. I've seen him rolling around more lately.

WanganRunner
03-18-2005, 05:19 PM
I-95 in MD, the highway patrol, has a bunch of Mustang GTs. I saw two pulled over with the hidden lights flashing on my last trip to NYC 2 weeks ago.

A few years ago I heard from a bunch of people that Fairfax Co. PD had an 11 sec. all motor Integra that some officer was showing up to run people in, then arresting them. I can't validate that one firsthand though, but VA cops are determined sumbiatches, so I wouldn't put it past them.

ultraDorksGarage
03-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Ripleys believe it or not...
there was a point in time the HPD was using state confiscated cars(drug related i guess) as undercover cars, then when ppl would get stupid, a blue and white would come onto the freeway ahead and ><... apaprently they used a civic , prelude, and a mustang. this all stopped when the cases got thrown out because cops were "instagating mischevous actions, and promoting illegal activity". So goes the urban legend of 3-4 years ago

AenjukuCar
03-18-2005, 08:24 PM
Colorado they have STi's with 500horsepower and in texas they i've heard they're using a couple of Z06's. Anybody??

idlafie
03-19-2005, 03:44 AM
I've heard that from a cop friend of mine too, he just made lieutenant. ..... But traffic violations, smallthings you don't have to pull over unless its marked.

Most police agencies have a policy where only MARKED units should be performing traffic enforcement, however each state & municipality can decide how they want their departments to perform traffic enforcement & in what vehicles they choose to have the traffic enforcement performed in.

If you check the California vehicle code, (http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d01/vc165.htm), a police car can be whatever the California government/municipality wants it to be.....

>(f) Any vehicle for which an authorized emergency vehicle permit has been issued by the Commissioner of the California Highway Patrol.

Click on the link...you'll love it!! hahahah...
http://members.fortunecity.com/darepolicecars/dare542.jpg

As you've probably already have seen, cop cars come in all different shapes, sizes and colors. What matters the most though, is if you see a solid red light, (or whatever color your local law enforcement agency uses...some use blue), in your rear view mirror along with alternating flashing headlights and you hear a police siren, it be best that you pull over!!!...Cuz if you don't, you can ask the pissed off cop later after he drags you out of your car & whops you over the head with his baton for failing to follow his orders why he stopped you. But by then it's already too late...you're sittin' in the PO'PO' car on your way to jail!!
hehehehehe.....

All kidding aside, if you're not sure the car that is pulling you over is a cop car, (remember some people like to impersonate the police), pick up your cell phone & dial 911...tell the dispatcher that you think someone impersonating a cop is trying to pull you over. Let the dispatcher tell you what to do. You just better be ready to explain it to the cop behind you once you DO pull over.

Anyhow, hope this helps....
ID
PD Crime Scene Tech

AenjukuCar
03-19-2005, 09:57 AM
As you've probably already have seen, cop cars come in all different shapes, sizes and colors. What matters the most though, is if you see a solid red light, (or whatever color your local law enforcement agency uses...some use blue), in your rear view mirror along with alternating flashing headlights and you hear a police siren, it be best that you pull over!!!...Cuz if you don't, you can ask the pissed off cop later after he drags you out of your car & whops you over the head with his baton for failing to follow his orders why he stopped you. But by then it's already too late...you're sittin' in the PO'PO' car on your way to jail!!

Yeah but for just a traffic ticket and i run and he drags me from the car, i think thats B.S. for a traffic ticket and using that amount of force.....that cops just mad because he had to work for his paycheck. Instead of you just pulling over......Or there just pissed off because they where on their way to the crispy cream store to get some donuts and a re-fill.

devonkyle77
03-19-2005, 10:10 AM
I-95 in MD, the highway patrol, has a bunch of Mustang GTs. I saw two pulled over with the hidden lights flashing on my last trip to NYC 2 weeks ago.

A few years ago I heard from a bunch of people that Fairfax Co. PD had an 11 sec. all motor Integra that some officer was showing up to run people in, then arresting them. I can't validate that one firsthand though, but VA cops are determined sumbiatches, so I wouldn't put it past them.

wouldnt that be entrapment and get thrown out?

my240iguanas
03-20-2005, 09:58 PM
you know down in San diego as pathetic as it might seem we have some PT cruiser cop cars lol :wtf: