PDA

View Full Version : mcdonalds is gonna outsource the freakin drive through?!?!?!??

tastyratz
03-15-2005, 11:33 AM
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - McDonald's Corp. wants to outsource your neighborhood drive-through. The world's largest fast-food chain said on Thursday it is looking into using remote call centers to take customer orders in an effort to improve service at its drive-throughs.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=2&u=/nm/20050311/od_nm/leisure_mcdonalds_dc

:rl: :rl: :rl:

can you guys believe that crap?

"If you're in L.A.... and you hear a person with a North Dakota accent taking your order, you'll know what we're up to," McDonald's Chief Executive Jim Skinner told

north dakota yea im sure its economical to outsource someone getting minimum wage to north dafuckinkota. that shits goin to india like everything else we used to have here probabbly. i work it tech support over the phone so this shit affects me and is killing us. when is enough enough?? accuracy and time my ass its cheaper for them.

rainier
03-15-2005, 11:40 AM
yeah i heard about that on the news. i think the drive thru is fine the way it is. but oh well let mcdonalds do whatever they want. ill be mad if the drive thru LAGS when i make an order though. haha

biggie
03-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Its bad enough that here at work I have to speak Indian to get anything fixed. Now I've gotta learn different languages to order food? Oh wait already have to know mexican to do that everywhere.

aznpoopy
03-15-2005, 12:30 PM
that was a pretty racist and retarded thing you just said.

biggie
03-15-2005, 12:53 PM

Retarded yes, racist no. At least not to me, a lot of people at work and friend's outside of work are hispanic and when they say things in spanish I ask them to speak english not "mexican", its funny. But either way I'd like to understand most people who work at fast food places, even the American born ones that work there.

West
03-15-2005, 01:29 PM
You would imagine outsourcing would cost more. Cant beat $5.75/hr!

omen2853
03-15-2005, 01:31 PM
if you want to understand people maybe you should learn to communicate better. foask the people at your work what theyre saying...LEARN. make it easier on yourself cause face it...eventually large parts of the country are going to be occupied by spanish speakers. its already like that here in California. besides you can make more money if you speak spanish...or any other language for that matter.

i agree its a two way street and those who migrate should make an effort to communicate with us as well, but dont put all the blame on them. if youre too ignorant to take advantage of your freinds and workers...thats on you.

biggie
03-15-2005, 01:37 PM
I will never learn Spanish. Just can't do it, it makes no sense to me, I've tried. I took German in HS, it was easier than Spainish to me, although don't remember much of German now (expect numbers and cussing).

KiDyNomiTe
03-15-2005, 01:49 PM
I will never learn Spanish. Just can't do it, it makes no sense to me, I've tried. I took German in HS, it was easier than Spainish to me, although don't remember much of German now (expect numbers and cussing).
thats odd, most say English language is the hardest, and its somewhat true, there are no other languages like it. You learn spanish you can learn french, itlaian, and a few others simply, we have too many rules.

MakotoS13
03-15-2005, 01:51 PM

ZK
03-15-2005, 02:59 PM
You guys should try to learn Mandarin Chinese! Where one word can have 4 different meanings depending on how you inflect it. Like "MA" can mean mom, horse, a question ending or even [email protected]# You. And writing is pure memorization of characters, no phonetic spelling involved.

I think English is hard just because there are too many exceptions to rules.

Andrew Bohan
03-15-2005, 03:55 PM
i learned spanish, japanese, and now taking mandarin. language is easy for me for some reason.

on a side note, my gf (who came to california from thailand when she was 8, so english is her second language and can sympathise with other people in the same boat) went to mcdonalds to see if she could get some coffee cups with lids. she didn't need the coffee, just the cups and lids. the mexicans there didn't know what the fuck she was talking about. she has every right to make fun of them becuase she was in the same situation. she had 11 brothers and sisters when she came over here too. they all lived in a 2 bedroom apartment. poor as fuck an she still learned english. boo fucking hoo.

NZO
03-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Probably the best decision McDonalds has made in its history.

West
03-15-2005, 10:48 PM
Whoa whoa whoa, lets not send this off to a language debate. All I wanna know is am I going to be able to get my Double Cheese or Hot n Spicy McChicken for $1!?

kazuo
03-15-2005, 11:45 PM
she has every right to make fun of them becuase she was in the same situation. she had 11 brothers and sisters when she came over here too. they all lived in a 2 bedroom apartment. poor as fuck an she still learned english. boo fucking hoo.

Heard the fuck outta that.

You're in America; learn to fucking speak english.

SimpleSexy180
03-15-2005, 11:49 PM
mcdonalds is nasty anyways...

Rezlo
03-16-2005, 12:07 AM
Heard the fuck outta that.

You're in America; learn to fucking speak english.

English? in america LOL

Im born and raized in South Africa, been in the US 4 years, spent a year in the UK, few months in EU and a few other places I can speak 5 and mostly write 4 languages perfectly, my spelling sux, hardest one for me to learn, AMERICAN :doh: second only to the ausi's

I dont blame alot of Spanish people for not understanding wtf people say in drive threws, I have spoken the "queens" english for 22 years and i still dont understand 1/2 of what the southerner's or rednecks say ;) you guys have like a language per state just about :Ownedd:

This isnt to offend anyone, just to say, it is very hard for us outsiders to understand one states accent to anothers, Most of you wont even realise it because youve been here all your lives and according to statistics over 1/2 have never lived out side of the state they were born in,

I am a damm firm beliver that if you go to a country and intend to be there you better learn the pref language, it just isnt that easy in the US cause there is like 40-50 variations of it in every day life, and vise-versa most people here wouldnt understand my accent or way i talk if it was over a phone, hell most my buddies here when they watch british "english" programs on TV dont understand WTF they saying, and there aswell you get limey and 'queens' english and hell they differ, who is right? no one adapt to your suroundings.

Please, this isnt ment to offend anyone at all, just saying I can see it must be hard for those non-english people to learn the language and the 40-50 variations of it on a daily basis.

And yeah as long as I get my 3X $1 Mc Chickens and 1X medium fries as my staple daily diet im all good :boink: J/K

I dont think Mc D's will ever implement it, they were talking about doing that about 5 years ago in the UK and the masses made such a fuss they never did it, i would imagine it would be similar here.

SimpleSexy180
03-16-2005, 12:20 AM
america was one vote away from our main LANGUAGE to be german.

jOeHaCk98
03-16-2005, 12:28 AM
Yeah, most people are close minded, but thats what makes america what it is. Good or bad, you decide. There will be an ironic twist in the way things work when USA is "Mexico", Mexico is "Canada" and China is "USA". I mean that by world-economic roll. Then when china is the only world power the Chinese will put the white people to work the rice fields and become the janitor, then the country as a whole will look down apon white people because they cant read and write. They will be thought of as ignorant even though some might have had high education in their previous country.

China Wins.

:)

SR240DET
03-16-2005, 01:22 AM
English? in america LOL

I dont blame alot of Spanish people for not understanding wtf people say in drive threws, I have spoken the "queens" english for 22 years and i still dont understand 1/2 of what the southerner's or rednecks say ;) you guys have like a language per state just about :Ownedd:

dude!! i dont know what the hell your talking about but i think the majority of the world would agree that Chinese-english is by far the worst english....

funny people from canada come to visit florida all the time... and you know what? they understand the southern florida people just fine..... maby you just suck at the english language..... from my understanding the spanish speaking people that cant understand english are illegal... and i make them work harder than me so i can take my time when i take a shit at work....

Rezlo
03-16-2005, 01:30 AM
I would put a local Lousisiana person in the just as hard to understand bunch along with your "chinees english" ;)

Go live in a few different countries and i think youll get the just of what i was trying to say,

IE: the UK has 2 destinctive accents
Ausi's all sound similar to a degree
But here neer every state kinda sounds and speaks a little different, makes it a little harder to adapt your communication skills

SR240DET
03-16-2005, 01:43 AM
I would put a local Lousisiana person in the just as hard to understand bunch along with your "chinees english" ;)

Go live in a few different countries and i think youll get the just of what i was trying to say,

IE: the UK has 2 destinctive accents
Ausi's all sound similar to a degree
But here neer every state kinda sounds and speaks a little different, makes it a little harder to adapt your communication skills

hahaha ill agree with louisiana....

its funny... i do notice 2 accents in the UK and one sounds like jibberish... and one i can understand...

jOeHaCk98
03-16-2005, 02:07 AM
sr24, you missed it completely. Notice the quotes? Then read what they REPRESENT. It was only my twisted prediction of what possibly might happen.

Quoting Ignorance:
sr240det writes:
"..... from my understanding the spanish speaking people that cant understand english are illegal... and i make them work harder than me so i can take my time when i take a shit at work...."

Everyone in spain is illegal, same as mexico, most of south america too. Your gene pool should be shocked with hydrochloric acid.